Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

I remembered hearing another 21st century breakdown version with different lyrics too. Someone has it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I remembered hearing another 21st century breakdown version with different lyrics too. Someone has it?

It was the demo. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Does anyone remember that surfing show with rock stars that was supposed to happen earlier this year? I know Billie was supposed to be on it. Is that still going on or was it ever real in the first place? I looked it up and it seems to have disappeared. Honestly, I completely forgot about it and it just crossed my mind out of absolutely nowhere a couple minutes ago

The Irving Plaza 2004 proshot footage looks like it comes from a TV airing since a TV PG L logo appears in the upper left corner of the screen. Does anybody know what channel it aired on?

16 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

It was the demo. 

I used listentoyoutube to download an early demo, but it got some lengthy piano at the beginning and I've never been able to identify it.   Might try and shazam it later, but I think I have tried that already.  Or was there a version with a longer piano intro? 

1 hour ago, deadair said:

The Irving Plaza 2004 proshot footage looks like it comes from a TV airing since a TV PG L logo appears in the upper left corner of the screen. Does anybody know what channel it aired on?

It aired on Fuse, although IFC aired JoS separately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jollyroger said:

What's the story behind second time around? It's really cool

Green Day used to record demos onto an answering machine and post them on Greenday.com between 2001-2004. this was one of them. Wish I had more info on it too. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Todd said:

Green Day used to record demos onto an answering machine and post them on Greenday.com between 2001-2004. this was one of them. Wish I had more info on it too. 

It doesn't even sound like them, certainly not in 2002.  Is it an earlier version of WICA?

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It doesn't even sound like them, certainly not in 2002.  Is it an earlier version of WICA?

Not an early version, no. Doesn’t have to be Green Day either. Who knows, could be their sound guy singing, or even Tre’s cousin. There’s no telling what this is. But they’re the ones who posted it. 

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it soinde like them. And I don't think it's an earlier version for some reason I think it's almost like a remix but I've become obsessed with it. It's just such a cool idea

I asked this in the Fangirls thread, but I thought I'd pose it as a general GD question too. Maybe @Todd or @Yosuke Hanamura might know the answer? It seems to be a no from what I'm hearing, but was there ever pro-shot footage of the 2016 House of Blues show? There's some great pictures from it, but the only videos I can find are shitty phone recordings. I would have loved to see that show.

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I asked this in the Fangirls thread, but I thought I'd pose it as a general GD question too. Maybe @Todd or @Yosuke Hanamura might know the answer? It seems to be a no from what I'm hearing, but was there ever pro-shot footage of the 2016 House of Blues show? There's some great pictures from it, but the only videos I can find are shitty phone recordings. I would have loved to see that show.

Green Day’s team probably recorded it themselves for archival purposes, but I was at that concert myself, and I can certainly confirm that no Pro-Shot footage was ever released to the public. Closest thing I saw was a still camera pointing at the stage, and being shown on TV screens throughout the venue.

There might’ve been plans though? See, I saw this small car circling around the venue while we were waiting in line to get in, and there was a woman in the back seat filming us. I believe they were working for a Boston FM station. Never saw anything come out of that though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We might get the House Of Blues show years from now. It’s the type of special material they could release when they’re 80 and it’d still be cool.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Todd said:

Just to clarify, @Green Day In Seattle said “2016 House of Blues”, and @Yosuke Hanamura is referring to the 2016 House of Blues Boston show. But I believe Green Day In Seattle meant the 2015 House of Blues show in Cleveland. 

Honestly I don't know which show I was talking about. I forgot there were two shows. Probably remembering the Cleveland one, though. But the video I have is from the Boston show. I want footage of both. Why are they like this? Why do they hoard these films and keep them from us? :(

On 5/6/2020 at 9:25 PM, Miko said:

I don't know about Minority (since I hate that song) but I know Jason messed up  in J.A.R solo and Holiday's intro during pre-rehab Trilogy Era. Otherwise I haven't seen him fucking up any notes, dude is great guitarist

Okay really fucking late reply here. It wasn't them, it might've been Waiting. And yeah he definitely is an amazing guitarist, not dismissing that at all!

• 4 weeks later...

Has Tre ever attended big events by himself? I'm pretty dang sure that I just spotted him in the audience for the VMA's 2003.

ee2f23141828fdf0cd172b510a31848e.png

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Honestly I don't know which show I was talking about. I forgot there were two shows. Probably remembering the Cleveland one, though. But the video I have is from the Boston show. I want footage of both. Why are they like this? Why do they hoard these films and keep them from us? :(

Yeah, I think you are talking about 2015 in Cleveland. It was after the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame induction and I posted a bunch of photos from it in the fangirls thread becuase Billie looked hella yummy LOL and I remember you asking about the Pro-Shot footage. I have never seen any video of that performance, only still photos. I wish there was video too. 😥

1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Has Tre ever attended big events by himself? I'm pretty dang sure that I just spotted him in the audience for the VMA's 2003.

ee2f23141828fdf0cd172b510a31848e.png

Looks like he’s got his girlfriend or wife sitting next to him behind Method Man. It would be kinda strange if he was just totally by himself

32 minutes ago, Todd said:

Looks like he’s got his girlfriend or wife sitting next to him behind Method Man. It would be kinda strange if he was just totally by himself

That’s true. I’m just wondering what he’s there for. He didn’t introduce or award anybody that night.

Could someone please message me with an OLD image of Mike Dirnt sitting at a piano wearing a suit with Tre Cool standing next to him wearing a suit also?

It could be a picture, gif or even in a bootlegged video. 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone identify which interview this picture is from? I can't quite make out what the microphone says apart from "TOP."

B4zcRfY.png