Random Green Day News

Hermione

9 hours ago, desertrose said:

The Forgotten Genius of Green Day

What makes the self-proclaimed "God’s favourite band" so different from every other punk-rock band ever? From sleeping on couches and floors to reviving a genre, @GreenDay has gone from being an overnight phenomenon to being synonymous with rock and roll.

https://themitpost.com/forgotten-genius-green-day/

"...the posture of a banana"! 😂

• Like 2

"With the posture of a banana and the talent of a God"

Amazingly this isn't the first time I've seen Billie described this way :lol:. Don't know where they nicked it from

• Like 2

11 hours ago, desertrose said:

The Forgotten Genius of Green Day

What makes the self-proclaimed "God’s favourite band" so different from every other punk-rock band ever? From sleeping on couches and floors to reviving a genre, @GreenDay has gone from being an overnight phenomenon to being synonymous with rock and roll.

https://themitpost.com/forgotten-genius-green-day/

Sloppy article generally, but as it’s suitably worshipful I”ll let it pas 😂😂.  Always loved that posture of a banana, talent of a god line, it’s so true but I can’t remember where it came from originally. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

With the posture of a banana and the talent of a God"

That's a YouTube comment from years ago that @DeJennsitized posted a screenshot of on tumblr and it got thousands of notes haha.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

That's a YouTube comment from years ago that @DeJennsitized posted a screenshot of on tumblr and it got thousands of notes haha.

Oh my god, lmao!

I still get notes on this thing. It's my legacy and I didn't even make the comment!

http://greendaystiel.tumblr.com/post/106769957743/holy-shit-i-cant-breathe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hermione said:

Omg :lol:. Such plagiarism 

I gave the youtube user credit in the screenshot :lol: but amazing how it only had 50-something likes when I found it. I guess Good Riddance Live on Goat Island in 2000 isn't the most popular GD video out there 😛 

Just now, DeJennsitized said:

I gave the youtube user credit in the screenshot :lol: but amazing how it only had 50-something likes when I found it. I guess Good Riddance Live on Goat Island in 2000 isn't the most popular GD video out there 😛 

Oh no I mean the article writer plagiarising from you/the youtube commenter! 

• Like 1

Just now, Hermione said:

Oh no I mean the article writer plagiarising from you/the youtube commenter! 

Ohhh :lol: haha, you're right! I went onto that video and there are so many comments about his posture now, I don't know if I caused that but it's hilarious!

4 hours ago, desertrose said:

Dave Grohl Showed Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong How To Do Something Really Weird

https://www.alternativenation.net/dave-grohl-showed-green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-something-really-weird/

There are some really interesting interviews here. Thanks!

That's the first thing I thought of too! :lol: But then I remembered the gum chewing while singing thing. It's about that. lol

• Haha 1

I know it was just Billie and that other people lived in the warehouse but cool it got a mention anyway

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 8:53 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

That's the first thing I thought of too! :lol: But then I remembered the gum chewing while singing thing. It's about that. lol

Oh! I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:
I know it was just Billie and that other people lived in the warehouse but cool it got a mention anyway

I might be confusing fact and fiction but didn't Billie and Tré live together at some point? Possibly even at this warehouse?

28 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I might be confusing fact and fiction but didn't Billie and Tré live together at some point? Possibly even at this warehouse?

I think Mike lived in the warehouse for a bit. Billie and Tre lived together at Ashby Ave.

Feeling sad for Jeff after breaking up with Kalie, what a shit time of year. Poor guy.  If it's true that she cheated on him, I hope his heart heals quickly. He seems angry at the moment which is understandable.

And I'm not sure what Christian Slater has to do with it.... 

Happy Christmas to you all, if that's your thing. If it's a tough one, hope goes as well as it possibly can. 🎄

• Sad 2

Seemed like they enjoyed being together so it's a shame for it to happen right before Christmas. It is quite immature to post on twitter about it like that, I guess he was hurt and wanted to get it out of his system and not necessarily in the most rational and considerate frame of mind.

• Like 2