Random Green Day News

Hermione

10 Best Green Day Songs

Since their 1994 breakout album 'Dookie,' Green Day have been several things: old-school punk torchbearers, new-school punk pioneers, upholders of the rock opera, rock 'n' roll saviors and the band that does that song that you've heard at every high school graduation ceremony over the past decade. But most of all, they've been three bratty kids from California who've managed to unite old and young rock fans with their songs for 20 years now. Here's our list of the 10 Best Green Day Songs.

http://diffuser.fm/best-green-day-songs/

On 5/27/2017 at 3:34 PM, desertrose said:

10 Best Green Day Songs

Since their 1994 breakout album 'Dookie,' Green Day have been several things: old-school punk torchbearers, new-school punk pioneers, upholders of the rock opera, rock 'n' roll saviors and the band that does that song that you've heard at every high school graduation ceremony over the past decade. But most of all, they've been three bratty kids from California who've managed to unite old and young rock fans with their songs for 20 years now. Here's our list of the 10 Best Green Day Songs.

http://diffuser.fm/best-green-day-songs/

this my top ten:

1.She

2.Whatsername

3. Basket case.

4. Welcome to P

5. Waiting

6. Christine Road

7. redundant

8.Stop Red-light flash

9. Nice guys finish last

10. Oh Love

There was a story on our local news yesterday about a young man that was about to graduate from Hunter College.  He was on the subway, in his cap and gown, going to the graduation when the subway train broke down.  He was stuck on the train for 3 hours and missed his graduation.  The subway car decided to have his graduation in the train.  He had brought a portable speaker and he planned to play a song as he walked up to get his diploma.  So, he played it on the subway instead.  It was Good Riddance.

#freepublicity

• Like 2

1994: The 40 Best Records From Mainstream Alternative's Greatest Year

1. Green Day, 'Dookie'

If Pearl Jam were too epic was for you, Nirvana too oblique, if your suburban teen inertia sprang from tedium not trauma — well, these nagging brats were here to spill hair dye on your living room carpet. Tré Cool's stop-start drum swats, Mike Dirnt's back-talk bass melodies, Billie Joe Armstong's nuanced machine-gun chording — each element in these 15 simple little tunes (save the goof bonus track) had a twitchy precision that'd get a fancier band called "arty." The noodling bass line for "Longview" may be Mingus compared to the heavy-thumbed pulse Dee Dee Ramone bequeathed to punk's low-end, but it's also every bit as aimless as a song about jerking off in front of the TV demands. "Basketcase" belittles its own stoner panic, "When I Come Around" is a punchy shrug of lovers' squabble, and the fierce sweep of "Welcome to Paradise" hints at the rock operas to come once they grew up to become a fancier, even artier band. Keith Harris

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/1994-the-40-best-records-from-mainstream-alternatives-greatest-year-20140417/beastie-boys-ill-communication-19691231

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

There was a story on our local news yesterday about a young man that was about to graduate from Hunter College.  He was on the subway, in his cap and gown, going to the graduation when the subway train broke down.  He was stuck on the train for 3 hours and missed his graduation.  The subway car decided to have his graduation in the train.  He had brought a portable speaker and he planned to play a song as he walked up to get his diploma.  So, he played it on the subway instead.  It was Good Riddance.

#freepublicity

up until you mentioned Good Riddance I was pretty sure you were talking about an episode of Full House haha

Sound Legacy interview with Tre (sorry if this has been posted elsewhere) 

11 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Bobd is featured on here 

This was hard to watch tho 😑

I think it's funny that people really latched into that tweet Billie wrote about destroying pop punk... im like he says way crazier shit guys, and actually means it!

• Like 3

Coldplay :lol::lol:  I like the guy at 1.10, 'all the 2000s were just like this, like duuuuuh'. Touché.

• Like 1

HOward just played Brain Stew as his introduction to Kevin Hart.  I'm not sure how Brain Stew and Kevin Hart fit, but who cares.  Howard played Brain Stew 

• Like 1

Well that's not bad! Good to see people representing Insomniac even if Green Day aren't right now. Were you ticked at all it was an Insomniac track?

1 hour ago, St. Jonny said:

Well that's not bad! Good to see people representing Insomniac even if Green Day aren't right now. Were you ticked at all it was an Insomniac track?

No, it is one of the 2 Insomniac tracks I like

Check out the thread RevRad commercial success and promotion - does anyone here on the forum know why Warnes Bros won't give permission to upload live footage from the Revrad tour to Youtube? Like why?? 

39 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Check out the thread RevRad commercial success and promotion - does anyone here on the forum know why Warnes Bros won't give permission to upload live footage from the Revrad tour to Youtube? Like why?? 

If you mean the official videos on tv shows and stuff like that, I guess the problem had to be with the tv shows right's owners, and not with warner, otherwise fan recordings wouldn't be allowed too

16 hours ago, Welshy said:

Bobd is featured on here 

This was hard to watch tho 😑

Is it bad that I knew every song and every artist? :ermm:

That Eric guy was literally me though - jamming to all the songs, while all of my friends don't know any of them. :lol:

10 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

No, it is one of the 2 Insomniac tracks I like

Which ones are they again:lol::mad:

7 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Which ones are they again:lol::mad:

You are supposed to know these things.  :mad:

Spoiler

Brain Stew and Stuart and the Ave.  I used to like the intro to Panic Song but the last few times I listened to it, it started to annoy me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Hide contents

I used to like the intro to Panic Song but the last few times I listened to it, it started to annoy me. 

Despite this - I still love you.

• Like 1

The tattooed US musicians strolled astonishingly through the old town of Bern. Under the arbours they went shopping souvenirs, then they took pictures of the Chindlifrässer fountain.
80 million albums

To strengthen them, they entered the restaurant Harmonie near the Zytglogge. During her walk, singer Billie Joe Armstrong (45) and drummer Tré Cool (44) remained almost unrecognized. This surprise, too, must have been pleasant for the success rocker, who sold 80 million albums during her career. So hard, the hard guys did not look long.
Open Air Greenfield

Wonderful, Green Day had to go back to the electro guitars last night! And at the Open Air Greenfield, the fans of the Open Air Greenfield, with a turbulent stage show and Radau anthems such as "American Idiot", "Bang Bang" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", provided unforgettable moments of ecstasy.

https://www.blick.ch/people-tv/international/us-punkrocker-als-touristen-in-bern-green-day-machen-blau-id6813414.html

Green-Day013.jpg

Green-Day018.jpg

Green-Day017.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, desertrose said:

The tattooed US musicians strolled astonishingly through the old town of Bern. Under the arbours they went shopping souvenirs, then they took pictures of the Chindlifrässer fountain.
80 million albums

To strengthen them, they entered the restaurant Harmonie near the Zytglogge. During her walk, singer Billie Joe Armstrong (45) and drummer Tré Cool (44) remained almost unrecognized. This surprise, too, must have been pleasant for the success rocker, who sold 80 million albums during her career. So hard, the hard guys did not look long.
Open Air Greenfield

Wonderful, Green Day had to go back to the electro guitars last night! And at the Open Air Greenfield, the fans of the Open Air Greenfield, with a turbulent stage show and Radau anthems such as "American Idiot", "Bang Bang" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", provided unforgettable moments of ecstasy.

https://www.blick.ch/people-tv/international/us-punkrocker-als-touristen-in-bern-green-day-machen-blau-id6813414.html

Gotta love Google translate. :lol:

Damn, Green Day in my home country, so weird! I also remember seeing Adrienne posting a picture of Zurich, when they were here. So surreal to think they were in the same town as me! 

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News