Green Day Power Hour - need your help!

AlissaGoesRAWR

Because we apparently have nothing better to do, @wood and I decided it would be fun to create a Power Hour drinking game dedicated to Green Day! We'd like you to help us out with some suggestions of what songs to include in it. I'm going to send him the final list and the song files and he's going to put it all together.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the concept, basically you create a playlist of 60 songs but only include a 1-minute snippet of each song. Each time the song changes, you'll hear a random transition noise and that's your cue to do a shot of a drink. So by the end of the hour, you've done 60 shots of some beverage (usually beer, but mixed drinks or wine work too). You can also delve into the wonders of Urban Dictionary if you need more detail.

Thanks to @She-Loves-Him for the suggestion. She gets the credit for the idea!

So, basically we're wondering what songs you think must be included and, more importantly, what parts of those songs will work best in the playlist. Not guaranteeing everything you suggest will be included, but it'd be great to get some ideas! I'm sure wood will post it on YouTube when it's finished. :D 

@AlissaGoesRAWR was literally going to talk to him about this tonight!

I stand by my idea of starting with the first song on first album and ending with the last from the last! With Good Riddance as the encore like wood suggested. 

As for the rest of it... no thoughts. 

So, @She-Loves-Him will be responsible when you and @wood kick the bucket, got it :D 

So this can be any song right? Or does it have to fulfill any requirements? Just some songs that we think are cool?

Do you have any preferences? Slow, fast, pop, rock, ...?:D 

Green Day songs only, I think. But any of them will do! I'd considered expanding it to include bands with Green Day members in them, liken Foxboro Hot Tubs and Pinhead Gunpowder, but I'm not sure if that's necessary since Green Day has so many songs anyway!

Oh yeah, like @She-Loves-Him said, starting with At the Library and ending with Ordinary World makes sense to me! 

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

So, @She-Loves-Him will be responsible when you and @wood kick the bucket, got it :D 

So this can be any song right? Or does it have to fulfill any requirements? Just some songs that we think are cool?

Do you have any preferences? Slow, fast, pop, rock, ...?:D 

Is "no King for a Day" a preference? :P 

3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Is "no King for a Day" a preference? :P 

Well, there goes my suggestion :lol: 

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Smitty said:

60 shots of various kinds of alcohol jesus christ you're gonna die

Not if you're a man.  You'll just feel alright.  Oh, but take two tylenol with water before sleepy time.  And you should capitalize the J in Jesus and the C in Christ.  I hate New Jersey.  

Oh and if you're including fbht, then Sally is a must! 😄

8 minutes ago, tresexy101 said:

Not if you're a man.  You'll just feel alright.  Oh, but take two tylenol with water before sleepy time.  And you should capitalize the J in Jesus and the C in Christ.  I hate New Jersey.  

Me every time you post

bcf.png

14 minutes ago, tresexy101 said:

lol sorry I didn't realize its my home state's fault I didn't capitalize jesus christ. Seriously? Who cares?

Well Private Ale and Hitchin' A Ride for sure. Those will be the highlights!

29 minutes ago, Smitty said:

lol sorry I didn't realize its my home state's fault I didn't capitalize jesus christ. Seriously? Who cares?

It's not because you didn't capitalize....I just fucking hate New Jersey.  Now go blow your hair out. 

Love,

A proud Masshole.

here is my contribution - any sixty seconds of this is song

On 1/6/2017 at 10:11 PM, Billie Hoe said:

Well, there goes my suggestion :lol: 

Ooh! Good suggestions! I totally forgot about DUI and pretty much all of Shenangians. Those will be fun! :) 

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So...who wins? It's just listening to music clips and drinking?

Yup. So everyone wins!

Dominated Love Slave

Hold On

Take Back

Haushinka

Fuck Time

Revolution Radio

Jackass

Redundant

The Road to Acceptance

Prosthetic Head

You Lied

DUI (It's a drinking game after all)

Brain Stew (the morning after)

Makeout Party

Dirty Rotten Bastards

All By Myself 

My Generation

Poprocks and Coke

Dreamcatcher

Too Much Too Soon

Favorite Son

Give Me Novacaine

Peacemaker

Worry Rock

Westbound Sign

State of Shock

Xmas Time of Year

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Horseshoes and Handgrenades

Emenius Sleepus

All By Myself

Private Ale

Stuart and the Ave

No Pride

Last Ride In

Bang Bang

Oh Love

Christian's Inferno

Hold On

The Grouch

Armatage Shanks

Favorite Son

Troublemaker

One for the Razorbacks

Somewhere Now

Fashion Victim

All the Time

FOD

Having a Blast

Shoplifter

Chump

Stray Heart

Basically you need 25% of their original songs

If anybody makes it to Favorite Son on my list, you'll probably be Billie iHeart 2012 level wasted. The person who has the best endurance should do a cover of Basket Case in my opinion, preferably with vocals.

On 1/7/2017 at 1:52 AM, She-Loves-Him said:

@AlissaGoesRAWR was literally going to talk to him about this tonight!

I stand by my idea of starting with the first song on first album and ending with the last from the last! With Good Riddance as the encore like wood suggested. 

As for the rest of it... no thoughts. 

I'm also a proponent of that idea. Kudos to anyone who gets Good Riddance in the first place without doing some cola/Ice Tea/water shots in between.

EDIT: Beer might be alright, but if you mix it with other liquors :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have a list together of what I want to include... now I just need to figure out what snippets of each song to use and in what order they should be played.

They're currently listed in order of release, with the exception of Good Riddance, which will be the last song... I hope nothing is missing, but it was really hard to get all the "must-play" singles in there and a few rarities! =/

At the Library

Going to Pasalacqua

Paper Lanterns

2000 Light Years Away

Private Ale

Dominated Love Slave

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?

Burnout

Longview

Welcome to Paradise

Basket Case

She

Sassafras Roots

When I Come Around

Armatage Shanks

Geek Stink Breath

Panic Song

Stuart and the Ave

Nice Guys Finish Last

Hitchin’ A Ride

Redundant

Uptight

Haushinka

Prosthetic Head

Warning

Blood, Sex and Booze

Church on Sunday

Deadbeat Holiday

Waiting

Minority

Suffocate

DUI

Maria

J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Give Me Novacaine

She’s A Rebel

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Homecoming

Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown

Last of the American Girls

Horseshoes and Handgrenades

21 Guns

Nuclear Family

Stay the Night

Rusty James

Lazy Bones

Stray Heart

Missing You

X-Kid

Bang Bang

Revolution Radio

Youngblood

Forever Now

Ordinary World

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

i don't think i would add them in chronological order, but just randomly. that makes it more fun because you can't anticipate what comes next :D 

(btw, why not throw in a dash of suffering by adding Nightlife to the list? :ga:)

25 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

i don't think i would add them in chronological order, but just randomly. that makes it more fun because you can't anticipate what comes next :D 

(btw, why not throw in a dash of suffering by adding Nightlife to the list? :ga:)

I agree. Just listed them this way right now so it was easiest to see what was included. 

... and I considered it, but I don't think I'm that cruel. :P 

Archived