Random Green Day News

Hermione

12 minutes ago, The Insider said:

He lies though - he said they mix up the setlist.

Come on, there's a chance to catch an odd rare song when you go 10 times.

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ugly-phil-talks-to-green-days-tre-cool-124747

This came up on my news - gave me the feels.

He lies though - he said they mix up the setlist.

Also when they describe the period between Trilogy and RevRad as a four year break. It was not their longest period between albums (that was 2004-2009) and it wasn’t a break of four years. They toured the Trilogy in 2013 and Australia and SXSW in 2014, played in Cleveland and at Gilman together in 2015 and then started recording RevRad in 2016. For them there was a long pause from 2014-2016 but nothing like a four year break and all that time Billie was writing.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Also when they describe the period between Trilogy and RevRad as a four year break. It was not their longest period between albums (that was 2004-2009) and it wasn’t a break of four years. They toured the Trilogy in 2013 and Australia and SXSW in 2014, played in Cleveland and at Gilman together in 2015 and then started recording RevRad in 2016. For them there was a long pause from 2014-2016 but nothing like a four year break and all that time Billie was writing.  

I still don't consider Soundwave as a trilogy tour - I mean they did headline but it doesn't compare to a stand alone tour.

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Come on, there's a chance to catch an odd rare song when you go 10 times.

I did on the final fucking show😎

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I still don't consider Soundwave as a trilogy tour - I mean they did headline but it doesn't compare to a stand alone tour.

No but my point is it was multiple shows and they were still performing together into 2014 so how can they call it a four year break? They’re not on a break if they’re still touring or performing.

• Like 3

The only reason it's called a break is that Billie said they're going to take a small break in one interview after foreverly came out and everyone interpreted it as they're going on a hiatus, while it seemed he was just saying that they're not going to churn a new album right away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

The only reason it's called a break is that Billie said they're going to take a small break in one interview after foreverly came out and everyone interpreted it as they're going on a hiatus, while it seemed he was just saying that they're not going to churn a new album right away.

What it actually meant was “I’m gonna think about something besides Green Day for the next ten minutes” 😂 Really I think they only thing they stopped was 5-6 day a week rehearsal for a while.  They’ve taken just as long of a “break” since RevRad with other side projects, travel and family.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What it actually meant was “I’m gonna think about something besides Green Day for the next ten minutes” 😂 Really I think they only thing they stopped was 5-6 day a week rehearsal for a while.  They’ve taken just as long of a “break” since RevRad with other side projects, travel and family.

Yes, it wasn't a longer break than what they usually take but maybe he was focusing on other projects for a short while - foreverly, the movie, he wrote songs for a musical, produced someone else's album etc, so it wasn't just time off before starting to work on a new gd album for him. Haha that's quite a lot of work to do during "time off". :happy:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah it seems that they speak about the four years between fall 2012 and 2016. The word break is surely meant for Green Day, since obviously Billie can't stay long without doing stuff, maybe saying that period was a break since his rehab is like saying "even if we went on with the trilogy tour afterwards, everything was meant to be put on pause, for an undetermined time, until a new thing would come out, a new album, and that would mean the end of the uncertain time that had started since is rehab." Maybe that's what "break" is for, finishing what has been started, without being sure about the routine afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes, it wasn't a longer break than what they usually take but maybe he was focusing on other projects for a short while - foreverly, the movie, he wrote songs for a musical, produced someone else's album etc, so it wasn't just time off before starting to work on a new gd album for him. Haha that's quite a lot of work to do during "time off". :happy:

And rebuilding a car, and building Otis and starting a guitar shop business and playing with the Replacements and Norah and Jason and promotional interviews for Foreverly and the movie, the film festival performance... and seriously there’s no such thing as time off for him

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And rebuilding a car, and building Otis and starting a guitar shop business and playing with the Replacements and Norah and Jason and promotional interviews for Foreverly and the movie, the film festival performance... and seriously there’s no such thing as time off for him

Workaholic.

But I admire him for being able to balance all these projects/ideas while spending time with his kids, 80 and family. That's some serious work/life balance that I, who has 1 8-5 job, find difficult to balance. 

• Like 4

@Rumpelstiltskin2000 I could see that happening. Getting inspired in the middle of the night and just being able walk into the studio and work out whatever that spark of insanity is huge. Credit to 80 for being so damn understanding of his work habits (and Brit & Sarah). I can't imagine being away from my loved one that much. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Ignore the shameful misspelling, but should we add this to the list of crazy shit and pee stories? 😜

Maybe he thought it was the cat box.... 😂😂😂

(Mods: can’t remove image because I’m on mobile)

Edited by Hermione
No worries!
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Mods can you please remove this from my head too.

Sorry, we all have to live with it now. Enjoy the visual 😄

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, The Insider said:

He is a class act - I wonder if he washed his hands after doing a No. 2💩😏🤔

If he shit into a trashcan, I would assume no on the phalange hygiene :lol:

• Haha 1