Random Green Day News

Hermione

Love the notebooks!! I hope they're around for a while because I cannot afford it at this moment in time, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

Wow those bags are terrible. I have so many GD patches I'll make my own thanks. 

It reminded me I should use my God's Favourite Band patches on a bag, could look 100 times better than those two and cost a fraction of the price.

I just looked at all the apparel. There's an equal number of things designed for babies as there is designed for women (1 baby onesie and 1 women's t shirt, which is hideous incidentally). Come on now :P 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Also I've said it before but why does Green Day design virtually all their merch with men and not women in mind? Like, they have a pretty large proportion of female fans no? Why not cater to them at all?

Notebooks are cool though I'll give them that 

I agree! I want cooler shirt designs for their girls shirts, the ones on their site suck. That black and pink Kerplunk shirt is cute, I'd buy it if they had a female cut version. Hot Topic had a cute American Idiot shirt a little while back but it sold out in my size before I could get one

16 hours ago, Hermione said:

.they're just men's backpacks in ugly boring colours with a small GD/AI patch stuck on them??? 

☹️

14 hours ago, Hermione said:

I just looked at all the apparel. There's an equal number of things designed for babies as there is designed for women (1 baby onesie and 1 women's t shirt, which is hideous incidentally). Come on now :P 

Aren't men and women's shirts pretty much the same except the men's ones are bigger? I know the shape is a bit different but I don't really see much of a difference

On 8/13/2018 at 1:38 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Loos like it’s unpaid from the ad

Well yeah, it's an internship. By definition it is unpaid. It's college credit but if you want to get in the music business out of school with GD, a young person shouldn't give a fuck.

Did you guys discuss this? ;)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/now-green-day-rehearsed-insomniac-full-2362530

7 hours ago, duckez said:

Aren't men and women's shirts pretty much the same except the men's ones are bigger? I know the shape is a bit different but I don't really see much of a difference

Nah, men's shirts are cut to fit and flatter the average man's body, women's shirts are cut to fit and flatter the average woman's body (like, taking boobs into account among other things). They're very different when you wear them. Obviously you can still wear it if you happen to like it but it isn't designed to fit and look best on you if it's been designed with men's bodies in mind. Even when there is a women's or "unisex" version of a band t shirt it isn't the best, I'd really prefer other types of top. Be nice to see some more feminine designs along with the more masculine ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'd really prefer other types of top.

Some skinny rib type, or (female) vest tops please! T-shirts are so blocky I walk straight past.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Some skinny rib type, or (female) vest tops please! T-shirts are so blocky I walk straight past.

Yeah I have a vest top from the 21CB era, it's the only GD top I ever end up wearing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Well yeah, it's an internship. By definition it is unpaid. It's college credit but if you want to get in the music business out of school with GD, a young person shouldn't give a fuck.

Did you guys discuss this? ;)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/now-green-day-rehearsed-insomniac-full-2362530

Yep, all waiting for Billie to post a pic with the Nimrod playlist.  Instead getting closeup selfies and auto text suggestions 😂

Have a Green Day in Billie Joe Armstrong's Chevrolet Nova SS Convertible

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-s-chevrolet-nova-ss-convertible

the 1963 Chevy is notable because this was the first year for the SS package on the Nova, and its pairing of an inline six-cylinder engine and a convertible body style makes it more unusual. (The 283-cubic-inch V-8 would not be available on the Chevy II/Nova until the 1964 model year.) The auction house claims the car is stock, which means the 194-cubic-inch inline-six is making about 120 horsepower. While production records don't break the cars out by body style, most sources indicate a mix of coupe and convertible Nova SS vehicles with a total of 42,432 built in 1963. So it's not as scarce as, say, a 1969 Corvette ZL1, but it's definitely a conversation piece that you won't be afraid to put some miles on.

13 hours ago, miss youngblood said:

What's it called?

The guide only said Summer Night Movies and I never caught the actual name of the movie.  Sorry.  :(