Random Green Day News

Hermione

Billie just put the Billy Joe coffee song on the oakland playlist, made me chuckle. I wonder if Ollie and Andy got inspiration from the song? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't know about the baby but Billie loves his name, he might pretend he doesn't but he's obsessed with talking about it and easily could've just gone by Bill or Billy if he wanted to so I think he clearly does :P. I think most people with unusual names like having them but even if she doesn't she could just go by Emilie when she's older if she prefers.

I'm sure that's why he called his mom a "country bitch" on the longshot tour for giving him that name, haha. He also seems to go by Billie most of the time. I think he's made peace with it though and likes it in terms of being his goofy self 😊

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm sure that's why he called his mom a "country bitch" on the longshot tour for giving him that name, haha. He also seems to go by Billie most of the time. I think he's made peace with it though and likes it in terms of being his goofy self 😊

What’s great about it is it allows him to sign just “Billie Joe” and it identifies him. He never even put Armstrong on the record sleeves or used it in interviews until AI. He couldn’t have done that with just “Billie”, too generic. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Yeah but why did he bring his name up yet again in the first place? :lol: He could've switched to Bill/Billie/Billy a long time ago no trouble if he'd wanted to, I think most of the time when people continue to be known by two names rather than dropping the second one it's by choice. He's even mentioned that early on in Green Day's career/when they got famous he was planning to just be known as "Billie Joe" rather than Billie Joe Armstrong (but it didn't work out because he'd already been credited and known a little bit by the full name or whatever) I think that shows he likes it quite a lot.

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What’s great about it is it allows him to sign just “Billie Joe” and it identifies him. He never even put Armstrong on the record sleeves or used it in interviews until AI. He couldn’t have done that with just “Billie”, too generic. 

Wow you're right! I knew he did that up until Kerplunk but I never noticed it's just "Billie Joe" on the later albums, there it is even on Warning and International Superhits. He tried, lol

24 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah but why did he bring his name up yet again in the first place? :lol: He could've switched to Bill/Billie/Billy a long time ago no trouble if he'd wanted to, I think most of the time when people continue to be known by two names rather than dropping the second one it's by choice. He's even mentioned that early on in Green Day's career/when they got famous he was planning to just be known as "Billie Joe" rather than Billie Joe Armstrong (but it didn't work out because he'd already been credited and known a little bit by the full name or whatever) I think that shows he likes it quite a lot.

Wow you're right! I knew he did that up until Kerplunk but I never noticed it's just "Billie Joe" on the later albums, there it is even on Warning and International Superhits. He tried, lol

He did try early on but his mom insisted that his name was Billie Joe. Once they started getting more known there's nothing he could've done. The public wouldn't have let him bury that half of his name. Anyway we can't know for sure without asking him. 

2 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Billie just put the Billy Joe coffee song on the oakland playlist, made me chuckle. I wonder if Ollie and Andy got inspiration from the song? 

I think it is more plausible his name comes from this song:

Considering the story of the song is coming from, when this country song was released and how it was popular a few years just before Billie's birth, I would say Ollie got inspiration from this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IcyMoffatt said:

more plausible his name comes from this song:

What do you mean, they didn't name him after a song that was released after he was born.. Maybe he had no name for almost a year 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

What do you mean, they didn't name him after a song that was released after he was born.. Maybe he had no name for almost a year 😂

The song is older than Billie. :huh:

10 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

He did try early on but his mom insisted that his name was Billie Joe. Once they started getting more known there's nothing he could've done. The public wouldn't have let him bury that half of his name. Anyway we can't know for sure without asking him. 

I mean before he started to get known he could have. Once he was famous it was too late, but he further proved he loved it by calling himself just "Billie Joe" without the Armstrong and attempting to go by just that, and bringing up the subject of his name at every opportunity. Whenever he does get asked about it he starts going on and on about it and loves giving the back story of his mum being from Oklahoma and how it isn't William Joseph etc haha, I just think all the evidence points to him being very proud of his name.

8 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

The song first came out in 1967, Billie was born in 1972

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

The song first came out in 1967, Billie was born in 1972

Ah, the one I had seen came out in November 1972! I'll get my coat.... 

This is intended for anyone that is around 18-22 at most.

It is a paid internship for Crush Management (Green Day's new management under Jonathan Daniels) and also Panic at the Disco!, Weezer, Train, Courtney Love, Lykke Li, Travie McCoy/Gym Glass Heroes, Andrew McMahon, MAX, and Matt Nathanson so if giving away your time and you are graduating and are going to be near West Hollywood I think, then this is a FANTASTIC internship and if I was just getting started, I would jump all over it. 

I have a professional version of LinkedIn so I am not sure this will work but I am trying to embed the code for the link.  Otherwise, just go search for it. I promise Crush is looking for a fall intern right now.  GO GET IT!

EDIT: Ugh, I can't embed the link but here, try this direct link.  Good luck.  Currently there is only 11 applicants.  From the pro version I can see certain things like 83% of the applicants have a BA (which you would think since it's an internship) and also 10 of the 11 or so are all from Los Angeles.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/799139649

18 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

This is intended for anyone that is around 18-22 at most.

It is a paid internship for Crush Management (Green Day's new management under Jonathan Daniels) and also Panic at the Disco!, Weezer, Train, Courtney Love, Lykke Li, Travie McCoy/Gym Glass Heroes, Andrew McMahon, MAX, and Matt Nathanson so if giving away your time and you are graduating and are going to be near West Hollywood I think, then this is a FANTASTIC internship and if I was just getting started, I would jump all over it. 

I have a professional version of LinkedIn so I am not sure this will work but I am trying to embed the code for the link.  Otherwise, just go search for it. I promise Crush is looking for a fall intern right now.  GO GET IT!

EDIT: Ugh, I can't embed the link but here, try this direct link.  Good luck.  Currently there is only 11 applicants.  From the pro version I can see certain things like 83% of the applicants have a BA (which you would think since it's an internship) and also 10 of the 11 or so are all from Los Angeles.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/799139649

Loos like it’s unpaid from the ad

On 8/12/2018 at 6:07 PM, Hermione said:

I don't know about the baby but Billie loves his name, he might pretend he doesn't but he's obsessed with talking about it and easily could've just gone by Bill or Billy if he wanted to so I think he clearly does :P. I think most people with unusual names like having them but even if she doesn't she could just go by Emilie when she's older if she prefers.

Or even just Em?

5 hours ago, desertrose said:

2 of those are wrong, one of those images is from Geek Stink Breath but it said it was longview. Then there's an image from Longview but they don't give that as an option!

• Like 3

A group of Gregorian chanters put their skill and talent to good use by recording a truly haunting rendition of Green Day's 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams' 

• Like 1

@Grubby Poop did you purchase the checkered cat hoodie.  Do you think I should order a small or extra small?  

I feel Im too old for the AI backpack - but I love it & want it😘

Im getting the camping mug.

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There’s notebooks too. Looks like back to school merch:

That' really proves Im too old for the backpack😅

• Haha 1

The idea of a Kerplunk or American Idiot backpack is awesome but......they're just men's backpacks in ugly boring colours with a small GD/AI patch stuck on them??? Could've been great with the album designs and colours they had to work with, 0/10

Also I've said it before but why does Green Day design virtually all their merch with men and not women in mind? Like, they have a pretty large proportion of female fans no? Why not cater to them at all?

Notebooks are cool though I'll give them that 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Loos like it’s unpaid from the ad

Which is the most common for interns most interns do it for school/college credits or to gain experience and hopefully hired into a paid position 

Wow those bags are terrible. I have so many GD patches I'll make my own thanks.