Bang Bang Cover by Seven Year Old

Linc

My dad helped me with this.  My name is Lincoln.  I am seven years old.  I started playing guitar in March.  Here is a video of me playing and singing Bang Bang by Green Day.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linc, that was one of the best covers I have ever heard!!!  You've only been playing since March?  I've been playing alot longer and you are a much better player than me.  Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see more videos from you!

5 hours ago, Linc said:

My dad helped me with this.  My name is Lincoln.  I am seven years old.  I started playing guitar in March.  Here is a video of me playing and singing Bang Bang by Green Day.

Wow!! Rock on, little dude!!

This made my entire year. All of sudden 2016 feels like a good year. Keep up the amazing work, this sounds great! :)

This is Lincoln's Dad.  He's very happy with all the comments posted.  We just drove from Boston to Upstate NY for Christmas and I was reading him the comments while we drove.

He really is only seven.  His birthday was at the end of August.  He asked for a guitar for Christmas last year and we got him a crappy acoustic guitar.  He never played with it and told me he wanted an electric, so at the end of February, I bought him a Square Mini Strat.  It took us a few weeks after that to find somebody willing to teach him because nobody seems to want to teach a (then) six year old.  We finally found somebody willing and started taking weekly lessons for 30 minutes because we didn't know if he could focus for longer.  The first couple of weeks were brutal.  We had to beg him to practice for even 15 minutes.  Once he learned his first song, Highway to Hell, he was hooked.  We never had to ask him to practice again.  He was playing his guitar at least two hours a day or more.  During the summer while his sisters and friends were all in the pool, he was inside playing guitar, probably playing over four hours a day during the summer.  Now that school is back in session, he usually has a guitar in his hand from around 7am until the bus comes at 8:15 and as soon as he's home, he's back at it.  He plays full size electric guitars now, but his acoustic is a smaller size.

He begged me to make him a YouTube channel a few months ago.  He has a few videos on there.  We don't spend a lot of time on the videos, as most of them just happen if I walk in and he's practicing.  He is usually singing while practicing.  There's also a video of American Idiot on his channel, but he messes up the solo a bit.  I didn't even know he could play it when we made that one.  I think he just learned it the day before.  He knows quite a few Green Day songs and will get to see them in March.  A couple of his other favorite bands are Descendents (who he has seen twice) and Blink-182 (who he saw on his birthday in August).  The song "She's My Ex" by All, he can play Guitar, Bass and Drums.  I've been saying since August we will do a video with him playing all the parts, but it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe soon...

Anyway, sorry for the long post and thanks for watching his video.  He's really happy.

18 minutes ago, Linc said:

This is Lincoln's Dad.  He's very happy with all the comments posted.  We just drove from Boston to Upstate NY for Christmas and I was reading him the comments while we drove.

He really is only seven.  His birthday was at the end of August.  He asked for a guitar for Christmas last year and we got him a crappy acoustic guitar.  He never played with it and told me he wanted an electric, so at the end of February, I bought him a Square Mini Strat.  It took us a few weeks after that to find somebody willing to teach him because nobody seems to want to teach a (then) six year old.  We finally found somebody willing and started taking weekly lessons for 30 minutes because we didn't know if he could focus for longer.  The first couple of weeks were brutal.  We had to beg him to practice for even 15 minutes.  Once he learned his first song, Highway to Hell, he was hooked.  We never had to ask him to practice again.  He was playing his guitar at least two hours a day or more.  During the summer while his sisters and friends were all in the pool, he was inside playing guitar, probably playing over four hours a day during the summer.  Now that school is back in session, he usually has a guitar in his hand from around 7am until the bus comes at 8:15 and as soon as he's home, he's back at it.  He plays full size electric guitars now, but his acoustic is a smaller size.

He begged me to make him a YouTube channel a few months ago.  He has a few videos on there.  We don't spend a lot of time on the videos, as most of them just happen if I walk in and he's practicing.  He is usually singing while practicing.  There's also a video of American Idiot on his channel, but he messes up the solo a bit.  I didn't even know he could play it when we made that one.  I think he just learned it the day before.  He knows quite a few Green Day songs and will get to see them in March.  A couple of his other favorite bands are Descendents (who he has seen twice) and Blink-182 (who he saw on his birthday in August).  The song "She's My Ex" by All, he can play Guitar, Bass and Drums.  I've been saying since August we will do a video with him playing all the parts, but it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe soon...

Anyway, sorry for the long post and thanks for watching his video.  He's really happy.

Be proud poppa, he is amazing!

May I suggest sending any of the band members and the band members wives this video?  This is something they might respond too and it would probably give Linc the thrill of this life

He tried to link it on one of their YouTube videos but never got a reply.  I have a friend who's in a well known band and is friends with them but I don't like to ask him for favors. 

He was supposed to get him to meet my favorite band the Descendents in October.  He sent me a text right before they started saying he saw Stephan hand him a pick (we were right in front), but he had to leave before the show was over and the meeting never happened. 

We'll see what happens.  We're in  Ithaca for several days with only his acoustic guitar.   Maybe he can do a video for Good Riddance which he can apparently play well. 

That was fabulous - best song of the year - gonna leave the forum for the holidays on a high - thanks Linc.

@Linc and Linc's dad:  That was awesome!  You should be really really proud (I'm sure you are).  I really hope Green Day gets to see this and all the videos I know he'll be doing of their songs.   What a great holiday present for the GDC forum.

Just watched this now! What a talented little kid, I wanted to hop on that kit and drum for him. I hope Billie has seen this, I'd love to sit and watch this kid play a whole set, he is sooo cuuuute!!! Wish I had a son ripping his guitar like that at 7, that kid is going to be world class.

On 12/23/2016 at 6:15 PM, Linc said:

He tried to link it on one of their YouTube videos but never got a reply.  I have a friend who's in a well known band and is friends with them but I don't like to ask him for favors. 

He was supposed to get him to meet my favorite band the Descendents in October.  He sent me a text right before they started saying he saw Stephan hand him a pick (we were right in front), but he had to leave before the show was over and the meeting never happened. 

We'll see what happens.  We're in  Ithaca for several days with only his acoustic guitar.   Maybe he can do a video for Good Riddance which he can apparently play well. 

did you grow up in Ithaca? I'm only an hour away from there. That video is great btw... also, I'm jealous that your kid has seen the desendents twice already, they're one of my bucket list bands

1 hour ago, Kyle Serlington said:

did you grow up in Ithaca? I'm only an hour away from there. That video is great btw... also, I'm jealous that your kid has seen the desendents twice already, they're one of my bucket list bands

I grew up in Trumansburg.  Nobody knows where that is so I say I say Ithaca. 

He's seen Descendents twice yhis year and I've only seen them three times (every chance I have ever had) and have been a fan since 1985.  He doesn't know how good he has it... Linc's dad.

That was an adorable cover. Reminds me of Billie Joe doing that song when he was 5, just punkier. Keep going kid!

Oh my god, the avatar is so cute!! Can I come kidnap you and force you to live and jam with me all day and night here in Canada? I'll feed you well, and teach you wisely! I need someone who plays lots of Green Day to drum too, or vice versa! Your dad can come too, we'll put him on bass :cool:

I'm in tears, your little boy is fantastic! A future rock star in the making! BJA has got to see this!!

20 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Oh my god, the avatar is so cute!! Can I come kidnap you and force you to live and jam with me all day and night here in Canada? I'll feed you well, and teach you wisely! I need someone who plays lots of Green Day to drum too, or vice versa! Your dad can come too, we'll put him on bass :cool:

Thanks.  That is me at Blink-182 concert.

Archived