Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

5 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Just wondering: What's up with Billie and Fiji water? Has he ever said anything publicly about that? Like, why is he so attached to that brand over any other? Does he become a drama queen if he can't get his Fiji water? 😂 If no one knows, that's fine. I don't want speculation. I just want to know if he's ever said anything regarding his strangely specific preference.

There was a picture of a note or a rider or whatever at a show during the last tour that said something like like "Billie Joe - 10 Diet Cokes and 10 Fiji waters, have done by 2pm". It was just a regular note about what drinks he'd requested for whoever needed the info but it's funnier to imagine him being a diva demanding Diet Coke and fancy Fiji water by 2pm sharp :P. I believe he was also drinking Fiji water at some Longshot shows so seems like it is his preference lol.

Who has the picture?

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Montclare said:

The only thing I can think when looking at that is, that's a lot of liquid.  No wonder they have to keep a bucket backstage.

Well he does also sweat half of it away but true 😄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

He's earned 55 million dollars with his own talent.  Nothing wrong with him splurging on the finer things in life, haha!  

Its the six diet cokes that worries me 😂 😂

Hardly up there with Kanye West and his "everything must be white" crap I'm glad to say!

26 minutes ago, jengd said:

Hardly up there with Kanye West and his "everything must be white" crap I'm glad to say!

That might be code for coke :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

The only thing I can think when looking at that is, that's a lot of liquid.  No wonder they have to keep a bucket backstage.

A Fiji water bottle is 500ml. Times six is about three liters, one liter more than the minimum you're supposed to drink in a day. And considering that playing 2 and a half hours on stage in the heat of the spotlights is pretty much a workout, 6 Fiji waters are perfectly reasonable. I think they probably included more than is needed just to be safe and to give him options :P

45 minutes ago, jengd said:

These "diva backstage whims" are actually quite interesting because they're not always just pointless requests of celebrities, but a test if the promoters have read the performance contract. Van Halen for example will only perform if there is a bowl of M&Ms in the dressing room with all the brown ones picked out, and if they see brown M&Ms, they know the contract wasnt thoroughly read. And that can cause serious threats of security and endanger the band, the stagehands and the fans. Here's a good article about that:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/brown-out/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

A Fiji water bottle is 500ml. Times six is about three liters, one liter more than the minimum you're supposed to drink in a day. And considering that playing 2 and a half hours on stage in the heat of the spotlights is pretty much a workout, 6 Fiji waters are perfectly reasonable. I think they probably included more than is needed just to be safe and to give him options :P

These "diva backstage whims" are actually quite interesting because they're not always just pointless requests of celebrities, but a test if the promoters have read the performance contract. Van Halen for example will only perform if there is a bowl of M&Ms in the dressing room with all the brown ones picked out, and if they see brown M&Ms, they know the contract wasnt thoroughly read. And that can cause serious threats of security and endanger the band, the stagehands and the fans. Here's a good article about that:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/brown-out/

I've heard that about the brown M&Ms attributed to a few bands, last time I think it was Foo Fighters so not sure it's true but yes, it's interesting to see what they all ask for.

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I've heard that about the brown M&Ms attributed to a few bands, last time I think it was Foo Fighters so not sure it's true but yes, it's interesting to see what they all ask for.

Well, in the article they're quoting directly from the biography and there are numerous articles about Van Halen being the weird brown M&M band 

Fiji Water is so freaking good. My favorite bottled water, too (if that’s a thing people have, haha). Good taste, Bill. :thumbsup: 

20 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Fiji Water is so freaking good. My favorite bottled water, too (if that’s a thing people have, haha). Good taste, Bill. :thumbsup: 

I usually don't taste any difference in water unless it's strongly mineral, you must have super sensitive taste :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I usually don't taste any difference in water unless it's strongly mineral, you must have super sensitive taste :lol:

JESUS MARIE, IT'S MINERALS

• Haha 1

I had never heard of Fiji water until it was mentioned in connection to Billie. It isn't widely available here but I did see some the next time I went to Waitrose (posh upmarket supermarket) and lol'd at how expensive it is :P. Costs even more than Evian!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

It's what all the Generation Z Instagram hipsters drink lmao. I know my 17 year old cousin has an empty Fiji bottle displayed on a shelf in her room, I dont know why :lol:

Jeez :lol:

he's such an ig hoe

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I haven't had any in a long time, so it may have been in my head, but it was available in all the dorm cafeterias in college so I drank it a lot and always remembered thinking it tasted better than Dasani or Aquafina. And since I had to buy a several thousand dollar "meal plan" to live on campus (essentially forcing me to blow thousands of dollars on food I didn't want for two years or lose the money), I would just stock up on water and Gatorade and other non-perishables before the meal dollars expired. :P 

... I don't know if this is how campus living/dining works overseas but in America it's a huge money-making scam.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

There was a picture of a note or a rider or whatever at a show during the last tour that said something like like "Billie Joe - 10 Diet Cokes and 10 Fiji waters, have done by 2pm". It was just a regular note about what drinks he'd requested for whoever needed the info but it's funnier to imagine him being a diva demanding Diet Coke and fancy Fiji water by 2pm sharp :P. I believe he was also drinking Fiji water at some Longshot shows so seems like it is his preference lol.

Who has the picture?

He was totally drinking FIji water at the Longshot show I went to! :lol: He chugged like a third of it in one go and then passed it out to the crowd because it was so hot in that club. That's literally the only time I've had it and I didn't notice anything special about it (other than it almost certainly had some of Billie's spit in it). If I had to choose a brand, I'd probably go with Arrowhead.

And wow! I did not expect a full fucking page about Billie and his Fiji water! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

He was totally drinking FIji water at the Longshot show I went to! :lol: He chugged like a third of it in one go and then passed it out to the crowd because it was so hot in that club. That's literally the only time I've had it and I didn't notice anything special about it (other than it almost certainly had some of Billie's spit in it). If I had to choose a brand, I'd probably go with Arrowhead.

And wow! I did not expect a full fucking page about Billie and his Fiji water! 😂

I mean if it's a drink shared with Billie it's automatically a great drink :lol:. I would never usually drink any beer especially Skol lager but when it was one of Billie's at FBHT it was suddenly more appealing :P. Your Billie drink was about 1000x classier than mine though, talk about an upgrade!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I mean if it's a drink shared with Billie it's automatically a great drink :lol:. I would never usually drink any beer especially Skol lager but when it was one of Billie's at FBHT it was suddenly more appealing :P. Your Billie drink was about 1000x classier than mine though, talk about an upgrade!

I mean, it was contaminated by like 10 other people before me, but Billie did put the entire bottle opening in his mouth so there was probably still some of his spit left on it. :lol: I hate beer, but I agree with you that a beer that Billie drank out of would be more appealing. ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I haven't had any in a long time, so it may have been in my head, but it was available in all the dorm cafeterias in college so I drank it a lot and always remembered thinking it tasted better than Dasani or Aquafina. And since I had to buy a several thousand dollar "meal plan" to live on campus (essentially forcing me to blow thousands of dollars on food I didn't want for two years or lose the money), I would just stock up on water and Gatorade and other non-perishables before the meal dollars expired. :P 

... I don't know if this is how campus living/dining works overseas but in America it's a huge money-making scam.

Wow that's expensive. You had no reason at all to drink anything else :P

At my uni we only pay for what we eat but we can't stock up on things - you go to the cafeteria, pay for your meal, eat it and that's it.

I'd never seen or heard of Fiji water until Billie drew my attention to it and now I start laughing everytime it's mentioned.:lol: I didn't think it was even available in England until I saw a video of someone walking around London with a bottle of it the other day. Although if it's available in Waitrose like Hermione says, that would explain why I've never seen it because my city isn't posh/rich enough to have a Waitrose lmao.:lol:

On the subject of Billie + Fiji water, I remember when Billie did that livestream where he was singing Gucci Gang by Lil Pump and all I could think about was the fact that Lil Pump has a song about Fiji water. :lol: Now I have a theory that Billie secretly stans Lil Pump just for all the Fiji content. :lol:

• Haha 2