Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Going back to Catcher in the Rye, I was forced to read it in high school and didn't see what was so great about it. It was okay, but I honestly remember very little about the story just that I wasn't very into it. I agree that it's probably one of those books you have to find on your own to really appreciate it. Though I did read 1984 in high school and totally fell in love with that.

• Like 2

What was the Green Day best selling concert, Milton Keynes 2005 or Emirates Stadium 2013? Does anyone know for sure?

10 minutes ago, Alf said:

What was the Green Day best selling concert, Milton Keynes 2005 or Emirates Stadium 2013? Does anyone know for sure?

If you're talking strictly attendance, I'm going to say Milton Keynes because it was 2 nights (sold out both nights). If you're talking dollars, I don't know because ticket prices (generally speaking) change over time.

Via Wikipedia
Milton Keynes: 130,000+ (sold out) June 18–19, 2005 (venue capacity says its 65,000 currently, which is why I added the "+" sign after)

Via NME.com
Emirates: 60,000 (sold out), June 1, 2013

5 minutes ago, DadBod said:

If you're talking strictly attendance, I'm going to say Milton Keynes because it was 2 nights (sold out both nights). If you're talking dollars, I don't know because ticket prices (generally speaking) change over time.

Via Wikipedia
Milton Keynes: 130,000+ (sold out) June 18–19, 2005 (venue capacity says its 65,000 currently, which is why I added the "+" sign after)

Via NME.com
Emirates: 60,000 (sold out), June 1, 2013

Yeah, I was thinking just attendance. I know that Milton Keynes was supposed to have had 65.000 people each night, but despite Wikipedia, I didin't find any other evidence and I think I remember that it wasnt sold out, it was close, but not sold out... anyways, I'm probably wrong haha

14 minutes ago, Alf said:

Yeah, I was thinking just attendance. I know that Milton Keynes was supposed to have had 65.000 people each night, but despite Wikipedia, I didin't find any other evidence and I think I remember that it wasnt sold out, it was close, but not sold out... anyways, I'm probably wrong haha

This site has them listed as selling out both nights, which would equal 140,000 tickets

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/others2005/greendaymk/lineup.shtml

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Why specifically Emirates vs. Milton Keynes though? They also played Wembley in 2010 and I think there they had higher attendance than at Emirates Stadium. Also, they played several large stadiums in the US during the American Idiot tour (Giants Stadium, just to name one) also most likely exceeding 60'000, although not reaching 130'000. 

Btw, I think Wembley in 2010 was actually their single biggest show in terms of attendance. From what I read, they played in front of 90'000 people, which they haven't topped since then on a single show. 

I forgot Wembley was their biggest show! Pleases me since I was there. There's a brick in the ground outside the stadium that GDC members clubbed together to pay for, it commemorates Green Day playing there/GDC members being there. Particularly fitting knowing it's their biggest show to date.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

This is where my expertise comes in. Starts around 30:30 

I’ve actually never seen that clip haha, guess I was thoroughly warned though lmao. Even I wasn’t this goofy at 19 though, jesus christ :lol:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Why specifically Emirates vs. Milton Keynes though? They also played Wembley in 2010 and I think there they had higher attendance than at Emirates Stadium. Also, they played several large stadiums in the US during the American Idiot tour (Giants Stadium, just to name one) also most likely exceeding 60'000, although not reaching 130'000. 

Btw, I think Wembley in 2010 was actually their single biggest show in terms of attendance. From what I read, they played in front of 90'000 people, which they haven't topped since then on a single show. 

Just because I didn't remembered any other that could be that huge. Thanks, I will look further for information about Wembley 2010

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

This is where my expertise comes in. Starts around 30:30

I assume if Billie's belly is called Bellie, then he also has a Willie 🤔😂

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I assume if Billie's belly is called Bellie, then he also has a Willie 🤔😂

This Q & A topic is almost NSFW

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Best website to get green day tshirts and hoodies from?

Probably eBay. Lots of choice and you get bargains sometimes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Best website to get green day tshirts and hoodies from?

Ebay or Hot Topic - they often have t-shirt sales and you can get some good deals there. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know where the Marshall used on Dookie currently is? Every once in a while I'll read about a current band using it on their album, so I'm assuming it's either Rob Cavallo's amp or the studio's (which is now closed). Anyone have any info?

13 hours ago, BraedonHorbacio said:

Does anyone know where the Marshall used on Dookie currently is? Every once in a while I'll read about a current band using it on their album, so I'm assuming it's either Rob Cavallo's amp or the studio's (which is now closed). Anyone have any info?

Idk where it is now, but years ago I remember reading that it was Rob's amp and  that it was also used on rancid's "and out come the wolves". The "pete" amp that Billie has been using since 94 is just a copy of the one they had in the studio

Does anyone have sheet music for Homecoming that they'd be willing to share? Anything that has chords and melody works.

I love how we all say “Billie” as opposed to “Billy”, and we say “Bellie” instead of “Belly”.  Also, if I did not have the quotes, “Billy” would have been autocorrected to “Billie”.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

I love how we all say “Billie” as opposed to “Billy”, and we say “Bellie” instead of “Belly”.  Also, if I did not have the quotes, “Billy” would have been autocorrected to “Billie”.

Is there a question in here? 

We say “Billie” because that’s how his name is spelled...

and “Bellie” is a fan girl thread thing.

• Like 2