Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

1 hour ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Hey! So, I'm still kinda a "newer" Green Day fan, I started listening to them back in April of 2016, but didn't really listen to them until the Bang Bang single came out in August of 2016. :) Anyways! Quick question- do they usually have a new album out first, then start touring a few months/ or a year after? I'm just wondering because I'm currently saving up money to see them again and get pit tickets again! And I wanna be prepared(have enough $) to buy tickets right when they come out. So I'm just wondering if after when they have a new album out if they start touring RIGHT AWAY or if there's a little leeway(spelling?) and they wait a bit?

Generally they release a single a few months before the album drops and do a small venue/club tour to promote it, then hit the larger venues once it’s out to the public. But who knows what will happen next record. The industry changes all of the time. 

You have time to save up for pit tickets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Hey! So, I'm still kinda a "newer" Green Day fan, I started listening to them back in April of 2016, but didn't really listen to them until the Bang Bang single came out in August of 2016. :) Anyways! Quick question- do they usually have a new album out first, then start touring a few months/ or a year after? I'm just wondering because I'm currently saving up money to see them again and get pit tickets again! And I wanna be prepared(have enough $) to buy tickets right when they come out. So I'm just wondering if after when they have a new album out if they start touring RIGHT AWAY or if there's a little leeway(spelling?) and they wait a bit?

There's no rule for them. Is ok to save money because they are always working something and we can't know. For a example, they played 21st Century Breakdown without any sign a month before the release of Know Your Enemy single. Then, some small promo shows, and after that, they went on the proper large scale tour. But with the Trilogy, they started playing the songs more than a year before the release of UNO!

So, keep saving. You never know when Green Day is ready to hit the road.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Generally they release a single a few months before the album drops and do a small venue/club tour to promote it, then hit the larger venues once it’s out to the public. But who knows what will happen next record. The industry changes all of the time. 

You have time to save up for pit tickets. 

20 minutes ago, greendepent said:

There's no rule for them. Is ok to save money because they are always working something and we can't know. For a example, they played 21st Century Breakdown without any sign a month before the release of Know Your Enemy single. Then, some small promo shows, and after that, they went on the proper large scale tour. But with the Trilogy, they started playing the songs more than a year before the release of UNO!

Ah, I see now. That's good to know, thanks guys! And will do ^_^

Edited by The_real_st_jimmy

12 hours ago, greendepent said:

This is absolutely the best piece of advice, they toured 21CB a lot, passed by my nearest venue twice, once in 2009 and again 2010!  Welcome and have fun!

9 hours ago, EliR said:

Does anyone know if we will be getting the video of the Santa Rosa High School show? Someone said they have the tape and want to digitize it.

I answered you on reddit :) if you have any other questions about recordings, feel free to PM me!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm searching for a video that was posted on the facebook account of the band. The boys were backstage and warmed up for the upcoming show. Anyone knows the video or does have a link?

2 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

I'm searching for a video that was posted on the facebook account of the band. The boys were backstage and warmed up for the upcoming show. Anyone knows the video or does have a link?

It’s greetings from cologne. Go under the video page on their Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember someone telling me a long time ago that Billie does not like Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and that it was originally not going to be on the album but a band member/producer/whatever urged him to include it so he did and wanted to know if there was any truth to that at all. ^_^

On 10/5/2018 at 2:00 AM, Jirachi said:

I remember someone telling me a long time ago that Billie does not like Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and that it was originally not going to be on the album but a band member/producer/whatever urged him to include it so he did and wanted to know if there was any truth to that at all. ^_^

Yes he mentioned it in the Guitar World interview he did to promote the 21st album 

• Like 1

I was just wondering how many interviews Green Day actually did for the RevRad era. It seems like they didn't do nearly as many as for previous albums. I always like to try to see all of them and I'm not sure I have yet. These are the ones I have seen:

• KROQ
  • Radio X
  • Kerrang!
  • Rock and Reel
  • Sound Lounge (Wrigley Field)
  • That one that's like 30 mins long that was done somewhere in the UK where they look especially down because of the election
  • On the Record
  • Radio 104.5
  • James Corden
  • Edith Bowman
  • Stephen Colbert

Am I missing any really good ones or major ones? I looked through the tour and download sections, but didn't really find any answers so I thought I'd try here. I'm talking about filmed interviews, btw, not audio.

9 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Am I missing any really good ones or major ones? I looked through the tour and download sections, but didn't really find any answers so I thought I'd try here. I'm talking about filmed interviews, btw, not audio.

Absolute Radio 

Spoiler

RedBull Sound Space (after the concert)

Spoiler

iHeart Radio performance has some interview sprinkled throughout it

Spoiler

2-hours with Matt Pinfield podcast (not video, but actually really interesting)

Spoiler

Mike interview: AllSchools Magazine

Spoiler

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, squashie09 said:

Absolute Radio 

RedBull Sound Space (after the concert)

iHeart Radio performance has some interview sprinkled throughout it

2-hours with Matt Pinfield podcast (not video, but actually really interesting)

Mike interview: AllSchools Magazine

Sweet! Thanks! I've seen the iHeart Radio one and the Redbull Sound Space on too (forgot to mention those), but I didn't know about the others.

Now for another random question: There's an interview where Billie says that he liked the name Otis for the studio because "if you know someone named Otis, he's probably your best friend... or your cat." The interviewer asks him what Otis is for him and he says "My cat." So does Billie actually have a cat named Otis now and if so, are there pictures? I know he lost Cleveland a few years ago, but I wasn't aware that he'd gotten another cat.

2 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Now for another random question: There's an interview where Billie says that he liked the name Otis for the studio because "if you know someone named Otis, he's probably your best friend... or your cat." The interviewer asks him what Otis is for him and he says "My cat." So does Billie actually have a cat named Otis now and if so, are there pictures? I know he lost Cleveland a few years ago, but I wasn't aware that he'd gotten another cat.

I’ve never heard him say that, which interview was that?

I don't think he has any cats now and I believe that quote came from the Rock & Reel "The Talk" interview.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve never heard him say that, which interview was that?

This one. I can't remember if he says that in the first or second part (I think first), but it's a great interview so you should watch the whole thing anyway.

Spoiler

@squashie09 Yes, correct.

Edited by Green Day In Seattle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Rock & Reel guy asked some really good questions. Personal but not over the line personal.

"Punk rock garbage men!"

• Haha 1

This was on Scuzz tv in the UK.  Not as subdued as some of the earlier ones but not their best one.

Sorry, this is the one listed as on the record.  How about this one at Sirius XFM?

Edited by jengd
Addition

I have two questions:

I read somewhere of a fan who was hurting herself and that Billie painted a heart on the part where she cut herself. Anybody knows where I'm able to find the quote?

And another question? Does anybody know where I can find Billies old instagram pictures? Did anybody make screen shots. Feel free to PM me, if you know.

Wow... that is some large font you are using...

Answer to your 2nd question: You can find them by using hashtag searches on tumblr and instagram. They are all over the internet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Title pretty much explains it. I wanna see them when they go back on tour eventually. I wanna be close to the front so the pit would be my best bet. I also, hopefully, wanna be like this kid, though I know hope is slim. BTW I'm in CT so if any of you have experience with the pit in CT/NJ/NY tri-state area, that would be amazing.

EDIT: I would have a parent or at least 2 friends who are taller than me.

Edited by AndrewUnknown