Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Okay, I understand.

But I have another thing going through my mind.

Anybody of you noticed that Billies accent sounds a bit english? 

Or is it just me?

11 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Okay, I understand.

But I have another thing going through my mind.

Anybody of you noticed that Billies accent sounds a bit english? 

Or is it just me?

Yeah people have said that about his singing voice, articles would mention it when Dookie came out. He said himself "I sound like an Englishman impersonating an American impersonating an Englishman" haha

I don't think there's as much English in his voice as that, it mostly sounds American but there's just random moments where certain aspects of his voice sound kind of English (specifically London/cockney) in songs, the way he drops his "h"s (eg "I 'ope you had the time of your life") and the way he pronounces certain vowels (eg sometimes his "o" sounds). From discussing it here before I think a lot of it is just a coincidence that a Californian accent contains some randomly similar elements to a London accent, and his particular accent happens to include some of them quite prominently. Could also be some influence on his singing voice from English bands/singers but I think it's mostly the coincidence between accents thing.

• Like 2

Considering this english accent, it's seen in this video really well:

Another thing I thought about this night (totally different and I didn't wanted to open a new thread about it, to avoid overload on the board).

There have been guitars given out at the last tour for fans who came on stage and played with gd. 

Are the guitar sponsored through the label? And another thing: In case GD would have to cancel a show because of illness or circumstances like the weather. :confused:

Do they have to pay the money back they would have earned? Anybody knows? 

17 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

How much do floor tickets to a GD show cost?

I don't remember it exactly but I payed something like 50-60€, not more. It's not cheap but a lot less than other big rock bands.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't remember it exactly but I payed something like 50-60€, not more. It's not cheap but a lot less than other big rock bands.

Okay so in American dollars...?

Because I heard about that girl who went to a whole bunch of GD shows for the Rev Rad tour, and she like slept in her car and stuff... The one who was mentioned in GDA's interview with Green Day. Anyway, I was thinking about doing that next tour but I want floor tickets.

9 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

Because I heard about that girl who went to a whole bunch of GD shows for the Rev Rad tour, and she like slept in her car and stuff... The one who was mentioned in GDA's interview with Green Day. Anyway, I was thinking about doing that next tour but I want floor tickets.

They’re pretty close, 50 Euros is about 56 dollars US

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re pretty close, 50 Euros is about 56 dollars US

Only 56 dollars? ... I somehow find that hard to believe. But thanks anyway 😁

49 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

I vaguely remember my show being closer to $100 for pit. My upper bowl seat was $60 before fees. But then I decided 3 days before the show to go. 

Edit: and I bought via Ticketmaster. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

I was just doing the conversion for you because you asked.  The cost of the pit depends on your venue/country most likely and changes every tour so we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I vaguely remember my show being closer to $100 for pit. My upper bowl seat was $60 before fees. But then I decided 3 days before the show to go. 

Edit: and I bought via Ticketmaster. 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was just doing the conversion for you because you asked.  The cost of the pit depends on your venue/country most likely and changes every tour so we’ll have to wait and see.

Thank you!!

I noticed on GDA that the band biography is only updated through the trilogy, anyone know when it will be up to date?

Also did Billie delete his Instagram again?

5 hours ago, The Blayr said:

I remember mine being $110-$130ish

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s back now

He really didn’t want to be distracted during GoT... 

26 minutes ago, DadBod said:

He really didn’t want to be distracted during GoT... 

What's GoT

19 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

What's GoT

Game of Thrones. It’s a show on HBO and the final season premiered Sunday, which is when he deactivated his accounts (again). 

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

Game of Thrones. It’s a show on HBO and the final season premiered Sunday, which is when he deactivated his accounts (again). 

Damn. Some intense fans! Glad he's back though!

10 hours ago, The Blayr said:

How much do floor tickets to a GD show cost?

Like @Todd said I seem to remember our tickets for the last US leg of the RevRad Tour were $110-130

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Blayr said:

Damn. Some intense fans! Glad he's back though!

Check out the last 2 pages of the Instagram thread. 😬

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Like @Todd said I seem to remember our tickets for the last US leg of the RevRad Tour were $110-130

Thank you!

2 hours ago, DadBod said:

Check out the last 2 pages of the Instagram thread. 😬

😂 I saw. I couldn't turn on the radio the other day without hearing about GoT. I went on KROQ and they were having a commercial-free hour but it didn't really feel commercial-free because the hosts spent half the time talking about GoT!! 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Blayr said:

Thank you!

😂 I saw. I couldn't turn on the radio the other day without hearing about GoT. I went on KROQ and they were having a commercial-free hour but it didn't really feel commercial-free because the hosts spent half the time talking about GoT!! 😂

Everyone is so hyped up about GoT right now but I stopped watching it after the third season, probably because it's been soon after I've read the books, but now I'd like to see the ending because some conclusion is better than none. I need that resolution. (And all I'm getting are elephant memes :lol:). The struggle is real.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Everyone is so hyped up about GoT right now but I stopped watching it after the third season, probably because it's been soon after I've read the books, but now I'd like to see the ending because some conclusion is better than none. I need that resolution. (And all I'm getting are elephant memes :lol:). The struggle is real.

Lol memes you don't get are the worst. I've never seen GoT but all this hype has got me interested. Especially if Billie likes it, maybe I'll watch it 😎

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

Lol memes you don't get are the worst. I've never seen GoT but all this hype has got me interested. Especially if Billie likes it, maybe I'll watch it 😎

If I had HBO, I'd check it out, but that's not in the budget.

• Sad 1