Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Don’t forget he did eventually read Catcher In the Rye on his own even though he blew off the school assignment. Though it seems he had to have known at least something about Holden C. when he wrote the song because it makes sense with the lyrics.  

• Like 1

I'm glad I wasn't forced to read Catcher in the Rye during school. I found it on my own and really enjoyed it where as if I had been forced to read it, it wouldn't have had the same impact.

• Like 1

I read when I was 13 and loved it. When I looked at it later I thought it sucked. I suppose it's a book you need to read at a right moment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I read when I was 13 and loved it. When I looked at it later I thought it sucked. I suppose it's a book you need to read at a right moment.

I was about 15-16 when I read it. I'm sure I would have a different opinion of it now if I were to read it again.

4 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I was about 15-16 when I read it. I'm sure I would have a different opinion of it now if I were to read it again.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's awesome when you're a teenager.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jengd said:

Never confuse intelligence with education.

Exactly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jengd said:

Never confuse intelligence with education.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

I have an ex-friend who used to be really close to me and when I decided I didn't want to go to college after doing high school and college at the same time, she completely ghosted me like an immature asshole. She just assumes that people who don't have at least a masters degree are "settling" and are going to be (as she calls them) "burger flippers" for the rest of their lives. :rolleyes: fucking christ, so glad someone said this.

• Like 2

@maryjanewhatsername That's pretty shitty and I don't think that person is worthy of your friendship! One of my best friends in the world didn't end up going to college and I couldn't care less. He's brilliant and amazing and I'm proud to call him my friend. Education isn't the be all end all. The GD boys are of course another perfect example. They're probably some of the smartest people out there and I have nothing but love and respect for them. Who cares if they don't have high school diplomas or college degrees?!

I have a bachelors of science in biology, but I feel this societal pressure to get a masters degree too, even though I don't know what exactly I want to do yet. If I find a dream job and I do in fact need more schooling, then I'll go for it. But it's just a waste of time and money otherwise. Funnily enough, I want to study animal intelligence if I do go back to school.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DadBod said:

I'm glad I wasn't forced to read Catcher in the Rye during school. I found it on my own and really enjoyed it where as if I had been forced to read it, it wouldn't have had the same impact.

I read it junior year in high school and hated it. Although it was fun to read aloud in class and say all the swears :P I definitely appreciate it more now than I did back then. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This has probably already been asked but what happened to Lady Cobra from Nightlife? Has she ever done anything else besides her collaboration with Green Day? Is she even still an artist?

2 minutes ago, Jrem said:

This has probably already been asked but what happened to Lady Cobra from Nightlife? Has she ever done anything else besides her collaboration with Green Day? Is she even still an artist?

She does tattooing in the Bay Area I believe.

Have Billie, Mike, or Tre ever played any video games before? If so, what are their favorite games?

10 minutes ago, Epifender888 said:

Have Billie, Mike, or Tre ever played any video games before? If so, what are their favorite games?

I don't remember what interview it was (or if it's even still available since a lot of Green Day content has disappeared :(), but I know they mentioned playing Halo on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:14 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Don’t forget he did eventually read Catcher In the Rye on his own even though he blew off the school assignment. Though it seems he had to have known at least something about Holden C. when he wrote the song because it makes sense with the lyrics.  

Yeah hes pretty smart. I wouldn't doubt he has a high IQ that's probably why school bored him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Epifender888 said:

I remember Billie saying in an interview about green day rock band that his favourite video game was mike tyson's punch out

1 hour ago, BUBBYBUB said:

Yeah hes pretty smart. I wouldn't doubt he has a high IQ that's probably why school bored him. 

I think for a lot of artistic people, school just doesn’t work.  The traditional subjects are just irrelevant to them.  I do think he’s pretty bright though. 

11 hours ago, jengd said:

I think for a lot of artistic people, school just doesn’t work.  The traditional subjects are just irrelevant to them.  I do think he’s pretty bright though. 

Agree.

• Like 2

Could simply be a wikipedia error, but it got me confused.  

On God's Favorite band, Jason Freeze is listed as doing "additional keyboards", but I know he isn't featured on any of the album singles, so I was wondering if it was on "Back in the USA" or the remake of "Ordinary World".    

Weird.  

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Could simply be a wikipedia error, but it got me confused.  

On God's Favorite band, Jason Freeze is listed as doing "additional keyboards", but I know he isn't featured on any of the album singles, so I was wondering if it was on "Back in the USA" or the remake of "Ordinary World".    

Weird.  

I think they had him in to do keyboards on some songs on RevRad

On 6/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, solongfromthestars said:

I don't remember what interview it was (or if it's even still available since a lot of Green Day content has disappeared :(), but I know they mentioned playing Halo on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour.

Oh, nice. I think I saw Tre playing some 16-bit sports game for the SNES or Sega Genesis in the 1994 bookmobile interview video, but I'm unable to recognize it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Epifender888 said:

Oh, nice. I think I saw Tre playing some 16-bit sports game for the SNES or Sega Genesis in the 1994 bookmobile interview video, but I'm unable to recognize it.

It's at the very beginning of this video. I recognize that P looking symbol that drops down the screen but I don't remember what game it is.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 12:51 AM, duckez said:

I remember Billie saying in an interview about green day rock band that his favourite video game was mike tyson's punch out

Great game! I still have the original NES cart somewhere, my dad used to play it too and use passwords he had to write down before the internet came about (yup, he’s the same age as Billie).