Random Green Day News

Hermione

Small bit about Green Day

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/photographer-bob-gruen-rock-and-roll-icons-1.5229634

Quote:  I discovered through your work Wendy O. Williams. Is there another band that you wish people could respect?

A: The last couple of years I've been a big fan of a band called The Strypes from Ireland, and I still look forward to whenever Green Day comes around. I think Green Day, they're a big band but they're an important band, because they're making statements. They sing songs like Minority or American Idiot about what I call social politics. It's not necessarily about a particular politician, it's about life, and they sing about life and about people wanting to have a better life.

• Like 2

The Italian FB page, Green Day rock and roll Italy is saying the Bob Gruen book will be released on 27th August. Just checked my Amazon order and it now says 10th September.  Anyone else seeing different dates?  This is earlier than when I originally ordered it I’m sure.

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

The Italian FB page, Green Day rock and roll Italy is saying the Bob Gruen book will be released on 27th August. Just checked my Amazon order and it now says 10th September.  Anyone else seeing different dates?  This is earlier than when I originally ordered it I’m sure.

August 27th here

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

I have Aug 27. Maybe that’s the US date?

"This Is What It Would Sound Like If Billie Eilish’s Bad Guy Was By Green Day":

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/this-is-what-it-would-sound-like-if-billie-eilishs-bad-guy-was-by-green-day/?fbclid=IwAR04kDzlwxrv1Ft6T3t9HXsEqgljSEpdUX-K0FaU9nlfdw_Ekn5nZC07O78

Billie Eilish isn't my cup of tea, but this actually sounds pretty cool. 🤣

21st Century Breakdown comes in at number 36 on this article from Kerrang: "These are the 50 best albums of 2009":

Article here: https://www.kerrang.com/features/the-50-best-albums-of-2009/

This is what they say:

36. GREEN DAY – 21ST CENTURY BREAKDOWN

When you’re already on top of the world, how do you step on up? That was the problem Green Day tackled on 21st Century Breakdown. With 2004’s American Idiot, the East Bay punks-cum-global superstars had delivered the sort of rock blockbuster that wasn’t supposed to exist anymore – perhaps the last of its kind. Album eight was almost predestined to be an honourable step down. Unfolding as a second rock opera, this one delivered a snapshot of everyday existence in its era. Channelling the blue collar avant garde of Springsteen and the proto-pop-punk of The Clash, tracks like 21 Guns and Know Your Enemy lacked the pointedness of their predecessors but still railed firmly with feelings of alienation, anger and political outrage.

• Like 1

Bridgestone Arena

@BrdgstoneArena

·

Jul 31

#OTD ten years ago,

@GreenDay

brought the 21st Century Breakdown World Tour to the Sommet Center (that's right, we weren't even Bridgestone Arena yet!)

67977188_10219847623920443_4864446772237

Flashback: Green Day Get Muddy and Violent at Woodstock ’94

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/green-day-woodstock-94-dookie-171141/

Dog Party

@dogpartylive

·

Aug 2

#RuinABandNameWithOneLetter Thank you

@GreenDay

& crew #dogfarty #dogfart

67618236_10219847657881292_4638353839735

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, jengd said:

It says August 27th in my order too now! I ordered it on Amazon Germany. Maybe it'll be released earlier to push a new single we will get until (or shortly) after the date? One can hope :D

That site never has “real news”. All they do is “report” on Instagram posts. 

On 7/31/2019 at 9:29 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Small bit about Green Day

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/photographer-bob-gruen-rock-and-roll-icons-1.5229634

Quote:  I discovered through your work Wendy O. Williams. Is there another band that you wish people could respect?

A: The last couple of years I've been a big fan of a band called The Strypes from Ireland, and I still look forward to whenever Green Day comes around. I think Green Day, they're a big band but they're an important band, because they're making statements. They sing songs like Minority or American Idiot about what I call social politics. It's not necessarily about a particular politician, it's about life, and they sing about life and about people wanting to have a better life.

Dead on! I have come to grips that for whatever reason that I’ll never understand, BJA will never get the kudos he deserves as a real poet with maybe not the words of Leonard Cohen but just as important. I was just today feeling bad about a relationship gone by and I went to one of his earliest pros that he wrote when he was a young young man and it still brought me some comfort.

”Pressure cooker pick my brain and tell me I'm insane
I'm so fucking happy I could cry
Every joke can have its truth but now the joke's on you
I never knew you're such a funny guy”

So good for the soul.

• Like 2

Wow, these people are really just the worst! They will write anything to get the clicks.

I saw that terrible clickbait headline earlier and came here to see if anyone else saw it.

• Like 1

That's the worst head line I've seen, but there's a lot of bad ones out there.  Corey Taylor of Slipknot gets a lot of nonsense headlines, and the newest trend is putting a huge picture of him crying right beside the article.  You click on it and there's nothing negative at all.  I even saw one about him with a picture of SOME RANDOM DUDE crying beside the text.   I guess seeing someone crying gets views and thus gets revenue.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

That's the worst head line I've seen, but there's a lot of bad ones out there.  Corey Taylor of Slipknot gets a lot of nonsense headlines, and the newest trend is putting a huge picture of him crying right beside the article.  You click on it and there's nothing negative at all.  I even saw one about him with a picture of SOME RANDOM DUDE crying beside the text.   I guess seeing someone crying gets views and thus gets revenue.   

Maybe this is a new meme.

Billie got his fair share of weird clickbait too. Remember the revrad era surge of cocaine-induced memory loss?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Maybe this is a new meme.

Billie got his fair share of weird clickbait too. Remember the revrad era surge of cocaine-induced memory loss?

No.  

• Like 1

UGH! I saw that horrid article too and before I clicked it, I figured it had to be fucking clickbait and I was right. What a terrible headline. How can you just mess with people like that and get emotions fired up? 

• Like 4