Random Green Day News

Hermione

1 hour ago, emenius said:

I wonder whether we may be more likely to hear the track now....a posthumous album of unreleased tracks is very likely....no guarantee he was ever going to release it when he was alive.

Dunno posthumous albums aren’t always promised 

15 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Don’t know where to really post this but looks like we won’t hear a studio version of the song Billie did with Avicii

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/dance/8358389/avicii-dead-tim-bergling

Holy shit I hadn't heard, this is really sad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Don’t know where to really post this but looks like we won’t hear a studio version of the song Billie did with Avicii

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/dance/8358389/avicii-dead-tim-bergling

Holy shit, I didn’t even know about this song (called: ‘’No Pleasing A Woman’’ apparently). Can’t say I was ever really a fan of Avicii, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the occasional song. Sad thing that...

5 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Holy shit, I didn’t even know about this song (called: ‘’No Pleasing A Woman’’ apparently). Can’t say I was ever really a fan of Avicii, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the occasional song. Sad thing that...

Here's the clip of it that came out (from a live performance I believe)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, after it was mentioned, I looked it up and found that version. I think it was recorded at a gig or something...

I saw "posthumous release" and I freaked.  I thought something had happened to Billie for a second.  I wonder if he and Billie spend any time together.  Billie had gotten cleaned up by 2014 when that song was news.   

I saw where Serj Tankian was also supposed to appear on the record.   The guy drank himself to death at 28, that is truly sad. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

It's strange, but the FB page seems to have disappeared. I can't find it anymore. I clicked "like" two days ago and it was definitely still there yesterday. :(

No it’s there. I just checked it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No it’s there. I just checked it. 

Hm okay, my settings must be messed up or something.

Green Day's iconic and beloved first tour bus, the "Bookmobile," will hit the road for the first time in 25 years by retracing the original first Dookie tour route from February 15 - April 9 and cover approximately 11,863 miles and 45 cities in 58 days. There are no "tickets" for sale but donations are accepted at the link below to help cover expenses. Kickstarter coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/gdbookmobile/events/

• Like 3

That is a beautiful house. I wish they'd stop selling their damn houses bc all it does is make me jealous.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

That is a beautiful house. I wish they'd stop selling their damn houses bc all it does is make me jealous.:lol:

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Looks like Tre's following Billie and Mike in selling his place in Newport Beach.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/26/green-day-drummer-tre-cool-selling-newport-beach-duplex-for-1-8-million/

For an investment property that’s not much of a return if he paid 1.6 in 2007. I wonder how many investment properties they  have and why they decide to sell them when they do. 

25 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

Green Day fans have launched a campaign to get their 2004 anthem 'American Idiot' to number one to coincide with President Donald Trump’s visit this summer.

https://planetradio.co.uk/kerrang/entertainment/music/green-day-number-one-donald-trump/

Was already posted a couple of posts up, I've now split it into its own thread so we can carry on discussing it there:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Was already posted a couple of posts up, I've now split it into its own thread so we can carry on discussing it there:

Oh sorry! i didn't noticed that. My fault!!