Random Green Day News

Hermione

16 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Right, and I’m sure Jeff totally made up that his eyes were opened after communicating with all the other men she was messaging. Sorry, but that’s not something he would just fabricate and put on social media.

It’s none of our business what either of them have done within the relationship. We’re commenting on how Jeff broadcast it on social media and encouraged fans to harass her, as that’s the only thing we have evidence for. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Right, and I’m sure Jeff totally made up that his eyes were opened after communicating with all the other men she was messaging. Sorry, but that’s not something he would just fabricate and put on social media.

It's not about whether what he said is totally accurate or not. It's just that we don't really know anything about it to debate it lol. All we know is he ill advisedly ranted about his breakup on social media and has now apologised for doing that. The actual story of what happened in their relationship isn't something we really know, or something that can be speculated on based on limited details from one side.

I think there is a slight misunderstanding. People aren't arguing whether Jeff or the ex is the bad one in the relationship and criticising him based on that. They're just criticising him for posting about it like that on social media. He's agreed that he shouldn't have done it and said sorry now so hopefully things can move on.

• Like 2

To tell the truth, at first I didn't think it was that bad, just classic Jeff being a dick on twitter. It's normal to be angry after a breakup. If a regular dude did that, I'm sure everyone would wave it off as stupid behavior that doesn't really cause any harm, but regular dudes don't have the following he has. I changed my opinion when I saw the hating gained momentum and he encouraged it. That's where he's crossed a line. It's not cool to have your fans to harrass someone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

To tell the truth, at first I didn't think it was that bad, just classic Jeff being a dick on twitter. It's normal to be angry after a breakup. If a regular dude did that, I'm sure everyone would wave it off as stupid behavior that doesn't really cause any harm, but regular dudes don't have the following he has. I changed my opinion when I saw the hating gained momentum and he encouraged it. That's where he's crossed a line. It's not cool to have your fans to harrass someone.

I totally agree with that. My gut feeling is that she screwed him over and he was angry. I don’t think it’s at all that she’s innocent in this. However I can clearly see that he went too far. But that doesn’t surprise me in that I’ve thought for awhile now that Jeff seems kind of like a man-baby. Now that that’s clear it really is all I’m saying on the matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

foa, love u @Jane Lannister and second I agree. I think we've all had exes that did this kinda shit but not the level that Jeff did. It's really immature behavior and I don't necessarily condone saying stupid shit on twitter but I can see why if venting makes him feel better. Soon as you get fans involved in it though, then you're just riling people up and using their anger to further an agenda. I really don't like that someone like Jeff would do that, but I guess 13y/o girls aren't the only ones needing to post babyass tweets after a breakup ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ he does know what he's doing though with the fact that he does have a pretty big following of people that would act out on his behalf, even stupidly so. that's what makes it worse in my book - he actively knows he's being immature.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I changed my opinion when I saw the hating gained momentum and he encouraged it. That's where he's crossed a line.

This! 

When I first read the tweets, I thought he was just sad and angry, and felt sad  for him (and Kaylie) that they were having a shit time. He shouldn't have crossed that line. Hopefully he's learnt a lesson!

• Like 1

Watch Green Day Cover Nirvana Classic, Did They Butcher It?

http://www.alternativenation.net/green-day-cover-nirvana-classic-drain-you/

The Coverups (which is basically Green Day under another name as a cover band, with Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt) covered Nirvana’s “Drain You” in Albany on December 19th at The Ivy Room. Billie Joe Armstrong said, “It’s all fun and games, but when it comes to your own generation…it’s a little weirder.” Many YouTube commenters praised the performance, but lotku commented that Billie Joe Armstrong butchered a key part, “Billie forgot the scream.” Lavender Llama responded, “I feel like anywhere from the 90s to 2005, Billie would’ve done the scream pretty well lol.” Scott Bryant commented, “Billie should front the next Nirvana reunion.”

Admiral Needa wrote on YouTube about the show, “On the show’s flyer, it said ‘Dress Up!’ so many attendees wore holiday costumes and festive attire, including the band! Admission was only $17, and with it, we also got a raffle ticket. Several prizes were raffled off, including the festive holiday hats that Mike, Billie Joe and Chris wore during the show, and a rare compilation vinyl from Fuel, Thumper, Monsula and Filth. The biggest prize, however, was their black 1992 Cadillac limousine that the band previously used to travel to all the Coverups shows. Mike: “And it’s totally smoggable” lol.

The winners, coincidentally, were Lani Torres and Summer Gerbing, co-owners of the Ivy Room! For the previous show at The Uptown in Oakland, the band teased the crowd into thinking they were giving away their limo, only to then give away a Bird Scooter, lol.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I know some GD fans are intense but who loves Jeff Matika to that extent

I plead guilty :P well there are surely some people who must love Jeff as much as most fangirls love Billie

11 hours ago, desertrose said:

Watch Green Day Cover Nirvana Classic, Did They Butcher It?

Many YouTube commenters praised the performance, but lotku commented that Billie Joe Armstrong butchered a key part, “Billie forgot the scream.” Lavender Llama responded, “I feel like anywhere from the 90s to 2005, Billie would’ve done the scream pretty well lol.”

I don't know the original song and should go check it out, but Billie has no problem to scream at all even nowadays

Hell Kurt forgot the scream in Drain You from 91-92

while he did the scream on the studio version Kurt never really did the scream until the In Utero your 1993-1994 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

this irks me so much.  #3 shows an image from Geek Stink Breath... but the correct answer is Longview..  14/15 🖕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

this irks me so much.  #3 shows an image from Geek Stink Breath... but the correct answer is Longview..  14/15 🖕

IRKSOME! 

• Haha 1

15/15 (I read you guys' comments before I did the quiz and then answered Longview instead of GSB:lol:).

I like how most of the screenshots were from less obvious parts of the videos, making it slightly more challenging.

15/15, also because I saw the Longview thing here.

A. Could they have picked a worse still from 21 Guns?

B. Anyone else notice a pattern when answering?

10 ALT Albums We Can't Wait to Hear in 2019

Green Day - LP13

Earlier this month, Billie Joe Armstrong got Green Day fans all riled up when he slid a telling comment into an Instagram Live stream. "I'm writing new songs for gd now," he divulged. We haven't gotten anymore information about LP13, but we'd like to think it'll be coming out in 2019.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-12-28-10-alt-albums-we-cant-wait-to-hear-in-2019/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Montclare said:

Anyone else notice a pattern

Nope... Goes back to do it again.... 

Oh yeah, after the first few, they got lazy! 

16 hours ago, Montclare said:

Could they have picked a worse still from 21 Guns?

Haha it was pretty bad! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, desertrose said:

10 ALT Albums We Can't Wait to Hear in 2019

Green Day - LP13

Earlier this month, Billie Joe Armstrong got Green Day fans all riled up when he slid a telling comment into an Instagram Live stream. "I'm writing new songs for gd now," he divulged. We haven't gotten anymore information about LP13, but we'd like to think it'll be coming out in 2019.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-12-28-10-alt-albums-we-cant-wait-to-hear-in-2019/

Haha no pressure or anything guys

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

For the second time in recent months Dookie has re-entered the UK rock album chart, this time at #13. It is above American Idiot and God's Favourite Band at numbers #15 and #20 respectively. 

I know I should be happy that this shows how brilliant and timeless Dookie is as an album, but all I can feel is sadness at the death of ‘the album’ at the hands of the shift to downloads and streaming.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I know I should be happy that this shows how brilliant and timeless Dookie is as an album, but all I can feel is sadness at the death of ‘the album’ at the hands of the shift to downloads and streaming.

I was just thinking about that the other day with regards to the next album. I know Billie loves the album format and song order is very important to him still — I feel the same, my favorite way to listen to GD is still with each album front to back. But today when bands release albums they put multiple random singles out first sometimes four or five before the whole album is available.  To me this ruins the integrity of the album so that by the time you get it you’ve heard half of it and it detracts from the experience of listening to it as a whole. That seems to be a good thing for streaming numbers but bad for “albums” so what will GD do for the next one? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was just thinking about that the other day with regards to the next album. I know Billie loves the album format and song order is very important to him still — I feel the same, my favorite way to listen to GD is still with each album front to back. But today when bands release albums they put multiple random singles out first sometimes four or five before the whole album is available.  To me this ruins the integrity of the album so that by the time you get it you’ve heard half of it and it detracts from the experience of listening to it as a whole. That seems to be a good thing for streaming numbers but bad for “albums” so what will GD do for the next one? 

I sure hope they don’t.  There’s something different and special about listening to an album in the order the artist intended.  Listening to an album out of order is like looking at a photo of a painting: it’s still great art, but it’s missing something important.

I think the biggest problem now is that we’ve gone from it being effort to listen to an album out of order (skipping tracks on vinyl and tape) to it now being harder to listen to it in order (click specifically on track one, in the album, and make sure shuffle’s turned off).

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 4:31 AM, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

I love when websites try to taunt us by asking us to “prove” we’re fans, and then they end up looking like incompetent idiots when fans point out they’ve fucked up before even getting round to testing us. 😂

• Haha 3