Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

10 minutes ago, Mr. Quack said:

So is it confirmed whether its Billie or Mike doing backing vocals on RevRad?

The credits say 'Billie Joe Armstrong: Guitar, Vocals', and 'Mike Dirnt: Bass, Vocals' so the amount of Mike isn't specified and Billie might've done some too, but Mike definitely did some backing vocals. As far as I'm aware that's the case on every album, it would be kind of a big thing if he stopped doing them.

Edit: Also, welcome to GDC!

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The credits say 'Billie Joe Armstrong: Guitar, Vocals', and 'Mike Dirnt: Bass, Vocals' so the amount of Mike isn't specified and Billie might've done some too, but Mike definitely did some backing vocals. As far as I'm aware that's the case on every album, it would be kind of a big thing if he stopped doing them.

Edit: Also, welcome to GDC!

Hi, thanks for the welcome. The reason why I'm asking is because I mostly hear Billie's voice on the album. In some cases, it's certain and in some cases it sounds like Mike, but still could be Billie. Anyway...thanks for the reply :)

2 hours ago, Mr. Quack said:

Hi, thanks for the welcome. The reason why I'm asking is because I mostly hear Billie's voice on the album. In some cases, it's certain and in some cases it sounds like Mike, but still could be Billie. Anyway...thanks for the reply :)

Yeah it does seem like Mike's backing vocals have become harder to hear and maybe mixed in with some from Billie more often over the years. Can be hard to tell who it is when it might be Billie or mixed in with Billie plus just because you get so used to hearing their voices together that you can stop noticing whether it's two different ones or not. But I trust that if he's credited for vocals he must be in there!

• Like 2

Weird question, but does anyone know if Billie watches Stranger Things? I think he follows a couple of the actors on Insta. Just thought it'd be cool if he's into that show. We all know he's a total nerd when it comes to TV shows, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was a fan of Stranger Things too. Sorry, I just finished season 3 and it's all I can think about right now! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Weird question, but does anyone know if Billie watches Stranger Things? I think he follows a couple of the actors on Insta. Just thought it'd be cool if he's into that show. We all know he's a total nerd when it comes to TV shows, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was a fan of Stranger Things too. Sorry, I just finished season 3 and it's all I can think about right now! :lol:

I don't know if Billie follows the show, but Gaten Matarazzo is apparently a GD fan and came to a show during the RevRad tour.

72cc54e016f564cc561432c03910a4bd.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I don't know if Billie follows the show, but Gaten Matarazzo is apparently a GD fan and came to a show during the RevRad tour.

Ummmm, fuck yes!!!

So this is kinda a longshot question but whatever can anyone tell me the lyrics to Razor Baby? I've looked online but half of them just don't sound right

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder when is this photo from...Hobo Billie Joe at his finest minus the dreads

Isn’t it from last summer (2018)?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder when is this photo from...Hobo Billie Joe at his finest minus the dreads

Ugh! 😖

35 minutes ago, Jollyroger118 said:

Did Billie write every instrument for the Longshot?

He’s the only person credited bar Joey on drums, forget which song Joey did now, sure someone will tell us.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

He’s the only person credited bar Joey on drums, forget which song Joey did now, sure someone will tell us.

Happiness 

Does anyone know the address of the Oakland Coffee Shop owned by Mike and Billie? I'm in Oakland right now and I've been trying to find it but google is showing a lot of random coffee shops with no connection to them.

1 minute ago, Jrem said:

Does anyone know the address of the Oakland Coffee Shop owned by Mike and Billie? I'm in Oakland right now and I've been trying to find it but google is showing a lot of random coffee shops with no connection to them.

It's suppose to be 4081 Hollis St, Emeryville, CA 94608.
I'm going right here in August.

5 minutes ago, Jrem said:

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's suppose to be 4081 Hollis St, Emeryville, CA 94608.
I'm going right here in August.

No that's the restaurant that Mike part owns, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. I don't believe there is an Oakland Coffee shop, it's just a coffee company that sells online and out of other shops. There's a list of shops that sell the coffee on the Oakland Coffee website, I see it says you can buy it at Rudy's:

https://oaklandcoffee.com/where-to-buy/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

No that's the restaurant that Mike part owns, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. I don't believe there is an Oakland Coffee shop, it's just a coffee company that sells online and out of other shops. There's a list of shops that sell the coffee on the Oakland Coffee website, I see it says you can buy it at Rudy's

Well I guess I can only take a coffee at Rudy's? Or it's a restaurant like you need to eat absolutely?

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well I guess I can only take a coffee at Rudy's? Or it's a restaurant like you need to eat absolutely?

It's a cafe, probably worth visiting since it's part owned by Mike and has a couple of things named after Green Day on the menu and stuff, people usually include it on their "Green Day tours". I don't know whether you can just buy bags of the coffee to take home or if they serve it to drink there, maybe someone else does.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's a cafe, probably worth visiting since it's part owned by Mike and has a couple of things named after Green Day on the menu and stuff, people usually include it on their "Green Day tours". I don't know whether you can just buy bags of the coffee to take home or if they serve it to drink there, maybe someone else does.

Alright thanks for the tip!
Our 12 days trip in California will be cool but we're only one day in Oakland (this part of the trip is for me 😂) So I want to see as much stuff about Green Day as I can.

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Alright thanks for the tip!
Our 12 days trip in California will be cool but we're only one day in Oakland (this part of the trip is for me 😂) So I want to see as much stuff about Green Day as I can.

I've never been myself so I can't really tell you if it's worth visiting or if there's better places :P. There's lots of threads about different Green Day places to visit around though if you want more info