Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Just now, squashie09 said:

It sounds like people beating on the seats or something. I don't think it was added later or apart of the show. The sound ends before he takes the guitar down and points out the guy.

Oh okay then. Still, it looks super funny in that exact moment lmao

20 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

@Billie Hoe I can't view the video you posted either, but here's a closeup view of the spitting moment if that's what you're looking for:

wow, how on earth did you find this?! thank you!

i really wish I could see his pissed off face too, that's what really gets me going :) 

• Like 2

Here, I made a couple gifs for those who want them:

0651a96d-b6ef-47f0-a682-4eea62716821-ori

6ad005b4-cb60-4a46-b3d1-2f78b4308c8b-ori

On 11/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, Jane Lannister said:

Whatever the reason, the sheer amount of spit was impressive. Only other creature capable of this would probably be a camel.

As a biology person, I feel like I have to add that the major contributor to the volume of a camel's "spit" is actually regurgitated stomach acid. That's how the camel is able to spit so much and so forcefully. That being said, I have no idea what Billie's excuse is. However he manages to make that much spit, it's impressive. :lol: He never stops amazing me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Here, I made a couple gifs for those who want them:

As a biology person, I feel like I have to add that the major contributor to the volume of a camel's "spit" is actually regurgitated stomach acid. That's how they the camel is able to spit so much and so forcefully. That being said, I have no idea what Billie's excuse is. However he manages to make that much spit, it's impressive. :lol: He never stops amazing me.

Awesome :D Wow, I mean RIGHT in his face. He waited for the perfect opportunity for the guy to be within spitting range. Look at this guy's reaction lol

My theory would be that his small body simply can't hold all the rage he is building up, so as a surviving tactic, the body turns the rage into liquid form so it can be sprayed at the foe. Similar to how it works in the animal kingdom, with squids or skunks... 🤔

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Awesome :D Wow, I mean RIGHT in his face. He waited for the perfect opportunity for the guy to be within spitting range. Look at this guy's reaction lol

My theory would be that his small body simply can't hold all the rage he is building up, so as a surviving tactic, the body turns the rage into liquid form so it can be sprayed at the foe. Similar to how it works in the animal kingdom, with squids or skunks... 🤔

Skunks use a different hole

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Probably an ignorant question, but has Mike ever sang in any songs? And if so, which ones?

You mean lead vocals? Because he does backing vocals for most Green Day songs. If you want Mike's lead vocals, he sings "Ha Ha, You're Dead" and "Governator", most of the Network songs, and then parts of "Outsider", "American Eulogy", and "Sex, Drugs & Violence". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Todd said:

he sings "Ha Ha, You're Dead" 

Does Mike seriously sing this??? I always thought it was just written by him and it was Billie singing in a weird "soccer chant" style :lol:

Edit: Listening to it and I still feel sure it's Billie....but I don't know if it's just because it's already ingrained into my head over many years that it's him. Is it like, confirmed somewhere, or does everyone just already know and agree that it's Mike except me?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Does Mike seriously sing this??? I always thought it was just written by him and it was Billie singing in a weird "soccer chant" style :lol:

I thought so too. What parts of American Eulogy and Sex, Drugs & Violence does Mike sing? It sounds like it's all Billie to me.

18 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I thought so too. What parts of American Eulogy and Sex, Drugs & Violence does Mike sing? It sounds like it's all Billie to me.

It can be hard to tell when it's Mike because you're used to hearing his backing vocals alongside Billie's in almost every song and their voices complement each other. To the point that many people don't realise he sings much at all and just think that's how Billie singing harmonies with himself sounds. But I don't know if I accept it's him singing lead on Ha Ha You're Dead without further confirmation :P

In American Eulogy Mike sings the last two verses on his own:

I'm the class of thirteen
In the era of dissent
A hostage of the soul
On a strike to pay the rent
The last of the rebels
Without a common ground
I'm gonna light a fire
Into the underground

and 

I want to take a ride to the great divide
Beyond the "up to date"
And the neo-gentrified
The high definition for the low resident
Where the value of your mind
Is not held in contempt
I can hear the sound of
A beating heart
That bleeds beyond a system
That's falling apart
With money to burn
On minimum wage
Well I don't give a shit
About the modern age

In Sex Drugs and Violence he sings the single line "Well I don't wanna be an imbecile but Jesus made me that way" on his own. 

Oh and to add to Todd's list he also sings lead on the Nobody Likes You part of Homecoming (which he also wrote).

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It can be hard to tell when it's Mike because you're used to hearing his backing vocals alongside Billie's in almost every song and their voices complement each other. To the point that many people don't realise he sings much at all and just think that's how Billie singing harmonies with himself sounds. But I don't know if I accept it's him singing lead on Ha Ha You're Dead without further confirmation :P 

In American Eulogy Mike sings the last two verses on his own:

I'm the class of thirteen
In the era of dissent
A hostage of the soul
On a strike to pay the rent
The last of the rebels
Without a common ground
I'm gonna light a fire
Into the underground

and 

I want to take a ride to the great divide
Beyond the "up to date"
And the neo-gentrified
The high definition for the low resident
Where the value of your mind
Is not held in contempt
I can hear the sound of
A beating heart
That bleeds beyond a system
That's falling apart
With money to burn
On minimum wage
Well I don't give a shit
About the modern age

In Sex Drugs and Violence he sings the single line "Well I don't wanna be an imbecile but Jesus made me that way" on his own. 

Oh and to add to Todd's list he also sings lead on the Nobody Likes You part of Homecoming (which he also wrote).

Oh. Duh! Wow, I had a total brain fart just then. Now I absolutely remember his parts in those songs and can even hear his voice if I think about them. :lol: I'm dumb.

But yeah. Still not convinced about Ha Ha You're Dead.

Does anyone have any evidence of Billie climbing the stage scaffolding in the leopard thong? Someone mentioned it happened at some festival (a questionable source though) and it's missing in my thong antics collection.

44 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Does anyone have any evidence of Billie climbing the stage scaffolding in the leopard thong? Someone mentioned it happened at some festival (a questionable source though) and it's missing in my thong antics collection.

I'm sure I've seen all filmed thong antics and I haven't seen that. It rings a bell though. I think maybe it was reported on as happening at a show that wasn't filmed and I read it in a book or article. 

• Sad 1

It turned my world upside down to think that was Mike after believing it was Billie for so long :lol:. Good to know it isn't.

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

Edit: Listening to it and I still feel sure it's Billie....but I don't know if it's just because it's already ingrained into my head over many years that it's him. Is it like, confirmed somewhere, or does everyone just already know and agree that it's Mike except me?

Shit, I was totally wrong about that, thanks for catching it. The chorus has Mike’s vocals pretty high in the mix, and that’s all I thought about when I made that post. But the verses are definitely Billie. 

53 minutes ago, Todd said:

Shit, I was totally wrong about that, thanks for catching it. The chorus has Mike’s vocals pretty high in the mix, and that’s all I thought about when I made that post. But the verses are definitely Billie. 

It's ok I was just surprised haha. You're right about Mike's vocals being high in the mix in the chorus, can hear him pretty clearly there.

44 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's ok I was just surprised haha. You're right about Mike's vocals being high in the mix in the chorus, can hear him pretty clearly there.

It’s Mike’s tone that gives the chorus that chant feel. I love Mike’s voice, I wish he got a solo every album. 

• Like 1

Is any of the 21st Century Breakdown album art that was accessible in Oakland still there? I know the Gloria door was beside Studio 880, but the building it was on has been demolished now so it's gone. Obviously some of it we could never see because it was inside. Some of it looked like it might have been elsewhere in the city though, like this:

3727631323_51600aa4be_o.png

• Like 1