Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Is there somewhere a short video from Billies visit in Viggiano when he was singing BOBD while playing guitar? I saw it few times on instagram and saved this, but the video is no longer there

20 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Is there somewhere a short video from Billies visit in Viggiano when he was singing BOBD while playing guitar? I saw it few times on instagram and saved this, but the video is no longer there

There was WMUWSE do you mean that one?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There was WMUWSE do you mean that one?

Thanks, I was also searching for this one, but at the same place Billie also performed BOBD and the video just disappeared :/

I know this isn’t GD related, but can a molar 🦷 keep somebody sane? Because, 1. I have been doing more GD related stuff than normal (and that’s really saying something) 2. I was singing along to Revolution Radio (song) but about my cat & 3. I can related to Basket Case even more now.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

How come there's so many people credited with writing 2000 Light Years Away? I just noticed it for the first time today and I don't even recognize any of the names.

9 minutes ago, Jollyroger118 said:

How come there's so many people credited with writing 2000 Light Years Away? I just noticed it for the first time today and I don't even recognize any of the names.

one of them is Jesse Michaels who is the singer for Operation Ivy who Green Day covered Op Ivy's song "Knowledge" but they are credited cause they helped create the music to the song Billie wrote the lyrics but had helped with the music side so they are credited 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Didn’t Billie use to have a nose ring back in the Dookie era? 

Yes he did. 

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes he did. 

Thanks thought I remembered him having one but I looked at a quick glance at a few Dookie era photos and didn’t see it and thought “did I just think he did?” 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Thanks thought I remembered him having one but I looked at a quick glance at a few Dookie era photos and didn’t see it and thought “did I just think he did?” 

He stopped wearing it pretty early on in the Dookie era.  I think I read a thing one time where he said it would get caught in his guitar strings when he played with his teeth 😂  He has it in the Longview video:

He actually still has the piercing you can see the hole in this photo:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I need some help with one question. I've found an article about Billie inviting Eden Galindo on stage (you know, the guitar player that played at the Bataclan in Paris during the bad things going on there). 

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/eagles-of-death-metal-guitarist-joins-green-day-in-paris-13946

It says he joined the band in Paris but at videos I've found  on youtube, you can only see him backstage.

Do you know the song where he joins the band in Paris and Belgium?

And by the way: I think it's a super nice thing they did by inviting him. Eden later posted on instagram that the crew and the band asked several times  if he was okay during the show (because of the traumatic events in Paris at the last time he played with the eagles of death metal). 

I pay so much respect for his desicion to never give up after what he experienced at the Bataclan.

Eden Galindo rocks and he's a really cool guy that I pay a lot of respect for.

I wouldn't have the nuts to go on stage after all this. 

And Billie is the best for showing him that it's possible to go on and that he can do what he likes even if it's small baby steps to take.  Also heard they put him at an extra save position. Found a video on youtube, where you can see him at the end. at 5:40

5:40

Edited by Savannah89
  • Like 3

Wouldn't be sure about that.  Same as it wouldn't surprise me, if Eden joins Green Day for longer, in case Matika doesn't want to play or have other arrangements.

And Jesse Hughes being a gun fan doesn't make Eden a gun freak too. They make music, they don't shoot together at their spare time.

Wikipedia in my country says Eden left the band , but as you know, anyone can write there, so this is not varified.

Eden has a longer connection to Green Day.

You can see him in this video (also Hans), where he talks about Mike Dirnts equipment  at 20:32. The video is from 2013 and I bet my ass Eden knows Billie since more than 20 years.

However it's a really cool thing, that BJA invited him to play, knowing it might be a big part of fighting the trauma that the night at the Bataclan caused.

I don't know if there are side effects from the attacks , but nearly 90 people died at the club, so it's a huge thing.

Edited by Savannah89
  • Like 1

That was Knowledge in Brussels. I had no idea that was anyone of relevance though. They didn't make a big deal of it. He was actually around at several shows, so I thought he was a crew member.

• Like 2

This is the most amazing way a band can treat someone who survived such a horrible thing. That's why I love these guys. They are sensitive, caring and empathic. Always looking out for each other, for friends  and other people around. They don't let you die in the dirt. 

• Like 4

Does anyone know When Billie first started making Wake Me Up? I think I remember reading it was around long before they started American Idiot but I could be wrong

2 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

Does anyone know When Billie first started making Wake Me Up? I think I remember reading it was around long before they started American Idiot but I could be wrong

He says it in the 2016 Howard Stern interview. 2002 or something? I don't remember. 

6 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

He talks about it in Broadway Idiot that he wrote it from the perspective of it being twenty years later (per the lyric) so 2002 sounds right.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He talks about it in Broadway Idiot that he wrote it from the perspective of it being twenty years later (per the lyric) so 2002 sounds right.

Also, as Mike says to him while recording AI in Heart Like A Hand Grenade, "it's about time you wrote that one" I took him to mean that it hadn't been kicking around for a long time, or if it had, Billie Joe hadn't shared it with Mike and Tre.

• Like 1

Can anyone post the interview where Billie confirms Too Much Too Soon and Hearts Collide were on Cigarettes and Valentines? And any other times he confirmed other songs please?

3 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

Can anyone post the interview where Billie confirms Too Much Too Soon and Hearts Collide were on Cigarettes and Valentines? And any other times he confirmed other songs please?

The radio interview has been “lost” for a bunch of years now. People have asked for it here before but it seems that no one has it anymore. 

• Like 1