Jump to content
Hermione

Random Green Day News

Recommended Posts

DadBod
4 hours ago, Daddy. said:

Might have been discussed already but this is on the GD YouTube page:

What soothing music to console us now that Billie has died again. 

Yep. There’s a thread for it. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
desertrose

Green Day’s Basket Case Video Like You’ve Never Seen It Before

It’s nuts to think of a world without Green Day. They’ve been around forever, and are perpetually being ‘discovered’ by teenagers the world over. Absolutely everybody has gone through at least one Green Day phase. Some of us are happily still in theirs 25 years later.

1994’s Dookie was their third album, and Basket Case the third single from it, but this was the song that really put them on the map, and turned them from a scrappy, high-as-hell trio of dudes into global superstars. The song, which frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has described as “a loser national anthem… for weirdos”, is one of their signature tunes – it’s probably tied with Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) as the one you’d be annoyed about them not playing at a show.

So, let’s travel back a quarter of a century and dive headfirst into the award-losing, technicolor vision of insanity that is Green Day’s Basket Case video.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/green-days-basket-case-video-like-youve-never-seen-it-before/?fbclid=IwAR01RDWL6cAfEXrO_lVallrezqlzwOndvuSlunccqMrpAM9TLb-CAX6dZlc

Someone’s Mashed Up The Simpsons Steamed Hams Scene With Green Day’s Basket Case And It’s Great

The Simpsons steamed hams scene has become an extremely enduring meme.

The scene with Principal Skinner awkwardly trying to impress Superintendent Chalmers lends itself to parody, and there are remixes set to piano, and Feel Good, Inc. by Gorillaz, and even a bizarre version with the scene dubbed in 10 times.

Now someone has put the scene to Green Day’s song Basket Case, and it works perfectly.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/someone-s-mashed-up-the-simpsons-steamed-hams-scene-with-green-day-s-basket-case-and-it-s-great-132533?fbclid=IwAR0W3RV6j2fsBHyCVlljMBLBiE4eDhpnNgiOmJcu07iQ8MioOCGWy9QQ4Tc

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
desertrose

54728165_10156691174458961_1802872256901

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
6 hours ago, desertrose said:

 

Someone’s Mashed Up The Simpsons Steamed Hams Scene With Green Day’s Basket Case And It’s Great

The Simpsons steamed hams scene has become an extremely enduring meme.

The scene with Principal Skinner awkwardly trying to impress Superintendent Chalmers lends itself to parody, and there are remixes set to piano, and Feel Good, Inc. by Gorillaz, and even a bizarre version with the scene dubbed in 10 times.

Now someone has put the scene to Green Day’s song Basket Case, and it works perfectly.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/someone-s-mashed-up-the-simpsons-steamed-hams-scene-with-green-day-s-basket-case-and-it-s-great-132533?fbclid=IwAR0W3RV6j2fsBHyCVlljMBLBiE4eDhpnNgiOmJcu07iQ8MioOCGWy9QQ4Tc

 

My brother and I treated that Simpsons scene like a meme long before it was an internet meme and before we knew what memes were. It was already good enough to see it become a popular meme, this is now the icing on the cake 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
35 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Forgive me if this was posted already, but I wanted to share!

Watch Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong play with punk band at 16

https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-punk-band-16-2466438

Little Billie! I've seen the clip before (but not the article) it's so weird to watch and I can't get over it :lol: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

I remember seeing it briefly in Turn It Around. I love his big poofy hair!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf

The only thing is the video is from 1987, so he was 15 (or 14, if it was recorded in january)... Someone shared the video implying he was 16 and everyone else started spreading this info without do any check

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
6 hours ago, kaylubd said:

 

Already posted a few posts back, but I would've been too excited to notice that too it's so amazing :D 

Still doesn't beat this but it's close

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Savannah89

Found an interview with Corbett Redford, saying Mike saved him from bullies. 😭

How cute is that?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bellie

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/green-day-book-last-of-the-american-girls-frank-caruso-816305

https://loudwire.com/green-day-book-last-american-girls/

Has anyone heard of that?

It's someone who knows little of Green Day, to whom I mentioned them today, who told me: "oh yeah, they're putting out a book this year right?" and I was like: "a record perhaps, but a book? how funny!" :lol: so I just looked this up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Boy Named Airplane
13 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Has anyone heard of that?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
desertrose

This Is The Hilarious Reason That All Green Day Albums Until ‘Nimrod’ Were Downtuned

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/this-is-the-hilarious-reason-that-all-green-day-albums-until-nimrod-were-do

Green Day And Pearl Jam And Five More Anniversary Tours We Want To See Celebrating 1994

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2019/03/13/green-day-and-pearl-jam-and-five-more-anniversary-tours-we-want-to-see-celebrating-1994/#f8ab160553fa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rumpelstiltskin2000

This came up on my Twitter today even though the article is dated September 2018 so maybe it's been posted before but Green Day come in at No. 3 on Rock Sound's 10 Saddest Music Videos:

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/these-are-the-10-saddest-music-videos-ever

03. GREEN DAY - 'WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS'


Packed with more heartwrenching emotion than most Hollywood blockbusters, Green Day managed to make the lump in our throat the size of an apple with this epic. 

 

Another Rock Sound piece here where Green Day come in 2nd place for the best closing line for Whatsername:

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/these-are-the-11-best-closing-lines-on-albums

02. GREEN DAY - 'WHATSHERNAME'

"Forgetting you, but not the time"
The perfect ending to the epic tale that was American Idiot, there's something about Billie Joe Armstrong's delivery of this line that sticks with you unlike anything else. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rumpelstiltskin2000

Dookie gets a mention in this CNA Lifestyle article about albums turning 25 this year:

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/nirvana-green-day-cranberries-tlc-oasis-albums-turn-25-1994-11418472

"GREEN DAY’S DOOKIE

Before becoming political with the critically acclaimed American Idiot a decade later, the California trio of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool were California punk’s hardest hitting goofballs (as if the deadpan faux British accent wasn’t already a giveaway). This major label debut included moshpit-ready hits like When I Come Around, Basket Case and Longview."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
21 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Dookie gets a mention in this CNA Lifestyle article about albums turning 25 this year:

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/nirvana-green-day-cranberries-tlc-oasis-albums-turn-25-1994-11418472

"GREEN DAY’S DOOKIE

Before becoming political with the critically acclaimed American Idiot a decade later, the California trio of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool were California punk’s hardest hitting goofballs (as if the deadpan faux British accent wasn’t already a giveaway). This major label debut included moshpit-ready hits like When I Come Around, Basket Case and Longview."

This literally makes it sound like they were a novelty/joke/parody act lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_real_st_jimmy
On 3/24/2019 at 11:31 PM, desertrose said:

Green Day’s Basket Case Video Like You’ve Never Seen It Before

It’s nuts to think of a world without Green Day. They’ve been around forever, and are perpetually being ‘discovered’ by teenagers the world over. Absolutely everybody has gone through at least one Green Day phase. Some of us are happily still in theirs 25 years later.

1994’s Dookie was their third album, and Basket Case the third single from it, but this was the song that really put them on the map, and turned them from a scrappy, high-as-hell trio of dudes into global superstars. The song, which frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has described as “a loser national anthem… for weirdos”, is one of their signature tunes – it’s probably tied with Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) as the one you’d be annoyed about them not playing at a show.

So, let’s travel back a quarter of a century and dive headfirst into the award-losing, technicolor vision of insanity that is Green Day’s Basket Case video.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/green-days-basket-case-video-like-youve-never-seen-it-before/?fbclid=IwAR01RDWL6cAfEXrO_lVallrezqlzwOndvuSlunccqMrpAM9TLb-CAX6dZlc

Someone’s Mashed Up The Simpsons Steamed Hams Scene With Green Day’s Basket Case And It’s Great

The Simpsons steamed hams scene has become an extremely enduring meme.

The scene with Principal Skinner awkwardly trying to impress Superintendent Chalmers lends itself to parody, and there are remixes set to piano, and Feel Good, Inc. by Gorillaz, and even a bizarre version with the scene dubbed in 10 times.

Now someone has put the scene to Green Day’s song Basket Case, and it works perfectly.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/someone-s-mashed-up-the-simpsons-steamed-hams-scene-with-green-day-s-basket-case-and-it-s-great-132533?fbclid=IwAR0W3RV6j2fsBHyCVlljMBLBiE4eDhpnNgiOmJcu07iQ8MioOCGWy9QQ4Tc

 

Love this😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
14 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Does this count as "news"?😂 because Idk where else to put this. So when I go on Spotify and click on a Green Day album under the ones I've already listened to on there(spotify) its like the play button just for Green Day/ and The Longshot dissappeared is this happening to anyone else too? 😕 i can't listen to any of their albums for some reason now

Weird. Mine is glitching too. There’s only an option to download the albums not play them.  It’s happening for all my artists some don’t come up with any albums at all. They’re having a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_real_st_jimmy
Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Weird. Mine is glitching too. There’s only an option to download the albums not play them. 

Right I wonder whats up with the app lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
2 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Right I wonder whats up with the app lol

I don’t know but they better fix it. No discographies are showing up for any artist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DadBod
4 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Right I wonder whats up with the app lol

Are you on mobile/tablet or desktop app? My desktop app is working (listening to GD now).

Edit: just looked at the app on my phone and the albums are gone from the artist page. My own playlists are still working though. (I have the free version.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×