Random Green Day News

Hermione

a close (gamer) friend showed me this tonight.  I don't think I've ever seen it. it's from 2008

Utada Hikaru does the music for the kingdom hearts games most know for the song simple and clean

if this is in the wrong place feel free to remove or relocate

• Like 4

On 12/17/2018 at 8:33 PM, Hermione said:

Oh no I mean the article writer plagiarising from you/the youtube commenter! 

Hey! The writer here. I'm sorry if you feel I plagiarised the line! I read it somewhere, (now I know it was the comment) and couldn't trace it back to the original source (it is kind of deep into youtube's trenches) and wanted to use that in the article. I apologise. Will contact the Youtuber and let him know. Hope you liked the article.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, jengd said:

Sloppy article generally, but as it’s suitably worshipful I”ll let it pas 😂😂.  Always loved that posture of a banana, talent of a god line, it’s so true but I can’t remember where it came from originally. 

Hey! Thanks for the pass, I guess. 😅 This was my first article for the college website. Hope it was worth the read. Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ivinayak said:

Hey! The writer here. I'm sorry if you feel I plagiarised the line! I read it somewhere, (now I know it was the comment) and couldn't trace it back to the original source (it is kind of deep into youtube's trenches) and wanted to use that in the article. I apologise. Will contact the Youtuber and let him know. Hope you liked the article.

Hey! Thanks for the pass, I guess. 😅 This was my first article for the college website. Hope it was worth the read. Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

No worries, I just thought it was funny to see that description in more than one place :lol: and pretty much joking about it being plagiarism. I did like it! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hermione said:

No worries, I just thought it was funny to see that description in more than one place :lol: and pretty much joking about it being plagiarism. I did like it! 

Haha cool! Thanks 😄

11 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

a close (gamer) friend showed me this tonight.  I don't think I've ever seen it. it's from 2008

Utada Hikaru does the music for the kingdom hearts games most know for the song simple and clean

if this is in the wrong place feel free to remove or relocate

Wow, that was really good.  Her voice is so deep.

Edited by Second favourite son
Please remove videos from quotes

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

^^* Huh??

The way it's written is kind of off but I think they mean anxiety/social anxiety (he said he would drink to combat it). I don't know why they keep the disorder a mystery and make you guess though

• Like 1

I find it a bit strange he made it into that textbook because as far as I'm aware he hasn't really talked about it in detail/said exactly what disorder he has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I agree with both @Second favourite son And @Jane Lannister but if that’s the whole entry, which I think it is as i’ve seen it quoted before, it’s hardly very deep or revealing.

Looks like it’s been updated for new editions though...

My issue with this is almost worsened by the quick reference.  An in depth case study would at least tell his story and give more opportunity for empathy and understanding.  If you know nothing about GD, you might only remember him as ‘that random rock star who got anxious and did drugs and got shows cancelled’.  But I agree it isn’t a major issue.  There are much better case studies out there though, James Arthur has talked about his anxiety a lot more.

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I find it a bit strange he made it into that textbook because as far as I'm aware he hasn't really talked about it in detail/said exactly what disorder he has.

Has he ever said he has a disorder, or has he just talked about how he gets/got very anxious before shows?  I don’t like to speculate about people’s health, so wondered if there’s anything he’s said.  There’s a big difference between having an anxiety disorder and suffering anxiety before a massive show in front of tens of thousands of people (which is arguably a normal response, even for a rockstar).

• Like 1

I don't remember where but I can picture him quite vividly saying the words "panic disorder" in roughly that context in some interview. Just a hunch but maybe the Spotify documentary? I can't look at it right now. He definitely didn't speak very in-depth about though. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Looks like it’s been updated for new editions though...

My issue with this is almost worsened by the quick reference.  An in depth case study would at least tell his story and give more opportunity for empathy and understanding.  If you know nothing about GD, you might only remember him as ‘that random rock star who got anxious and did drugs and got shows cancelled’.  But I agree it isn’t a major issue.  There are much better case studies out there though, James Arthur has talked about his anxiety a lot more.

Has he ever said he has a disorder, or has he just talked about how he gets/got very anxious before shows?  I don’t like to speculate about people’s health, so wondered if there’s anything he’s said.  There’s a big difference between having an anxiety disorder and suffering anxiety before a massive show in front of tens of thousands of people (which is arguably a normal response, even for a rockstar).

I totally agree, he's not the best choice for a case study because there are others who have done more to raise awareness about anxiety and talked about it more and the way it's written doesn't really tell much of his story other than the classic "a rock star did drugs what a shock".

I don't remember what exactly he's said over the years, but I think he's mentioned experiencing performance anxiety and also anxiety in other situations.

• Like 3

He’s made quite a few, fairly low key references over the years to having an anxiety disorder, often when talking about Basket Case but also just responding to a question like what does he do to prepare for going on stage and he’ll say something like try to stop form having a panic attack.  This is also the guy though who feels that nobody wants to hear him talk about his problems because he’s a successful rock star and I think his blue collar roots make him very wary of sounding like he’s complaining about how difficult life is when he knows what it’s like to be short of money, doing a menial job etc.  

• Like 4

Yeah when Rev Rad came out and he was doing interviews he made it very clear that he used to use drink to deal with awkwardness and anxiety. It was a new album and a new "sober" tour so it seemed like openly explaining that was an alternative strategy to deal with it, he brought it up himself a bunch of times. I don't think he's really gone into enough detail about it to make it a case study but it is a legitimate thing to say about him.

• Like 3

SAT, FEB 2 AT 6 PM

25 Years of Dookie - Tribute!

924 Gilman · Berkeley, CA

924 Gilman added an event.

924 Gilman, Lavasocks Records, and Asian Man Records Presents:
A DIY Celebration of 25 years of Green Day’s Dookie!

A live show and tribute LP release.

WITH:
HotBods, Grumpster, Little Debbie and the Crusaders, Unpopular Opinion, Neverlyn, Sarchasm, Like Roses, Pity Party, Danger Inc., Gnarboots, Get Married, Deseos Primitivos, Corrupted Morals, Rex Means King, and Weeny Witch!

15 bands! 15 songs! One iconic album celebrated by Bay Area bands of today!

All proceeds from the show and the tribute compilation will go back to 924 Gilman!

FEBRUARY 2, 2019
ALL AGES • 6PM • $10 + $2 Membership

Safe(r) Space Venue: No drugs, no alcohol, no bigoted behavior.

924 Gilman St., Berkeley, CA
An All Ages DIY, Volunteer Run, 501(c)(3) Nonprofit, Music & Art Community Space Since 1986.

https://www.facebook.com/924Gilman/

• Like 2