Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

5 hours ago, Ham Pascale said:

It was Insomniac era.  I found the interview but can't upload atm.  They were at dockside in Brisbane. 

Reminds me a little of this one:

"I don't like actors," spits Billie Joe. "And I hate other musicians, except for the ones that I already knew or the few that are cool. I don't want to become an actor and I'm insulted when actors become musicians. I'm just not into the whole rubbing shoulders with the big boys kind of thing. I'm doing just fine without them."

I'm glad he (presumably) changed his mind on that one. Putting people into boxes isn't cool. I like seeing people experimenting with other mediums (including Billie!) :D

"I don't actors" made me lol though. How do you think movies get made BJ :ga: 

• Like 1

Is Tre hiding his drumsticks during this latest leg of the tour? If he's stopped it would be a shame as it was quite funny to see pictures/videos of him hiding the drumsticks

On 8/24/2017 at 11:36 AM, RedundantIdiot said:

Is Tre hiding his drumsticks during this latest leg of the tour? If he's stopped it would be a shame as it was quite funny to see pictures/videos of him hiding the drumsticks

I don't actually know. Haven't seen them post about it at all. I know they mentioned it in that interview in Chicago, but didn't really indicate if he's still doing it. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know when and in which circumstances Billie Joe said that quote : "If I look at my old lyrics, they seem to be full of rage, but empty. There was an emptiness in my life." ?

9 hours ago, SHART said:

Ive been looking for a multicam of Brutal Love - Im sure there used to be one on youtube......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gah!! ^^^ I wish they still did that song live. What a gorgeous vocal. I like the current set but there are no quieter moments like this one that really gives him a chance to show off his voice. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So, after not listenning to my teacher today in class because I was watching Green Day live on Facebook, my teacher gave me an homework to present in front of the class for next week. I need to show pictures of artworks made by an artist. I decided to show the work of Chris Bilheimer, the graphic designer behind GD albums' covers. If I understand well, he created most covers until the Trilogy, but I don't know if he is the author of the RevRad album cover. Is he the one who designed the radio on fire?

10 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

So, after not listenning to my teacher today in class because I was watching Green Day live on Facebook, my teacher gave me an homework to present in front of the class for next week. I need to show pictures of artworks made by an artist. I decided to show the work of Chris Bilheimer, the graphic designer behind GD albums' covers. If I understand well, he created most covers until the Trilogy, but I don't know if he is the author of the RevRad album cover. Is he the one who designed the radio on fire?

He did the trilogy but wasn't there for RevRad 

• Thanks 1

It popped up yesterday and has since been everywhere. Not sure who the originator is. @desertrose posted a full 19 minute version of some guy at PVHS roaming the halls and filming students but Billie just shows up in the 3 second bit. Somewhere it said it was early June 1989 so end of his junior year.

4 hours ago, Jean said:

Anyone know where this is from?

Desertrose just posted today a video someone made when he was in HS. The video is long and he is only in it for a few seconds. It is from there.

Does anyone know between which two songs on this tour does Billie Joe pull out the power hose and spray people in the crowd?

2 hours ago, DoodleBob said:

Does anyone know between which two songs on this tour does Billie Joe pull out the power hose and spray people in the crowd?

He only did it once at both shows I was at, I believe it was during 2000 LYA. 

14 hours ago, Todd said:

He only did it once at both shows I was at, I believe it was during 2000 LYA. 

Okay sweet thanks! I knew he only did it once, I just wasn't sure if it was between songs, or during one song! :)

Just now, DoodleBob said:

Okay sweet thanks! I knew he only did it once, I just wasn't sure if it was between songs, or during one song! :)

I realized after I posted that I totally misread your question :P That's what happens when I post at 6am

On 6.09.2017 at 5:06 AM, IcyMoffatt said:

The photo of the radio was taken by Nick Spanos, but I believe it's a Frank Maddocks design. 

• Thanks 1

Not related directly to the guys but does anyone know if there is a place to get old merch? Before RevRad there was tons of stuff in their store I was eyeing (specifically the girls gray sweatshirt) but ever since revrad, the store has been gutted :(

On 3/4/2014 at 12:49 AM, Liam said:

39 was the age one of Billie's brothers was turning on the day of the records release but I don't remember about the "Smooth" part.

mike wanted to name it smooth, but they decided to compromise  

On 4/5/2014 at 6:35 AM, Koal Koalson said:

I'm clueless for years now, and never dared to ask, but I want to know if anyone can answer me these questions:

(* = I know what the song is about, but now what the title means)

Why is the song called "Paper Lanterns"?

Is Pasalacqua a real place? If so, why pick Pasalacqua?

What does the title "One for the Razorbacks" mean?*

What does the title "Sassafras Roots" mean?*

What does the title "Emenius Sleepus" mean?*

What does the title "Armatage Shanks" mean?*

What does the title "Deadbeat Holiday" mean?

sassafras roots is the root needed to make root beer which was mikes favourite drink at the time of dookies recording

2 hours ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

mike wanted to name it smooth, but they decided to compromise  

Yeah and it was just a word they'd been saying a lot at the time I believe. The questions you're replying to were posted 3 years ago though just a heads up :P 

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread