Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

On 8/27/2016 at 4:37 PM, Billie Hoe said:

Oh, that must have been it.

What's up with Erica anyways? Everybody spells her differently. In the biography it's written "Erica Paleno", then other times it's written "Arica Paleno" then "Arica Pelino", now you said "Erica Pelino"... :D

Hi.

Edited by Arica Pelino

1 hour ago, Arica Pelino said:

What is funny?

You're literally posting the same exact comment on multiple forum threads replying to comments months or years old and claim not to be a bot. That's what's funny to me :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

You're literally posting the same exact comment on multiple forum threads replying to comments months or years old and claim not to be a bot. That's what's funny to me :lol:

Ahh, okay that makes sense. I can see that the threads are old, but I thought I was responding separately to each person's post.

I can understand how the details get mixed up some 25+ years later but there are a lot of mistaken thoughts/comments on here. People trying to connect the dots. For example, the high school prom photo is not me, but it says it is. I know who that girl is though.

Edited by Arica Pelino

• 2 weeks later...

Has Green Day been ever mentioned in movies or TV series, for instance a GD poster on a wall or something like in Knocked Up when a little girl says she wants to listen to GD. 

(except soundtracks, The Simpsons, or 'This is 40' in which Billie appears and GD is mentioned). I probably know everything about their official appearances but have any of you ever noticed a poster or something? 

35 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

Has Green Day been ever mentioned in movies or TV series, for instance a GD poster on a wall or something like in Knocked Up when a little girl says she wants to listen to GD. 

(except soundtracks, The Simpsons, or 'This is 40' in which Billie appears and GD is mentioned). I probably know everything about their official appearances but have any of you ever noticed a poster or something? 

You can look in the Green Day References thread for all that stuff. One I remember off the top of my head was from Marvel’s Jessica Jones. I think Jessica had a Dookie poster in her teenage bedroom season one.

Oh and an episode of NBC’s Superstore last season had loads of Green Day shout outs. There are many more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

- In Sabrina the Teenage Witch there's one episode where you can see an International Superhits! poster in the background.

- I remember an episode of ER where a young boy is listening to At The Library out loud in his bedroom. I was surprised they chose such an unknown song ^^

- In Grounded for Life there's one episode where they attend a Ramones show and the daughter reacts saying "Well, the music was good, but they were just ripping off Green Day" haha. There's even another one where the same girl talks about going to a Green Day show.

That's all I can think of right now 😛 It's funny how you can notice both Sabrina and Grounded for Life belong to the Warner group. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mrduckygoosy said:

- In Sabrina the Teenage Witch there's one episode where you can see an International Superhits! poster in the background.

- I remember an episode of ER where a young boy is listening to At The Library out loud in his bedroom. I was surprised they chose such an unknown song ^^

- In Grounded for Life there's one episode where they attend a Ramones show and the daughter reacts saying "Well, the music was good, but they were just ripping off Green Day" haha. There's even another one where the same girl talks about going to a Green Day show.

That's all I can think of right now 😛 It's funny how you can notice both Sabrina and Grounded for Life belong to the Warner group. 

ohhhh my god, I totally forgot about Grounded For Life! I think that show came out when I was in 9th grade and I definitely remember that scene from the Ramones show!

I also forgot about grounded for life and now that I googled it I realize the dad kind of looks like that guy on TLC with 130 wives.. Anyway, on topic. The most memorable reference to Green Day for me is when in Better Call Saul the main character, Jimmy, says something about him seeming like a saint and the other persons answers is "yeah, st jimmy". It hasn't been confirmed to be a GD reference but I mean COME ON it has to be. Love that show and legit screamed when it happened lol.   

15 hours ago, Nightlife said:

I also forgot about grounded for life and now that I googled it I realize the dad kind of looks like that guy on TLC with 130 wives.. Anyway, on topic. The most memorable reference to Green Day for me is when in Better Call Saul the main character, Jimmy, says something about him seeming like a saint and the other persons answers is "yeah, st jimmy". It hasn't been confirmed to be a GD reference but I mean COME ON it has to be. Love that show and legit screamed when it happened lol.   

It reminds me there is a character named "Jimmy Saint" in the video game Red Dead Redemption. It could be a reference too but it has never been confirmed. 

44 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

The most memorable reference to Green Day for me is when in Better Call Saul the main character, Jimmy, says something about him seeming like a saint and the other persons answers is "yeah, st jimmy". It hasn't been confirmed to be a GD reference but I mean COME ON it has to be. Love that show and legit screamed when it happened lol.   

I saw that and laughed but thought it was just one of those “You know you’re a Green Day fan when...” moments and it was just me making connections 🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I saw that and laughed but thought it was just one of those “You know you’re a Green Day fan when...” moments and it was just me making connections 🤔

Sure we find references everywhere but it can't be just that..

50 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Did Green Day ever get sued by the Kinks for Warning ripping off Picture Book?

Not that I know of. I think I saw a quote once from Ray Davies where he said he liked Warning, so I guess he was cool with it.

While I'm here, does anyone know who runs the Broken Guitars Instagram account? Some fans seem to think it's Billie, but I've never seen any confirmation of that.

12 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

While I'm here, does anyone know who runs the Broken Guitars Instagram account? Some fans seem to think it's Billie, but I've never seen any confirmation of that.

I would assume it's Bill or an employee.  I always find it funny when the account likes something Billie posts.  It's like Billie liking himself. :lol:

Does anyone know how to track your order from the GD store.  My first email says its completed & shipped & the second email says its with UPS & the tracking number is blank😏

This might be a stupid question, but I have to know: When there is piano on Green Day songs, who plays it on the recorded versions? Obviously Jason Freese is their live pianist, but I know Billie can play piano too. Could it be that the piano we here on the records is Billie playing or does Jason record with them? I'm really curious because piano is my favorite instrument and I know Billie can play it, I just don't know how often he actually does for their songs or how proficient he is.

3 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

This might be a stupid question, but I have to know: When there is piano on Green Day songs, who plays it on the recorded versions? Obviously Jason Freese is their live pianist, but I know Billie can play piano too. Could it be that the piano we here on the records is Billie playing or does Jason record with them? I'm really curious because piano is my favorite instrument and I know Billie can play it, I just don't know how often he actually does for their songs or how proficient he is.

Both have played piano on Green Day records.  For example, both are credited for piano on 21CB (I’ve always imagined Jason played the more complex or less ‘front of the mix’ bits, but that’s just a guess), but only Billie is credited for Tré (so we can assume he played on The Forgotten).  I’m less sure about specific songs, but maybe someone like @Todd would know.

FYI, discogs.com is a really useful resource for looking at who’s credited for what on each album when you don’t have access to the physical copies.  For example, I was just wondering who played the organ on misery, so I headed to https://www.discogs.com/Green-Day-Warning/release/1266849 and found out it’s Mike.  That album has some of the best credits imo (especially blood, sex & booze :lol:).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Both have played piano on Green Day records.  For example, both are credited for piano on 21CB (I’ve always imagined Jason played the more complex or less ‘front of the mix’ bits, but that’s just a guess), but only Billie is credited for Tré (so we can assume he played on The Forgotten).  I’m less sure about specific songs, but maybe someone like @Todd would know.

FYI, discogs.com is a really useful resource for looking at who’s credited for what on each album when you don’t have access to the physical copies.  For example, I was just wondering who played the organ on misery, so I headed to https://www.discogs.com/Green-Day-Warning/release/1266849 and found out it’s Mike.  That album has some of the best credits imo (especially blood, sex & booze :lol:).

Thank you for that! I really hoped it was him on The Forgotten. The piano in that one is so pretty. I wonder if he did any of the piano in Foreverly.