Random Green Day News

Hermione

The biggest thing recently was when he criticized cancel culture and compared Roseanne getting her show canceled to football players taking a knee during the national anthem. And in the past, he has made comments that were perceived as transphobic and racist. He's also made jokes regarding topics like rape. Admittedly, I don't follow him, but these are things I learned when people started reacting to that Paper interview he did last year.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 7:33 AM, Beerjeezus said:

Please no for the love of god but at least he's not a fascist 

I am not a fan of P!ATD at all. For the love of god, please not this man.

• Like 2

Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt sells Piedmont home for $6.625 million

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/Green-Day-bassist-Mike-Dirnt-Piedmont-real-estate-14088251.php

Green Day co-founder and bassist Mike Dirnt unloaded his Mediterranean-style mansion in the tony town of Piedmont, Calif., for $6.625 million in July, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Dirnt bought the home for $5.85 million in 2016 and listed it in April for $6.8 million.

Tucked behind a gate, the splendid 1920s estate has five bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms spread across 6,712 square feet. You enter through redwood doors into a light-filled grand interior with gleaming hardwood floors; tall, beamed ceilings; hand-plastered walls; elaborate woodwork and original hardware and sconces. The kitchen is freshly remodeled with white cabinetry, marble countertops and a butler's pantry.

Outside, the grounds offer the opportunity for entertaining with a Spanish-style courtyard, lush landscaping, a pool and spa, and a fire pit.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 3:33 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Please no for the love of god but at least he's not a fascist 

Oh no, why isn't he? :cry:

An article from our favourite (un)reliable source Kerrang! about Brendon Urie wanting to collaborate with Green Day here:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/panic-at-the-discos-brendon-urie-would-love-to-collaborate-with-green-day/

Have to say that like others I really hope this doesn't happen. Not a fan of BU. I suppose it's only a matter of time though as he's pretty popular at the moment.

I'm torn on Brendon Urie. I'm a fan old old PATD, but I enjoy a few of their later albums, including the last one. But I don't necessarily like him and don't think I want to see a collab with him and Green Day.

• Like 1

I don't know this guy's songs but he could sing that Billie is a confused mess and Billie could sing in the background that no one listens to his 37 songs :P

• Haha 1

Green Day Are Up To Something…

Green Day are up to something. They've started teasing... something.

All three members have just posted the exact same image to their instagram feed, and made their personal accounts private. 

The photo in question looks to be of a bull? And if you swipe through, they've all also each posted a photo of one another.

Curious.

Check out the insta posts below. 

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/green-day-are-up-to-something?fbclid=IwAR2T_c0EKgkF72bLVYECAwqQ66sXBascak6i30V0zltpsgTpD8ozMQxnydA

38 minutes ago, TheBloodSexAndBoozeJackass said:

I saw Tre coming out of a glory hole in Oakland today 

Were you on the other side?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Biddymc said:

Were you on the other side?

No I said I saw him coming out der

Bill Childs

@billchilds

Green Day played an in-store in the record store I co-ran in 1990-91. They were underage. Tré played on our wastebasket. They played the Hole at the U; that was the show where Billie Joe met Adrienne Nesser, I believe. (I later worked with Adrienne at the State Fair.)

10 Greatest Bass Players Who Only Use Picks

Mike Dirnt - Greenday

You could put pretty much every punk rock bass player in this spot since virtually everyone is using picks within this genre, but among everyone else, Mike Dirnt gets the most love. And for a good reason. He truly stands out with a solid, recognizable bass tone and an untraditional approach to writing, where the bass is not playing second fiddle to the guitar. Just listen to Longview and say that he isn’t special.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/10_greatest_bass_players_who_only_use_picks-93859

Alternative Stuff

@alternativehere

·

13h

@GreenDay's "Basket Case" is now certified Platinum with over 600,000 sales in the UK

• Like 1

Andrew

@AndrewInKenosha

·

Jan 18

Replying to

@yesborg

We met Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt in the oasis over I94 in Lake Forest Illinois. They were making jokes about being on the same label as Garth Brooks. That was another pre Dookie time saw them.

Not sure if it's really "news" or not, but Billie's guitar, not sure if it's Smash (doesn't look like it is), was just posted on instagram at Norman's Rare Guitars.

I can tell this will be a mix of surfing footage and stories about almost drowning in the ocean lol...anyway, it airs in February (aLbUm cOmInG oUt iN fEbRuArY cOnFiRmED)

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I can tell this will be a mix of surfing footage and stories about almost drowning in the ocean lol...anyway, it airs in February (aLbUm cOmInG oUt iN fEbRuArY cOnFiRmED)

Not just me then that sat up and noticed that February date? 😂

• Like 2

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Not just me then that sat up and noticed that February date? 😂

Well, he usually only does TV appearances when he's promoting an album...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well, he usually only does TV appearances when he's promoting an album...

No seriously are you sure? TV? To promote an album?! Jana you've lost it. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

No seriously are you sure? TV? To promote an album?! Jana you've lost it. 

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg