Revolution Radio Is Getting A Music Video

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wicked! Can't wait to see it. Was wondering if Billie was going to see Star Wars. I always got that song in my head.

"My lady 80".

Billie and Adrienne really are relationship goals! I'm glad they saw the new Star Wars too! I'm looking forward to the new video, hopefully it's as good as the other two - I have high expectations :lol:

The obvious continuation of the promotion of RevRad.     

Revolution Radio 

Ordinary World 

and then the mysterious anything goes 5th single.   

I predict that the title track will not do as well as the first singles, but will still make an dent in the charts.    Nothing against RevRad.  I think it's a great song.   Might reach as high as #5 or something like that.   

Hopefully a great music video will give the song some momentum.   

I think the song should be the theme song for the new Star Wars film.   It totally fits in every way.   

(I'm joking, don't kill me!  I'm also a trekky.....don't kill me!)

What was the theory on Static Noise? RevRad single after/around inauguration? Maybe it will be so.

There's so many better choices for singles/music videos though. RR is a fine song but it's too generic. They need a song like Troubled Times or Say Goodbye. I know if I heard one of those songs on the radio and I didn't know who GD was, that'd get me saying "Wow! I need to hear more music from this band". RevRad would be forgettable in comparison. I have nothing against that song, I just don't think it'll do anything as a single

i just hope that they don't make Ordinary World a single. That would suck

RR is super catchy - good choice 

(I just wish it had better lyrics so I could enjoy it wholly, withought feeling it's somewhat #problematic :P )

8 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

There's so many better choices for singles/music videos though. RR is a fine song but it's too generic. They need a song like Troubled Times or Say Goodbye. I know if I heard one of those songs on the radio and I didn't know who GD was, that'd get me saying "Wow! I need to hear more music from this band". RevRad would be forgettable in comparison. I have nothing against that song, I just don't think it'll do anything as a single

i just hope that they don't make Ordinary World a single. That would suck

Yes, there are better songs than RevRad on the album but that doesn't mean they are good singles. It's catchy, fast pace and very easy to listen to. I think it's a perfect choice. 

I'm curious to see what route they'll take with the music video, I really don't know what to expect. 

I think RR is a great single choice, it's very catchy; I find myself dancing around the house when it comes on without even realizing. Say Goodbye could be an equally good choice imo, but I think RR makes more sense because it's the title track.

It's the obvious choice for next single and it's the albums title track. It's a wise choice.

If I was being selfish I'd want a video for Too Dumb to Die or YoungBlood.

4 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Nice spot, I read that post and totally missed the reference to the Revrad video.  Glad it's the next single, it's definitely the best choice in terms of promotion (even if it's not my next favourite song).  Interested to see where this video will go, as the videos for Bang Bang and Still Breathing couldn't have been more different.

Yeah I don't think that Revolution Radio is catchy enough for the "mainstream" audience. I would have chosen Ordinary World. 

Hopefully this video'll be better, cause I honestly wasn't too crazy about the other two.

I feel this is a step back from 'Still Breathing'.  Yes, I am drunk but I believe that after a ballad of some sorts, GD has to hit the masses with 'Forever Now'.  In my opinion, the best song on the album. 

6 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Yes, there are better songs than RevRad on the album but that doesn't mean they are good singles. It's catchy, fast pace and very easy to listen to. I think it's a perfect choice. 

You mentioned very easy to listen to.  I think we need a song that is NOT very easy to listen to... Forever Now would be great.  Fuck it, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades...why not?  This world is so f'd up I would love for GD to release 'I wanna be alone'.  

First of all, they need to let Still Breathing "breathe" (hah) a bit before focusing on another single. Singles are meant to promote, not just as some sort of forced process in album release. Still Breathing has a shot at Top 40 so push it.

I like Revolution Radio as a song, and the chorus is super catchy along with relevant subject matter, but I just don't see it being popular. I think Green Day needs to have more unique songs as singles. I'm not a huge Say Goodbye fan, but it would fit in well with the current alt music scene. Also, "Outlaws" is an amazing song overall. I can't tell if it would be a popular song, but putting it out there for casual fans to see how masterful Green Day can still be would good publicity. "Too Dumb to Die" is also great and almost 90s Green Day, but I have a feeling it doesn't have enough "oomph" to do well on the charts.

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Still Breathing has a shot at Top 40 so push it.

I'm very disappointed. Still Breathing has a great potential. But GD aren't exploiting it at all.

That's great news to start the new year with! Nothing will ever top the Still Breathing video for me I think, but I'm still excited to see the RevRad video! I like the song and the lyrics, I think there are a lot of metaphors in there and I love metaphors :happy: Great start into a great Green Day year (and only 17 days left until I finally see them, yeah!)

This is great news.
Haha what a great photo of Billie Joe!

Is that a lollipop in his mouth?

Kind of a boring and safe single choice (does seem logical since it's the title track but it's really one of the weakest songs on there and something unexpected and different for once would've been better). But still I'll be glad to see another video!

Actually, this choice is disappointing from GD. A one could expect a more brave choice than RevRad. I see it as the average GD song. Good but repetitive over time.

I hope the 4th single will be Too Dumb To Die. I already have an idea for the music video: GD playing with a string orchestra in an auditorium. And you all can guess which instrument BJ will play in the chorus... :lol:

15 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Actually, this choice is disappointing from GD. A one could expect a more brave choice than RevRad. I see it as the average GD song. Good but repetitive over time.

I hope the 4th single will be Too Dumb To Die. I already have an idea for the music video: GD playing with a string orchestra in an auditorium. And you all can guess which instrument BJ will play in the chorus... :lol:

I agree. GD are known for big epic songs, this feels average and generic in comparison

Looking at all the other songs from RR, I think after the 2 singles we've already got, we should get
1. Another political single (Either Troubled Times or Say Goodbye)
2. A more fun sounding single (BOTW or Too Dumb To Die)
3. Forever Now

Archived