Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I've never been myself so I can't really tell you if it's worth visiting or if there's better places :P. There's lots of threads about different Green Day places to visit around though if you want more info

Yeah I did my research a little bit. I think I'm sticking up to Rudy's and Studio 880 at Jingletown ahah

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well I guess I can only take a coffee at Rudy's? Or it's a restaurant like you need to eat absolutely?

You can just have a coffee or buy merch.

Whether or not it's worth visiting depends on what you want to see. This is a rough guide of how to spend a day in Oakland depending on what interests you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

You can just have a coffee.

Whether or not it's worth visiting depends on what you want to see. This is a rough guide of how to spend a day in Oakland depending on what interests you.

Wow thank you!! Add to favorite in my browser right now. 
I'm having a good conversation with my girlfriend tonight about this day in Oakland😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well I guess I can only take a coffee at Rudy's? Or it's a restaurant like you need to eat absolutely?

28 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Alright thanks for the tip!
Our 12 days trip in California will be cool but we're only one day in Oakland (this part of the trip is for me 😂) So I want to see as much stuff about Green Day as I can.

We ate at Rudy’s both days this past weekend because we stayed nearby. Friendly service, great breakfast and t-shirts (and yes Oakland Coffee). At the block party they had a tent and were giving away bags and pods of the stuff as well as merch like hats and bags. I brought a box of pods home to use for guests (not a coffee drinker myself). I asked them when they will start selling tea 😄

You can still see Jingletown but it’s been sold and the building is behind a fence anyway and there’s not much to see. It’s also in a janky part of town so we skipped it on our tour. 

I posted a ton of photos from the tour we just took this weekend to my IG you’re welcome to see and also ask any questions about locations and logistics that you want.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I asked them when they will start selling tea 😄

What did they say?

I SOOOO want them to start selling tea. I'd sign back up for Prime just to have an auto-shipment of tea (assuming it meets my tea standards).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You can still see Jingletown but it’s been sold and the building is behind a fence anyway and there’s not much to see. It’s also in a janky part of town so we skipped it on our tour. 

Ah damn it won't worth the visit I guess. 
I'll go see Broken Guitar instead!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DadBod said:

What did they say?

I SOOOO want them to start selling tea. I'd sign back up for Prime just to have an auto-shipment of tea (assuming it meets my tea standards).

They said they would love that and have had other requests for it but no plans right now. You should let them know you want it too. Maybe the more people who ask for it who knows. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

No that's the restaurant that Mike part owns, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. I don't believe there is an Oakland Coffee shop, it's just a coffee company that sells online and out of other shops. There's a list of shops that sell the coffee on the Oakland Coffee website, I see it says you can buy it at Rudy's:

https://oaklandcoffee.com/where-to-buy/

Oh okay it all makes sense now I'm definitely gonna go to Rudy's then for sure and check it out.

• Like 1

I'd actually recommend Jingletown and Studio 880 to anyone interested in the albums recorded there. It is a dodgy area, but it's surreal to be there and peer through the fence at the parking lot. There's also a small store nearby which actually says "Jingletown" and is featured in Cuatro. The only downside (other than, well, feeling like you have to get out ASAP) is that it's quite far out so if you're on public transport it takes up a lot of the day. So just depends on whether you'd rather take out the time to do that or cram in lots of other things.

• Like 2

I felt fine in the neighborhood, but yeah, it is far from the train station, and the only other GD thing in the area is the station on East 12th street, which is also a long walk from there.  Although my favorite thing was probably that it's right on 27th St, which made me think of 27th St Shuffle.  Guessing this is the store you were talking about @solongfromthestars?  It's on the same block as 880.

xU8eIOK.jpg

• Like 1

Ditto to heading to studio 880, I loved peeking through the fence. You can also see where their names have been scratched from the mailbox, the basketball hoop from cuatro, and the jingletown store as others have mentioned. 

It's not far from there to the facility on E12 St too. 

Similarly to others, I have a list I can share if you're interested. Although @solongfromthestars smashed it with her account of her tour! We did 11 days, so you'd have to ruthless to narrow it down to your  1 day, you'll be able to cram lots in if you are careful. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Montclare said:

I felt fine in the neighborhood, but yeah, it is far from the train station, and the only other GD thing in the area is the station on East 12th street, which is also a long walk from there.  Although my favorite thing was probably that it's right on 27th St, which made me think of 27th St Shuffle.  Guessing this is the store you were talking about @solongfromthestars?  It's on the same block as 880.

That's the one. This is the scene it's in (around 0:22)

I forgot about 27th Ave. Good call! I know there's a 27th Ave in San Francisco and that fits with the "Golden Gate is falling from behind" line. I think the song probably refers to the one in Oakland with the studio being there, though.

Since it's been mentioned, I won't pass up on the opportunity to plug my project :D  

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/welcome-to-paradise

• Like 4

On 7/22/2019 at 12:09 AM, jengd said:

He’s the only person credited bar Joey on drums, forget which song Joey did now, sure someone will tell us.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:11 AM, Nightlife said:

Happiness 

thanks guys!

6 hours ago, Jrem said:

About to head to Rudy's tomorrow morning! Anyone who has been there can you recommend anything to try?

Everything’s great. I had the Monte Cristo one time and there’s a brunch menu on weekends and they did a great eggs Benedict with spinach.  My friends love the pancakes too. 

• Like 1

This is BS right - he didnt really say this - did he?

“Set lists are tough because you come up with this structure of how the songs are going to go from one to the next, but at the same time, you have to be spontaneous and take requests and change the set list at the drop of a hat.”
-Billie Joe Armstrong

• Haha 2

Any one having major issues ordering anything off Green Days official site/Oakland Coffee via Warner Music? I ordered a dookie shirt back in April...still hasn't shipped, and I pre ordered a Oakland Coffee hat back in June, said it would be released on july 12th...hasn't shipped either..definitely losing faith in their releasing Merch area.

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Any one having major issues ordering anything off Green Days official site/Oakland Coffee via Warner Music? I ordered a dookie shirt back in April...still hasn't shipped, and I pre ordered a Oakland Coffee hat back in June, said it would be released on july 12th...hasn't shipped either..definitely losing faith in their releasing Merch area.

Has your account been charged for the items? Contact them via their site. There should be a "customer service" area with email and phone number listed.

Does anyone know if American Idiot (the musical) is going in tour again? Because I would love to see it for the first time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

Does anyone know if American Idiot (the musical) is going in tour again? Because I would love to see it for the first time.

Check this thread for updates:

6 hours ago, DadBod said:

Has your account been charged for the items? Contact them via their site. There should be a "customer service" area with email and phone number listed.

Yes I did, they just said they are "still receiving inventory" and they would email me as soon as it ships. This is the second order now with the same response which is why I'm getting really annoyed. It shows on my card as a pending charge for both orders. They did say I could cancel if I like. What I would like is my stuff. It didn't list either item as sold out or backordered or anything...

37 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Yes I did, they just said they are "still receiving inventory" and they would email me as soon as it ships. This is the second order now with the same response which is why I'm getting really annoyed. It shows on my card as a pending charge for both orders. They did say I could cancel if I like. What I would like is my stuff. It didn't list either item as sold out or backordered or anything...

I would keep contacting them asking for an eta of when the items will be in stock and say that you weren’t notified at checkout that your items were out of stock or backordered. 

8 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I pre-ordered coffee & shirt combo for release on the 17th - did say it would take at least 6 weeks - that's quick for us here😂  Previously Ive ordered from Warner & it takes about the same & you get no tracking advice.  Its pretty shit but mine did come.

2 hours ago, The Insider said:

I pre-ordered coffee & shirt combo for release on the 17th - did say it would take at least 6 weeks - that's quick for us here😂  Previously Ive ordered from Warner & it takes about the same & you get no tracking advice.  Its pretty shit but mine did come.

I had issues with tracking but mine showed up. It was weird.