Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Yeah "Jaded in Chicago" was recorded at the Aragon Ballroom. I just wondered if there was a video of the incident with what Billie said and him burning the magazine without having to watch the whole show. Or if anyone knows when in the show it was.

38 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Yeah "Jaded in Chicago" was recorded at the Aragon Ballroom. I just wondered if there was a video of the incident with what Billie said and him burning the magazine without having to watch the whole show. Or if anyone knows when in the show it was.

It’s not in the show. It was cut from the MTV special. I don’t think there is a full video of the show other than the TV special.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s not in the show. It was cut from the MTV special. I don’t think there is a full video of the show other than the TV special.

I hope the uncensored & uncut master tape is released one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the color version of this (the pic, without GD/LYG written on it)?  I know I've seen the shot from the Kill the DJ video, where all of Billie is in the frame (and maybe Tre in the background?) but can't find it.

Green_Day_-_Let_Yourself_Go_cover.jpg

On 3/5/2019 at 10:20 PM, BUBBYBUB said:

Is Billies guitar still displayed in the rock and roll hall of fame 

The one used for American Idiot (recording and touring) was when I went in late 2017. The special induction exhibit was taken down after a year.

Here’s a thread with photos of everything:

9 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Agree, Homecoming being the weakest. Mine would probably be:

I'm curious to see everyone else's :happy:

This thread is for asking questions about Green Day and receiving answers from other members, so this chat doesn’t really fit here.

You can open a separate thread if you think there will be enough conversation generated around the topic. (We discourage “list threads” if they don’t include at least some conversation or explanation of your thoughts because they just get spammy, so just keep that in mind.)

@TracksAtChristieRoad @BrendanL @pouty bitch

On 3/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, Montclare said:

Does anyone have the color version of this (the pic, without GD/LYG written on it)?  I know I've seen the shot from the Kill the DJ video, where all of Billie is in the frame (and maybe Tre in the background?) but can't find it.

It doesn't show Billie in full but this is the only version I've ever seen.

tumblr_po001hC42s1qiqs5ro1_640.jpg

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

This thread is for asking questions about Green Day and receiving answers from other members, so this chat doesn’t really fit here.

You can open a separate thread if you think there will be enough conversation generated around the topic. (We discourage “list threads” if they don’t include at least some conversation or explanation of your thoughts because they just get spammy, so just keep that in mind.)

@TracksAtChristieRoad @BrendanL @pouty bitch

I've gone ahead and split the posts into their own thread:

So the discussion can carry on there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

It doesn't show Billie in full but this is the only version I've ever seen.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this question is on here or not, but I'm not about to scroll through 165 pages to find out.

I just realized that on my old phone, I had an app, I think it was the official Green Day app (this would have been sometime between the trilogy and rev rad). Anyway I have a new phone now and when I went on the Google play store to get the official Green Day app, I couldn't find it. What happened to that app?

Does anyone know the exact location of the "When I Come Around" video? I remember reading it was underground downtown LA... forget if it's still there.

40 minutes ago, BraedonHorbacio said:

Does anyone know the exact location of the "When I Come Around" video? I remember reading it was underground downtown LA... forget if it's still there.

According to Wikipedia, it was filmed in San Francisco and Berkeley.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:36 PM, The Blayr said:

I'm not sure if this question is on here or not, but I'm not about to scroll through 165 pages to find out.

I just realized that on my old phone, I had an app, I think it was the official Green Day app (this would have been sometime between the trilogy and rev rad). Anyway I have a new phone now and when I went on the Google play store to get the official Green Day app, I couldn't find it. What happened to that app?

Sorry I can't help - had no idea there was a gd app. What did it do?

As far as I recall (I’m not sure if we’d be refferring to the same app), but the one I know had pretty much similar info / sections as on the website at that time...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

There was an exclusive live Oh Love video on the app. The app may have been deleted, but we have the video saved. Other than that, there was nothing special on there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

As far as I recall (I’m not sure if we’d be refferring to the same app), but the one I know had pretty much similar info / sections as on the website at that time...

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I kinda forgot what the app did, I just remember seeing the covers for Uno Dos Tré. Probably was similar to the website. 

• Like 1

Is the account @gda on Instagram run by the same people who run this site? And who runs this site anyway?

5 minutes ago, The Blayr said:

Is the account @gda on Instagram run by the same people who run this site? And who runs this site anyway?

This site and its social media are run by Andres' Oompa Loompas.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Have we ever figured out the lyrics to the demo of Oh Love? I remember trying for ages to figure out what the heck he's saying and the most i got was

??? loved all my life
??? way tonight
?? waiting ??

Its bugged me for like 4+ years xD

On 3/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, solongfromthestars said:

re-enact the scene if you feel so inclined

As if anyone would do that 😝

• Haha 2

@solongfromthestars I don't have mine in a sharable place..... We tried to go back and re-do it, but a homeless lady was pretending to be on the phone..

We waiting 15 mins then left! Accepting our first attempts would have to do. 

#losers 

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'm really curious about this too. I get:

All along ???? my life
On my way tonight
????? tonight
Please don't go away tonight

Which I'm sure is wrong anyway... so if anyone has figured it out pls share.

Right? I don't even know who this loser is.

sorry I had to

If you think that's bad, I'm squealing that you got to do it 😂 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

@solongfromthestars I don't have mine in a sharable place..... We tried to go back and re-do it, but a homeless lady was pretending to be on the phone..

We waiting 15 mins then left! Accepting our first attempts would have to do. 

#losers 

Similar to me.  A homeless guy was sleeping in front of it when I went.

• Sad 2