Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

What kind of music does "Meet me on the roof" sound like?  

If you had to pick a song or artist that it most sounded like, what would you pick?  

Same question for "Teenage Teenager Teenaging Teenagia"    What song does it most sound like?   

Does is sound like a certain decade, genre, etc??? 

What 21 Pilots song does "Junkies" sound like?   No offense if you like them, but I want to listen to as little as possible to find out.   haha.  

Oh, and same thing for "Take the Money and Crawl" and "Graffitia".  

Thanks!  

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Is there any other known recording from this show?

I think that was the only song unfortunately! I think there’s another clip of Rusty James on @Jack‘s channel, but that’s all. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

In the chorus to Graffitia, are the lyrics "long lost hope" or "long lost love?" 

Long lost love. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When was the first time Billie started to scream ''JUST SMASH THE SILENCE WITH THE BRICK OF SELF-CONTROL'' before second chorus in ''She''? It's probably during 21CB Tour, but what show?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Miko said:

When was the first time Billie started to scream ''JUST SMASH THE SILENCE WITH THE BRICK OF SELF-CONTROL'' before second chorus in ''She''? It's probably during 21CB Tour, but what show?

I dont know, but I love that part. When I’m driving (by myself) and She comes on, I scream that part. 

Hi, I’m new when it comes to posting so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Is there anywhere I could find a full list of all the interviews they have done for FOAMF? I think I’ve watched most of the ones back in 2019 but have struggled to keep up with the more recent ones.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daughter of Rage & Love said:

Hi, I’m new when it comes to posting so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Is there anywhere I could find a full list of all the interviews they have done for FOAMF? I think I’ve watched most of the ones back in 2019 but have struggled to keep up with the more recent ones.

There's a couple of round-ups on the GDA (Green Day Authority) homepage if that helps

http://www.greendayauthority.com/

46 minutes ago, Daughter of Rage & Love said:

I will try to get all of the interviews up in the download section this week :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was a (relatively) recent show where GD played Armtage Shanks and another song for the first time in like 20+ years. What show was that? If forgot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

There was a (relatively) recent show where GD played Armtage Shanks and another song for the first time in like 20+ years. What show was that? If forgot.

Only song and show that comes to my mind is that show in Madrid, Spain last Halloween where they played Dookie from start to finish and also played I Was There before the encore. I Was There is really rare song being only played once during 21CB and Revolution Radio Tour, ditched from both AI and Trilogy Tours and being special song in House of Blues 2015 show.

4 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Leeds 2017? That was the first RevRad show where they played Armatage Shanks. They played it again in Chula Vista. The last performance was in Buenos Aires.

• Like 1

Is there an edited version coming?  

Completionist here, got have those clean versions.

You can take a walk or you can bang a sock, take the money and crawl! 

Never ever ever ever sock the prom queen!

Drinking whiskey by the river doing helpful things.

36 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Is there an edited version coming?  

Completionist here, got have those clean versions.

You can take a walk or you can bang a sock, take the money and crawl! 

Never ever ever ever sock the prom queen!

Drinking whiskey by the river doing helpful things.

You can probably find the edited version at Walmart

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

You can probably find the edited version at Walmart

Finding music at Walmart.  Hahaha hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaahahahhaaaaahhha.

Haha

Haha

Haha

Haha

Haha

Finding physical media within 1000 miles of my house.  :(

I think I have seen some edited American Idiots, which is weird because they fought that when it came out. 

International Superhits and that's it for Walmart.  And you have to find it in the junk bin in a dark alley somewhere in the store, lol.

56 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Finding music at Walmart.  Hahaha hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaahahahhaaaaahhha.

Haha

Haha

Haha

Haha

Haha

Finding physical media within 1000 miles of my house.  :(

I think I have seen some edited American Idiots, which is weird because they fought that when it came out. 

International Superhits and that's it for Walmart.  And you have to find it in the junk bin in a dark alley somewhere in the store, lol.

Weird. I know they had Gods Favorite Band. I found out the hard way that the CD copy that was gifted to me was from Walmart 😤 I appreciate the gesture but I need to find a nice way to say please don't get my CDs from Walmart!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Leeds 2017? That was the first RevRad show where they played Armatage Shanks. They played it again in Chula Vista. The last performance was in Buenos Aires.

20 hours ago, Miko said:

Only song and show that comes to my mind is that show in Madrid, Spain last Halloween where they played Dookie from start to finish and also played I Was There before the encore. I Was There is really rare song being only played once during 21CB and Revolution Radio Tour, ditched from both AI and Trilogy Tours and being special song in House of Blues 2015 show.

Oh wait, I was thinking of Private Ale. Don't know why Armtage Shanks came to mind. Though, I'd love to see that too. I found the footage I was thinking of with Private Ale. it's from the iHeardRadio show in 2016.

Is there reasonably good quality footage of Armtage Shanks and I Was There at any of those shows you guys mentioned?

On 3/3/2020 at 2:08 AM, Daughter of Rage & Love said:

We have an "interview" tag here in Green Day Chat that the thread for each new interview is tagged with. If you scroll down and find one and click on the tag it'll bring all up the threads for interviews (usually with the interview included in the OP). Sort by date and that should give you a good list of all the recent ones. 

• Like 1