Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Can someone tell me which was Tre's first official gig with Green Day?  I'm trying to figure out when he started to tour with them. 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can someone tell me which was Tre's first official gig with Green Day?  I'm trying to figure out when he started to tour with them. 

1990/09/XX - Cloyne Court Co-Op, Berkeley, California
Larry Livermore: "I believe the first show with Tre was at a student co-op house in North Berkeley. Of course I could be wrong, too. Billie asked Tre if he'd like to fill in on drums, and in September I watched Tre play his first show with Green Day at a student co-op on Berkeley’s North Side."

John still played a couple of shows after this, including the first five shows of 1991 where Green Day did a min-tour of the North-West with Aaron Cometbus and Brent's TV. But after that tour, John was done. 

1 minute ago, Todd said:

1990/09/XX - Cloyne Court Co-Op, Berkeley, California
Larry Livermore: "I believe the first show with Tre was at a student co-op house in North Berkeley. Of course I could be wrong, too. Billie asked Tre if he'd like to fill in on drums, and in September I watched Tre play his first show with Green Day at a student co-op on Berkeley’s North Side."

John still played a couple of shows after this, including the first five shows of 1991 where Green Day did a min-tour of the North-West with Aaron Cometbus and Brent's TV. But after that tour, John was done. 

Thanks.  So after which dates exactly, because they toured all of 1991 I'm trying to pinpoint the final switch when Tre was officially on tour.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Thanks.  So after which dates exactly, because they toured all of 1991 I'm trying to pinpoint the final switch when Tre was officially on tour.

Tre's first tour with Green Day was their November 1990 mini-tour of Southern CA & Arizona with Cringer, Monsula, & Hunger Farm. After the short tour with John in Jan 91, Tre most likely resumed his spot as drummer on January 18th.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Is there a list/thread regarding all things GD to visit in Oakland?

Yeah, there have been several, with multiple people posting their trips. This was mine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Montclare said:

Yeah, there have been several, with multiple people posting their trips. This was mine.

Ta - this old iPad won't even let me search the threads.

2 hours ago, The Insider said:

@solongfromthestars God that was amazing - anything I do will pale in comparison. 

Thanks! I'm sure your trip will be equally amazing though. If you need any advice about it you're welcome to message me too. Most of it is here if you don't want to keep scrolling through the text.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Insider said:

Is there a list/thread regarding all things GD to visit in Oakland?

I’ll send you the Google Map I used that had everything listed! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tree. said:

Are there any fan-shot recordings up from either BIAB or AAF? I want to check for overdubs.

This one is Awesome As Fuck version 

This one has opening ''it aint that brand new this song is called cigarettes and valentines lets go'' but it's not the same recording after that. I think it was 2 different live shows merged as one.

I don't know anything else, I'm sorry.

• Like 2

Billie said She was inspired by a feminist poem of the same name that Amanda showed him (source). Does anyone know which poem it is? I'd be interested in reading it.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:11 AM, Tree. said:

Are there any fan-shot recordings up from either BIAB or AAF? I want to check for overdubs.

Some of the AAF songs:

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

East Jesus Nowhere (only crappy videos of this unfortunately)

Holiday

¡Viva La Gloria! (only one of this too that I could find, sad)

Cigarettes & Valentines

Burnout

Going to Pasalacqua

JAR

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield (I think it's this one anyway?)

Geek Stink Breath

She

21 Guns

I haven't watched most of these so I don't know what the quality is like, but maybe you can find some others from the same shows if they're shit.

• Like 1

I saw a post on tumblr today about how back in 2010, Billie had a guy from the pit taken away by security after spitting right in his face because the guy apparently groped a girl right in front of him. There is a close up of that video on YouTube, but it's not available in my country. And I need to see that because of reasons. :P See: 

Is there anyone who can see it? When I embeded the video here, I could see the thumbnail and a play button, so I guess that means it hasn't been completely taken down, but when I click it it tells me I can't view it. Is there anyone who can and who would download it for me so I can see it?

• Love 1

Ahh I have seen it before but that video is blocked for me too. It's pretty interesting, he looks super pissed off and uses his guitar to point the guy out and you can see him working the spit up while he waits, and it's a MASSIVE amount of spit when he does it, looks like a gallon of it. I'm surprised you can't see it in the far away version.

I didn't think we knew what the guy did though? Obviously did something to anger Billie but you don't see/find out what it is in the video. I remember people wanting to find out at the time but no one knew. If it was just described as that on tumblr or youtube I wouldn't believe it, I've noticed people like to describe every video of Billie dealing with a crowd member as "a guy in the crowd was harassing a girl" whether there's anything to indicate that was what happened or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Whatever the reason, the sheer amount of spit was impressive. Only other creature capable of this would probably be a camel.

Accurate description, the spitting should've been gifed 

I wonder do you just have to be in the US to see it? Hope it gets saved/reuploaded

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Accurate description, the spitting should've been gifed 

I wonder do you just have to be in the US to see it? Hope it gets saved/reuploaded

I can watch it (I live in the US). I don't have the capabilities to save it though. 

1 minute ago, squashie09 said:

I can watch it (I live in the US). I don't have the capabilities to save it though. 

Can you confirm that the volume of spit was impressive though? :D 

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Can you confirm that the volume of spit was impressive though? :D 

Good lord... it was like he took a drink and spat it out! Impressive, yet disgusting.

Comment section says the guy he spit on was "being a dick, hitting and shoving people in the pit." The jerk must have been unnecessarily rough to warrant that reaction from Billie.

• Like 1

Yeah the thing about harrassing a girl is unconfirmed, that's why I said "apparently" :D I could've said "allegedly" too, I don't know. I know that the video where he drop kicks some dude in the face has been said to be him defending some other girl's honor too, but Billie said something about a "mohawk motherfucker" wanting a fight, so... I don't know. I do wonder though what he could've possibly done that angered / pissed Billie off so much that he not only had this guy removed from the pit but also spit in his face. 🤔 

20 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I mean I don't wanna ask you to download some shady youtube downloading software, but would ANYONE ELSE who lives in the US do it? :D the fact that it's still available is a relief

38 minutes ago, Hermione said:

and uses his guitar to point the guy out

I was so confused when I saw that. Did someone add machine gun noises to make it look like he was shooting the guy? lmao what the hell was that sound?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I mean I don't wanna ask you to download some shady youtube downloading software, but would ANYONE ELSE who lives in the US do it? :D the fact that it's still available is a relief

I mean, I would, but I'm on my work computer and I don't have anything except an ipad at home.

9 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I was so confused when I saw that. Did someone add machine gun noises to make it look like he was shooting the guy? lmao what the hell was that sound?

Sadly, no added machine gun sounds in this video. That would be awesome though. I was fully expecting a "get the fuck out of my show" comment after the spit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Sadly, no added machine gun sounds in this video. That would be awesome though. I was fully expecting a "get the fuck out of my show" comment after the spit.

It was the other video i linked (not embedded) in the post, it starts about minute 4:10. Does anyone know what this is?

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

It was the other video i linked (not embedded) in the post, it starts about minute 4:10. Does anyone know what this is?

It sounds like people beating on the seats or something. I don't think it was added later or apart of the show. The sound ends before he takes the guitar down and points out the guy.