Random Green Day News

Hermione

8 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

But isn't you asking Jeff to be called out on this legit harassment as well? It is a situation you are not involved with. Jeff was wrong to make this public and so is she. She needs to call the police, not post her personal messages on social media asking people to call him out. It is the same thing he did to her. 

She should warn everyone. His behaviour is dangerous. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Her accounts still up 

In which case, I'm blocked... I didn't do anything either... Damn! 

Just now, The Insider said:

Im pretty sure this means the end to GD touring.

Of course it is. There is no way they can continue with the 3rd guitarist and sometimes back up vocalist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

She is though. She has filed a police report and I think after what Jeff has done and is doing to her until this point, I think she has a right to defend herself online where the harassment is happening. She has been quiet on social media up until now, posting about her mood but not giving any details about her fallout with Jeff. In the videos, she says that she wasn't planning on doing it but decided to to so because he has been contacting her family, her friends, her coworkers (apparently he's been calling her workplace every day), even random dudes she follows on social media about her. Part of the reason why she is posting about it now because she, in her words, "can't take it anymore" and wants people to send her proof in case he messages them. It's not really the same.

THIS! Also, as we have all seen through personal experience or on the news: the law rarely works for victims. I think she is being very brave. Filing a report can be humiliating and often not much is done about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

. Part of the reason why she is posting about it now because she, in her words, "can't take it anymore" and wants people to send her proof in case he messages them. It's not really the same.

Thanks for making my point in a better way 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goofygoldfish said:

In which case, I'm blocked... I didn't do anything either... Damn! 

Do you have a Green Day related user name? Maybe she’s trying to purge all GD fans to be safe

1 minute ago, The Insider said:

Im pretty sure this means the end to GD touring.

For Jeff I sure hope so, but until it happens...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you have a Green Day related user name? Maybe she’s trying to purge all GD fans to be safe

Was looking from my private account, oh well! 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Jokes aside, I hope their situation gets sorted either between the two of them or in a legal way with no more online drama.

But just enough for Jeff to get fired 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Jokes aside, I hope their situation gets sorted either between the two of them or in a legal way with no more online drama.

This

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

We found his replacements, needs to happen now 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

That can't hurt. But in the end, it's ultimately the band's decision no matter what happens on the internet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah it’s in everyone’s best interest, her not getting harassed, both getting closer,  green day keeping a somewhat good image,  

• Like 1

I am a huge fan of Green Day but I just can’t respect a decision to keep him in the band. A Green Day Show is a place where you’re supposed to feel safe and free to be yourself. I don’t want to go to a show with a guy like Jeff Matika in the band. Ignoring something like this or supporting a person like this makes you part of the problem. And the law rarely works for victims. Hopefully he will get sorted out through the legal system but with good reason I don’t trust the legal system. 

35 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

We found his replacements, needs to happen now 

THIS! We found excellent replacements! Kevin for Green Day! Bill for the Longshot! (Or Mike for the Longshot! 😍) !

But no more Jeff. This wasn’t isolated. He’s been harassing and bullying her for a long time at this point and will probably get worse. 

Edited by Virginia Lot Lizzard
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

I am a huge fan of Green Day but I just can’t respect a decision to keep him in the band. A Green Day Show is a place where you’re supposed to feel safe and free to be yourself. I don’t want to go to a show with a guy like Jeff Matika in the band. Ignoring something like this or supporting a person like this makes you part of the problem. And the law rarely work for victims. Hopefully he will get sorted out through the legal system but with good reason I don’t trust the legal system. 

I'm lowkey hoping they don't know about this... or that Jeff told them some fucked up lies or convinced them that she's somehow out of her mind. I don't know. Apparently Adie has already unfollowed her and I don't want to believe that they would take his side over hers if they knew the truth... 😕

2 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

I am a huge fan of Green Day but I just can’t respect a decision to keep him in the band. A Green Day Show is a place where you’re supposed to feel safe and free to be yourself. I don’t want to go to a show with a guy like Jeff Matika in the band. Ignoring something like this or supporting a person like this makes you part of the problem. And the law rarely work for victims. Hopefully he will get sorted out through the legal system but with good reason I don’t trust the legal system. 

If he stays he should at least show that he’s changed !!  

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I'm lowkey hoping they don't know about this... or that Jeff told them some fucked up lies or convinced them that she's somehow out of her mind. I don't know. Apparently Adie has already unfollowed her and I don't want to believe that they would take his side over hers if they knew the truth... 😕

manipulators are good at lying 

• Like 1