Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

38 minutes ago, missmiley said:

hey guys pretty obvious question, how do you add youtube videos to posts?

I have tried but all I see after I post is the link

Help?  

Do you hit “enter” on desktop or “return” on mobile after you paste the link? After that if you give it a few seconds it should automatically embed.

Also, this thread is technically for Q&A related to the band. For GDA/GDC-specific help, you can post here in the future: 

• Like 1

A friend of mine was at the Big Day  Out Festival when Green Day played on 1st October 2000. The set list isn't on setlistfm but I was wondering if anyone on here might have any ideas as to how he might be able to find it. Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, basketcase4933 said:

A friend of mine was at the Big Day  Out Festival when Green Day played on 1st October 2000. The set list isn't on setlistfm but I was wondering if anyone on here might have any ideas as to how he might be able to find it. Thanks in advance

This show? http://www.greendayauthority.com/tour/show/1663/

@Ham Pascale might be able to help

3 minutes ago, missmiley said:

What does on the orange heart mean on some posts?

It means enough people have "Liked" it enough times to be a popular posts.

Also again, this is for Green Day related questions. Please use the thread below for GDC issues and questions

Does anyone know what Billie says in Armatage Shanks when they play it live "self loathing freak and..... deviot"?! I'm pretty sure it's not "introverted deviot", I hear self empowered?! Lol

For reference:

Spoiler

Also, I thought it's just when they played it in the past couple of years, but I found this from 1995 and he says the same thing, I just can't figure it out. 

Spoiler

• Like 1

He seems to be singing 'self-important deviant' when he plays it live... as well as refusing to change the last chorus to 'claustrophobic mind'

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, gnash said:

He seems to be singing 'self-important deviant' when he plays it live... as well as refusing to change the last chorus to 'claustrophobic mind'

I'm bummed about that, self loathing freak and loner in a claustrophobic mind are my 2 favorite lines from the song!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 5:36 PM, Kyle Serlington said:

I just watched the Geek Stink Breath soundcheck from Jaded in Chicago and there were a couple short closeups of Blue and it's hard to tell but I paused it and I think I saw individual pole pieces on the humbucker instead of the blades, so I think it's the JB

ok so I just watched the concert and in Paper Lanterns there's a closeup shot during the solo where I definitely saw the blades in the humbucker so he used the Bill Lawrence for that, weird.

Now I'm wondering about SNL and MSG because those are also from December of 94. I watched videos from both and it's hard to tell because there's no super close shots and it's blurry footage since it's not HD, all I can tell is that the humbucker is black for both of those. I love the tone on SNL, it's not as muddy as Jaded, so I always thought that was the JB.

Didn't someone related to Timmy Chunks post on here before? Maybe they could ask him for us!

1 hour ago, Kyle Serlington said:

ok so I just watched the concert and in Paper Lanterns there's a closeup shot during the solo where I definitely saw the blades in the humbucker so he used the Bill Lawrence for that, weird.

Now I'm wondering about SNL and MSG because those are also from December of 94. I watched videos from both and it's hard to tell because there's no super close shots and it's blurry footage since it's not HD, all I can tell is that the humbucker is black for both of those. I love the tone on SNL, it's not as muddy as Jaded, so I always thought that was the JB.

Didn't someone related to Timmy Chunks post on here before? Maybe they could ask him for us!

Yeah, his daughter posted on here not too long ago! Great idea to ask her

On 11/23/2017 at 4:12 AM, Billie_joe_joe said:

yeah i belive its been confirmed that he used the bill lawrence for jaded in chicago

He definitely did. Ill see if I can find a cap of the video that shows it so that everyone is on the same page  

is it true that tre has mikes name tattooed above his butt? he said in a interview a long time ago that he did but that was it and i have no idea on how to confirm this 

2 hours ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

is it true that tre has mikes name tattooed above his butt? he said in a interview a long time ago that he did but that was it and i have no idea on how to confirm this 

I can't confirm for sure but I'd assume he was joking. Like, it's rare for men to even have a tattoo there and just sounds like a typical joke to make about his friend. Plus I'm sure photos of Tre where he's wearing trousers or shorts or swimming trunks that sit low exist and someone would've noticed a tattoo there at some point. And I highly doubt if he really had that on him he would've only mentioned it once and then never again. All the evidence says joke to me :P 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

I can't confirm for sure but I'd assume he was joking. Like, it's rare for men to even have a tattoo there and just sounds like a typical joke to make about his friend. Plus I'm sure photos of Tre where he's wearing trousers or shorts or swimming trunks that sit low exist and someone would've noticed a tattoo there at some point. And I highly doubt if he really had that on him he would've only mentioned it once and then never again. All the evidence says joke to me :P 

I don't remember seeing anything in the HLAHG pool scene.  ;)

• Haha 4

On 11/28/2017 at 8:59 PM, Kyle Serlington said:

i've seen photos and he played woodstock with the muffs sticker then after added the  "fuck metal" and if you look at the veterans memorial its after woodstock and he has the white seymour duncan still, then go to jaded in chicago you can see the fuck metal sticker  and he has the bill lawrence so i think he changed to the white seymour duncan then back to the bill lawrence then the the black jb 

pause at 13:23 or 24:29 and you can see the "fuck metal" sticker under his arm. one thing that i want to know is what did he do with the bill lawrence pickup after he took it out of blue 

Edited by Billie_joe_joe

12 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Does anybody know the circumstances behind this pic?

i think that was during the riots at the Boston show in 94

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes it was the Hatch Shell riot. He jumped off the stage to start pulling out the flowers in the landscaping and security was trying to stop him or something. Once bottles started flying they ran and hid until the crowd left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So nobody is answering my question in the correct thread.

What does the US Vinyl version of "God's Favorite Band" say? "Manufactured in EU" or "Manufactured in the US"?

I need to know since I would have to send the thing back, since I ordered from the US store and got the EU version shipped (which I already have...)

Not sure if this belongs here but does anybody know about the legal status of downloading American Edit in Europe?

• Haha 1

does anyone remember back in 2001 when they were posting those voice messages on their site, they posted cover versions of 'santa claus is coming to town', 'rockin around the christmas tree', 'the first noel', a travis cover 'why does it always rain on me', an acoustic version of a song called 'things i heard today' and 'minnesota girl'... and i think there was one other song, it was a harder more punked out song, sounded like it could have been a network song even... does anyone know what that song was called, or have an mp3/youtube link for it? i can't find that song anywhere online.

some random places have it listed as being called "what about today", while other people use that title as a second title to "world vs world" or "stay"... basically i don't know what the deal is with all that. anyone who can shed some light on any of this would be rad. i'm also just looking for that voice message song that sounded like a network song if anyone has a link that'd be amazing...

3 hours ago, straighttohell said:

some random places have it listed as being called "what about today", while other people use that title as a second title to "world vs world" or "stay"... basically i don't know what the deal is with all that. anyone who can shed some light on any of this would be rad. i'm also just looking for that voice message song that sounded like a network song if anyone has a link that'd be amazing...

The phone message song is "What About Today", which is impossible to find on Youtube. I've uploaded it here for quick listening

"Stay" is an unreleased song that was previously known as "World vs. World" until we got the real title confirmed by John Kiffmeyer this year. 

Both songs can be downloaded here :)

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/forum/166-unreleased-rare-songs/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread