Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

1 hour ago, NickTheToaster said:

Where am I able to get Pinhead Gunpowder stuff?

This is what's left of the 2009/10 Recess Records presses for sale really cheap here
http://catalog.1234gorecords.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97&zenid=4b3bc9b8b302a6141b12a4f08b0b2bbb

Or you can shop all of their records new and used here
https://www.discogs.com/artist/297105-Pinhead-Gunpowder

Discogs is a collector's best friend :D 

Posted this in the wrong place, so I’m going to repost it here

Hey guys, I just joined, and wanted to ask a question. I think this is the best place to ask (I’ve searched on google and couldn’t find an answer) but does anyone know what guitar Billie gives away on stage when they play Knowledge? It looks to me like an Epiphone Les Paul Special I, but I’m not sure.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, miss youngblood said:

What is Billie's nationality/ethnicity?

Mostly English, Scots/Irish with some Italian.

2 hours ago, miss youngblood said:

What is Billie's nationality/ethnicity?

Billie's ethnicity is a mix of English, Scottish, Irish, Italian, German and Cherokee. I can confirm all this mix, but I can't post anything here to explain how. DM me if you want more informations.

Now my question: is this video legit? I found it a long time ago, but I never took the time to ask if it was legit. We can clearly hear what seems to be Tré's voice, but I'm not sure about Billie's voice.

4 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Billie's ethnicity is a mix of English, Scottish, Irish, Italian, German and Cherokee. I can confirm all this mix, but I can't post anything here to explain how. DM me if you want more informations.

He also has some Spanish in there.

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

He also has some Spanish in there.

I only mention those I can confirm. I know it has been mention on some web sites he has also Spanish, but I've not find anything that confirms it. If you want the truth, I can confirm some of his ethnicity because I've found his family tree online and I used the archives to complete it. I'm a historian. I know how to work with archives and do a family tree. Unfortunately, I can't post anything about it on the forum.

13 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I only mention those I can confirm. I know it has been mention on some web sites he has also Spanish, but I've not find anything that confirms it. If you want the truth, I can confirm some of his ethnicity because I've found his family tree online and I used the archives to complete it. I'm a historian. I know how to work with archives and do a family tree. Unfortunately, I can't post anything about it on the forum.

I know, we've discussed it elsewhere ;).  I've definitely found Spanish in official records.

16 hours ago, Montclare said:

I know, we've discussed it elsewhere ;).  I've definitely found Spanish in official records.

Oops! I didn't see to who I was replying to yesterday. I was in a hurry because I was in class and I didn't want the teacher to see me doing something else (but she saw me, lol). Sorry!

3 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Oops! I didn't see to who I was replying to yesterday. I was in a hurry because I was in class and I didn't want the teacher to see me doing something else (but she saw me, lol). Sorry!

No worries!  :)

Can someone please tell me who the f--ck is Tre Cool even means?

I keep seeing on t-shirts and on that pink bunny in concerts. Is there a meaning behind it?

19 minutes ago, miss youngblood said:

I keep seeing on t-shirts and on that pink bunny in concerts. Is there a meaning behind it?

I don't think there's any meaning behind it, I think it's just because Billie wore this shirt at one point, so it just became a thing.

020915_billieshirt.jpg

On 1/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, miss youngblood said:

I believe the story is Tom Cruise asked that if I remember it correctly 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I believe the story is Tom Cruise asked that if I remember it correctly 

This story is as much of a gdc urban myth as C****g himself. It's impressive that it's still going around. 

1 hour ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

This story is as much of a gdc urban myth as C****g himself. It's impressive that it's still going around. 

I've never heard either before (what is the one you speak of?). The Tom Cruise one sounds like something one of the band might say as a joke if they got asked where it came from, I can't really imagine Tom Cruise saying that phrase. It's not completely implausible but I'd want to see a source :P 

17 hours ago, Hermione said:

I've never heard either before (what is the one you speak of?). The Tom Cruise one sounds like something one of the band might say as a joke if they got asked where it came from, I can't really imagine Tom Cruise saying that phrase. It's not completely implausible but I'd want to see a source :P 

I'm convinced this story was made up by a certain member of this forum :lol: The one whose name shall not be said. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

I'm convinced this story was made up by a certain member of this forum :lol: The one whose name shall not be said. 

Could very well be 

I remember a little while ago someone was wondering about whether Tre is called by his real name by anyone, possibly @pacejunkie punk? Anyway I just saw a relevant quote on the subject from 1998:

“Being a drum-head got me where I am now, so I’ll stay a drum-head,” says Tré, noting that the only people who call him by his real name these days are cops and doctors.

http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/5/4/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I remember a little while ago someone was wondering about whether Tre is called by his real name by anyone, possibly @pacejunkie punk? Anyway I just saw a relevant quote on the subject from 1998:

http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/5/4/

Thanks. Sounds familiar, I might have been wondering what Sara and his family call him. I guess the answer is Tre. 😄

Other than the Fritz Radio show in 2004 when they played The Grouch as a request and it fell apart half way through, has anyone got any examples of the boys messing up a song in a really obvious way? 

During Billie's 1998 acoustic solo performance on KALX radio he forgot the lyrics to the 2nd verse of Stuart And The Ave. and had to stop the song to remember them and when he got back to the 2nd verse he stopped again after 10 seconds and when they played Welcome To Paradise on Jaded In Chicago Billie starts off in F instead of E but quickly corrects his mistake and plays the rest of the song without a problem.

• Thanks 1

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread