Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

@MillenniumFan Thanks so much for your input! It sounds like the 180 2009 version is the way to go! Since I'm trying to save money I won't be getting it now, but it's good for a future purchase :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This looks like a new item. Does anyone know if it is a new official design? I just wonder if it is a hint to their next direction.  It’s pretty cool. Or do they have nothing to do with their merch?

https://www.hottopic.com/product/green-day-hypnotized-kids-tv-t-shirt/11537803.html

Your link doesn't work. But I found the item you're talking about: 
11537803_hi?$pdp_hero_zoom$

Hot Topic pretends to sell official merchandise from GD, but the store always has t-shirts from the band different from the real official merchandise. It certainly sells regular stuff from the band, but Hot Topic also sells stuff we don't see anywhere else. I think it has the rights to sell merchandise that has been created for specificaly for the store and then add the name GD to it after the design has been approved by someone from the band's team. Clearly, this t-shirt was inspired by Back In The USA. So, I think it was created for Hot Topic only and it is just a product that was approved by GD team. I can't find it anywhere else. Yet, I could be all wrong with my analysis.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's one of the short Idiot Club videos from American Idiot times that you could only see if you were a member (long gone from there now though). They used to all be on youtube but I think they're gone from there as well, not sure where they can be found now =/

Edit: I just looked and there are a few of the short Idiot Club videos on youtube (if you search green day idiot club videos). I can't find that one, but I remember it was very short anyway, that might be the whole thing or if not it's almost the whole thing. I don't think any of them were more than about 5 minutes and many were a minute or under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

It's one of the short Idiot Club videos from American Idiot times that you could only see if you were a member (long gone from there now though). They used to all be on youtube but I think they're gone from there as well, not sure where they can be found now =/

Edit: I just looked and there are a few of the short Idiot Club videos on youtube (if you search green day idiot club videos). I can't find that one, but I remember it was very short anyway, that might be the whole thing or if not it's almost the whole thing. I don't think any of them were more than about 5 minutes and many were a minute or under.

We have a lot (if not all) of those clips in the downloads section, someone was clever enough to download them back then and just re-surfaced them this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Todd said:

We have a lot (if not all) of those clips in the downloads section, someone was clever enough to download them back then and just re-surfaced them this year. 

Now you've said that I think I actually have them downloaded from there on my computer at home :lol:, I forgot about it.

• Like 1

This guy is referring to an incompleted Green Day animated movie project and an unreleased album that went with it? Anyone know anything about that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This guy is referring to an incompleted Green Day animated movie project and an unreleased album that went with it? Anyone know anything about that?

Could he be referring to the horror movie thing they mentioned in this interview? Or could it be something entirely different?🤔

Wouldn't you just love to have a list of all their weird and crazy ideas which have fallen by the wayside over the years, given all the things we know about them being involved in!  An animated Green Day horror movie sounds amazing! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 2:57 PM, jengd said:

Wouldn't you just love to have a list of all their weird and crazy ideas which have fallen by the wayside over the years, given all the things we know about them being involved in!  An animated Green Day horror movie sounds amazing! 😂😂😂😂

I'd love that...closest they got was Live Freaky Die Freaky :lol:

7 minutes ago, T@l said:

Did Billie have any boyfriends in the past?

Tre, obviously :P

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, T@l said:

Did Billie have any boyfriends in the past?

In his interview with the Advocate in 1995 where he discussed his sexuality he mentioned rather vaguely that he'd "never really had a relationship with another man". That's the most he's said but sounds like probably not any official "boyfriends" according to that.

And there were people arguing that tumblr isn't worse than GDC :PLet's not bring tumblr gossip here please

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

And there were people arguing that tumblr isn't worse than GDC :PLet's not bring tumblr gossip here please

Tumblr is a hellsite, but that doesn't mean GDC isn't a horrible place as well :P

The worst aspect of the entire thing is that the bad hygiene part of the whole story seems the most believable:sick:

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Tumblr is a hellsite, but that doesn't mean GDC isn't a horrible place as well :P

The worst aspect of the entire thing is that the bad hygiene part of the whole story seems the most believable:sick:

Yeah but like I said can you not talk about it on GDC, we don't do gossip about the band member's personal lives here so I don't want a discussion about it to start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah but like I said can you not talk about it on GDC, we don't do gossip about the band member's personal lives here so I don't want a discussion about it to start.

I honestly don't see how is this problematic, partly because it's a joke, but mainly because users are routinely allowed to discuss his alleged cheating or post a link to an article with his address (which has been shared here several times). 

Moreover, he's even mentioned himself that he went a month withought showering so we can scientifically conclude his hygiene doomed him to being straight.

10 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I honestly don't see how is this problematic, partly because it's a joke, but mainly because users are routinely allowed to discuss his alleged cheating or post a link to an article with his address (which has been shared here several times). 

Moreover, he's even mentioned himself that he went a month withought showering so we can scientifically conclude his hygiene doomed him to being straight.

gay people can have bad hygiene too. it's called equality, don't know if you've heard of it

18 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

gay people can have bad hygiene too. it's called equality, don't know if you've heard of it

Well, I don't have to wipe my ass, but it's a preference I happen to have.

57 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

No that isn't allowed, whenever there's been discussion of his alleged cheating I've stopped it. And wasn't his address removed from the article? I wasn't the one to deal with it but as far as I was aware a link was going to be removed by us but then wasn't because the address was found to no longer be there. If there's currently a link to his address posted here please report the post and I'll remove it.

So yeah anyway we don't allow gossip/speculation about the band member's sex lives or private lives, it isn't something to argue about. It was just one jokey comment about it but as I said I wanted to prevent a whole discussion starting when other people click on the thread and see it. So can everyone stop this now please (and that includes sending silly reports @Billie Hoe).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

No that isn't allowed, whenever there's been discussion of his alleged cheating I've stopped it. And wasn't his address removed from the article? I wasn't the one to deal with it but as far as I was aware a link was going to be removed by us but then wasn't because the address was found to no longer be there. If there's currently a link to his address posted here please report the post and I'll remove it.

So yeah anyway we don't allow gossip/speculation about the band member's sex lives or private lives, it isn't something to argue about. It was just one jokey comment about it but as I said I wanted to prevent a whole discussion starting when other people click on the thread and see it. So can everyone stop this now please (and that includes sending silly reports @Billie Hoe).

Sure :dry: I'm not going to report the post because it's not that recent anyway. I searched and the address is still there but the article mentions the house was going to be sold, so I guess it can't cause any harm now.

However, I think this illustrates my point perfectly. A random, not even 1% serious comment about a dirty ass is a big deal while literally anything else isn't. I promise I'll refrain from making ass jokes, will focus on high quality posting from now on.

32 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Sure :dry: I'm not going to report the post because it's not that recent anyway. I searched and the address is still there but the article mentions the house was going to be sold, so I guess it can't cause any harm now.

However, I think this illustrates my point perfectly. A random, not even 1% serious comment about a dirty ass is a big deal while literally anything else isn't. I promise I'll refrain from making ass jokes, will focus on high quality posting from now on.

"Literally anything else" ok. If you'd reported the post at the time it would've been dealt with, and the only other example you gave was something else that irritates me greatly any time I see it and that I always try to stop.

If it was just a random joke about Billie's arse it probably wouldn't have been an issue, the issue was that it's based on actual gossip and speculation about his sex life that's going on on tumblr that I didn't wish to see also going on here if others decided to join in following on from your post. Not speculating about the band member's private lives is a pretty concrete GDC rule that has never not applied as far as I'm aware, if that was unclear allow me to make it clear now. If you want to discuss this any further please PM me. Moving on...