Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Nicely done!

Just want to add that the toilet company is actually called Armitage Shanks (it's written on nearly all public toilets here, he must've been over in the UK when he saw it), he spelled it wrong.

He's not the strongest when it comes to spelling, is he? See also: Novocaine and Passalacqua.
  • Like 2

He's not the strongest when it comes to spelling, is he? See also: Novocaine and Passalacqua.

You'd think he would have someone check that stuff. :lol:

You'd think he would have someone check that stuff. :lol:

Exactly! I forgot about "Bab's Uvula Who?" as well. My favourite Green Day song and the grammar is wrong, it makes me cringe. Ugh.

Exactly! I forgot about "Bab's Uvula Who?" as well. My favourite Green Day song and the grammar is wrong, it makes me cringe. Ugh.

why was it called Bab's uvula who anyway?

why was it called Bab's uvula who anyway?

It's from a knock knock joke on an SNL sketch involving an uvula doctor. "Knock knock, who's there, Babs' uvula, Babs' uvula who?" No idea why they used it for the title of the song though. And obviously since the woman in question is called Babs it should be "Babs' Uvula Who?" rather than "Bab's Uvula Who?"

Didn't we just discuss all these songs like 2 months ago? GDC can be very repetitive

GDC is a big forum and not everyone sees everything. Hard to imagine, I know :P

It's from a knock knock joke on an SNL sketch involving an uvula doctor. "Knock knock, who's there, Babs' uvula, Babs' uvula who?" No idea why they used it for the title of the song though. And obviously since the woman in question is called Babs it should be "Babs' Uvula Who?" rather than "Bab's Uvula Who?"

GDC is a big forum and not everyone sees everything. Hard to imagine, I know :P

I know :P, but especially the Q&A thread, it's repeated every year. Like a cycle of the same questions

I know :P, but especially the Q&A thread, it's repeated every year. Like a cycle of the same questions

It's a metaphor for the cyclical nature of human history and the universe at large. GDC is a microcosm of existence.

• Like 3

It's a metaphor for the cyclical nature of human history and the universe at large. GDC is a microcosm of existence.

:lol: my english teacher would love that
  • Like 2

not everyone sees everything.

You do?

EDIT: WAIT OOPS I MESSED UP

• Like 1

Novacaine is a portmanteau, a metaphor for a high.

"Nova" - a star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state over a few months.

• Like 1

"Nova" - a star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state over a few months.

That is genius.

I dunno if Billie is that smart, but it's a good justification in hindsight. :happy:

• Like 2

I dunno if Billie is that smart, but it's a good justification in hindsight. :happy:

lol I know, we talked about this before in some other thread. I've decided that anytime there's a possibility a Green Day song is better than I'd thought, I'm believing it is. Novacaine is a portmanteau, East Jesus Nowhere is in the nonatonic blues scale, 21 Guns modulates to the major key in the main riff, and Billie did all of this on purpose.

lol I know, we talked about this before in some other thread. I've decided that anytime there's a possibility a Green Day song is better than I'd thought, I'm believing it is. Novacaine is a portmanteau, East Jesus Nowhere is in the nonatonic blues scale, 21 Guns modulates to the major key in the main riff, and Billie did all of this on purpose.

Unless it's all a massive coincidence and this is comparable with high school poetry analysis and finding meaning in things that the creator couldn't possibly have meant :P
  • Like 1

Unless it's all a massive coincidence and this is comparable with high school poetry analysis and finding meaning in things that the creator couldn't possibly have meant :P

Exactly what I was thinking of! :lol:

• Like 1

Just because it's not the author's interpretation doesn't mean it's not valid. :P Reader-response criticism FTW.

• Like 1

Just because it's not the author's interpretation doesn't mean it's not valid. :P Reader-response criticism FTW.

Death of the author is retarded, though. I'm just living in blissful ignorance until someone finally asks him about it.

• Like 1

Death of the author is retarded, though. I'm just living in blissful ignorance until someone finally asks him about it.

Yeah, I was just being contrary more than anything. :P I do favor multiple interpretations of one work being valid, though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was just being contrary more than anything. :P I do favor multiple interpretations of one work being valid, though.

I'm all in favour of multiple interpretations too (it's the best part of being a Manic Street Preachers fan!) but there's a difference between an interpretation and saying it's what the artist must have meant in the first instance.

I'm all in favour of multiple interpretations too (it's the best part of being a Manic Street Preachers fan!) but there's a difference between an interpretation and saying it's what the artist must have meant in the first instance.

I agree. Like I said, I was just being contrary. :P

• Like 1

What is The Boo's 7 inch EP (the family band, remember them?) actually called?

Like, what's the EP's record title? Is it just 'The Boo'? Thanks.

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic