Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Who were the guys that were with Green Day back in the day? besides Tre and Al.

Sean Hughes

EC Dave

and....I know I'm forgetting like one more.

Sean Hughes played with them from 86-87 on bass. One day he had to go somewhere during practice, so Mike took over bass while he was gone, and Mike was pretty good at it, so Sean let him be bassist and he resigned. I have a few pictures of Sean on my ipod that I can upload later if you want

Raj Punjabi played drums with them that time too. back then that's when they played metal songs, before the band was Sweet Children, they went through a bunch of names like Condom, Truant, Blood Rage and Desecrated Youth. It's not like they were a real band, they weren't putting on shows in 86, and only a few in 87, but they'd all hang out as friends and jam and shit.

Dave E.C. Henwood was a temporary drummer after John, probably not for more than a month. He contributed to the writing of 2000 Light Years Away. He also played in Filth, the Vagrants, and the Wynona Riders (and according to wikipedia he's "curantly the drummer for JACK KILLED JILL, he also has a super hot girlfriend Ingrid Johansen that is also his drum tech." Wonder how long until someone edits that out :P)

And that's it :)

Here's a cool article that mentions Raj and what he's doing today http://www.qvpr.com/articles/if-shew-fits

Who knows why Bill Schneider stopped working with the band?? the only thing I found is from wikipedia:

Schneider ceased working with Green Day abruptly in September of 2012. At the time Billie Joe Armstrong was deeply involved in drug abuse and had been recently rushed to hospital in Italy as a result of an undisclosed illness.

who knows what happened??

Wikipedia makes it sound like he left because of Billie's addiction. Not that Wikipedia was ever a reliable source, if I've learned anything from school.

Does anyone know who was the guitarist that replaced Jeff in Brisbane and Sydney?

Does anyone know who was the guitarist that replaced Jeff in Brisbane and Sydney?

greg Schneider
  • Like 1

Yeah, that annoyed me. The way they put it, it manipulates people into thinking that. It could be the case, but they have no idea. That might be how you write gossip articles, but that's absolutely no indication of a reliable article. They could have said just as well that Bill Schneider left after Green Day's European tour ended in early September 2012.

Wikipedia makes it sound like he left because of Billie's addiction. Not that Wikipedia was ever a reliable source, if I've learned anything from school.

Edited by Itsmenic

I don't think anybody here really knows why Bill Schneider left (unless they possess insider information), maybe he had intended it all along because he had other plans. We don't know whether it had anthing to do with Billie's state at the time (as is implied in the article you quoted), it might have been a coincidence for all I know. I remember it was said at the time that they were still on friendly terms.

ok thanks :)

I recently purchased Dos on Vinyl and it has Drama Queen where Stray heart should be. I am aware that this is because of a last minute switch of stray heart to Dos and Drama Queen to Tre. My question is, do all Tre Vinyl versions have Stray Heart on them? I don't want to buy Tre and have another Drama Queen and no Stray Heart.

I recently purchased Dos on Vinyl and it has Drama Queen where Stray heart should be. I am aware that this is because of a last minute switch of stray heart to Dos and Drama Queen to Tre. My question is, do all Tre Vinyl versions have Stray Heart on them? I don't want to buy Tre and have another Drama Queen and no Stray Heart.

All "Tré" records (CDs and vinyls) also have "Drama Queen" on them. There is no vinyl with "Stray Heart" on it (it's a shame imo. Would have made a nice 7'')

EDIT

proof:

CS473421-01B-BIG.jpg

CS476440-01B-BIG.jpg

• Like 1

All "Tré" records (CDs and vinyls) also have "Drama Queen" on them. There is no vinyl with "Stray Heart" on it (it's a shame imo. Would have made a nice 7'')

EDIT

proof:

CS473421-01B-BIG.jpg

CS476440-01B-BIG.jpg

Dammit. Was hoping that wasn't the case. Thanks for the quick reply though :)

Wait, that's only the first pressing of Dos though. Don't the newer pressings have Stray Heart? Or at least future ones will?

And why did Greg replace Jeff the last few shows?

Wait, that's only the first pressing of Dos though. Don't the newer pressings have Stray Heart? Or at least future ones will?

MAYBE there will be future releases of the albums, but all the pressings that were released (the US, the EU and the colored HotTopic versions), have "Drama Queen" on "Dos" AND "Tré".

And why did Greg replace Jeff the last few shows?

Jeff had surgery on his thumb and couldn't play

On Holiday, does Billie say "The company lost the war AGAIN" or "TODAY". He sort of mixes it to sound like "TODIN"

On Holiday, does Billie say "The company lost the war AGAIN" or "TODAY". He sort of mixes it to sound like "TODIN"

In the booklet it says "Today" and - as I am listening to the vocal track - I have to admit that he sings it more like "TODIN", but he does that a lot (singing unclear) :P

In the booklet it says "Today" and - as I am listening to the vocal track - I have to admit that he sings it more like "TODIN", but he does that a lot (singing unclear) :P

It's almost like he switched mid-word lol

• Like 1

Lol, I always had the same question

I've always said/thought 'today'.

But on Bullet in a Bible he says 'on holitraaaaaay' at the end of the first chorus, so his pronunciation isn't great :lol:

Around what time did Mike have his wrist surgery?

Pretty close after Warning was released.

BTW: I got this information by Googling it. Just so you know. You don't need to rely on us.

BTW: I got this information by Googling it. Just so you know. You don't need to rely on us.

What?

• Like 1

What?

BTW: I GOT THIS INFORMATION BY GOOGLING IT. JUST SO YOU KNOW. YOU DON'T NEED TO RELY ON US.

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic