Random Green Day News

Hermione

1 hour ago, MaraGreenDay said:

"I saw somebody say the other day, "They played a couple of covers when they should have squeezed in some more of their old catalog, but I guess it's OK since they did 33 songs." Fuck you. Who plays 33 songs? Not to mention, some of those songs are seven and nine minutes long. Come on, man. Give me a break here."

I love Mike so much :lol:

Me too :lol: I also liked this answer: 

"This band has never mailed it in, to our detriment at times, too. There were times, I mean, Uno/Dos/Tré ... I don't know what people thought about them critically, but I listened to them the other night and they're fucking great. I don't care what anybody thinks. It's a lot to absorb at one time. But they are there for new Green Day fans to discover, or even old Green Day fans. Warning was looked at back in the day like, "What the hell are you doing?" It wasn't a success, but now it's the favorite record of so many Green Day fans."

:happy: 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marki. said:

Me too :lol: I also liked this answer: 

"This band has never mailed it in, to our detriment at times, too. There were times, I mean, Uno/Dos/Tré ... I don't know what people thought about them critically, but I listened to them the other night and they're fucking great. I don't care what anybody thinks. It's a lot to absorb at one time. But they are there for new Green Day fans to discover, or even old Green Day fans. Warning was looked at back in the day like, "What the hell are you doing?" It wasn't a success, but now it's the favorite record of so many Green Day fans."

:happy: 

Loved that part too cause I love the trilogy so much :wub:

• Like 1

I like that they admit the Trilogy wasn't necessarily the greatest, but I appreciate that they still like it because I was stoked about it when it released. And despite popular opinion, I love Uno! 

5 hours ago, kaylubd said:

New Green Day interview with Rolling Stone. Not sure if its the same one in their current issue:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/green-day-on-trump-american-idiot-bands-future-w473166

from Billie:

"Sometimes I have to get a B12 shot just to keep up," he says. "But I actually have more energy now than ever. I have a sense of gratitude every night and I feel like I'm making an impact beyond just playing my guitar. It's giving people an experience whether it's political or musical."

he is getting old on me..and he takes B12? me too..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

from Billie:

"Sometimes I have to get a B12 shot just to keep up," he says. "But I actually have more energy now than ever. I have a sense of gratitude every night and I feel like I'm making an impact beyond just playing my guitar. It's giving people an experience whether it's political or musical."

he is getting old on me..and he takes B12? me too..

That actually made me stop reading and go "really?" But hey, whatever. Nothing wrong with that :lol: 

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

That actually made me stop reading and go "really?" But hey, whatever. Nothing wrong with that :lol: 

we are same ages..I can't believed..first time I like someone is same age as me..:dance:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

I thought that was a pretty nice interview! Love that they're so positive about the Trilogy and have pretty straight forward reasons for not playing any of the songs right now. Gives me hope for future shows, and I think it's admirable (perhaps mainly for Billie) to be able to look back at a something that came out of a less than perfect time of your life and still not feel in the least apologetic about it, even have pride in it. If that makes sense.

And this is just beautiful:

I have nothing to prove. I just want to follow the music. I love making records. I love playing live. That's it. There's nothing outside of that. I look forward to the weirdness that's in front of us every day (...) I don't really give a fuck about the mainstream. The mainstream doesn't offer me anything. Why would I offer it anything? I love the world I have. I love the sort of subculture that Green Day represents.

this is beautiful.

I love all of Trilogy album..My fave is dos..(which I mention few times already!)..

Green Day Is Not Too Thrilled About the Oakland Raiders Relocating to Las Vegas

The members of Green Day are none too happy to be losing their home town football team, the Oakland Raiders, to Las Vegas. The group performed in Detroit on Monday night (March 27), just hours after National Football League owners approved the Raiders' decision to move to Sin City, where a new stadium is being built to house it.

On stage at Joe Louis Arena, Billie Joe Armstrong told the crowd, "We come from the 'Detroit of California' -- only we no longer have a football team." Armstrong added a quick, "F--k Las Vegas!," complaining about "goddamn pumpkin pie hair" and other inaudible grumbles. He then promised the 13,000 fans that "I'm rooting for the (Detroit) Lions from now on!"

Green Day hails from the Oakland side of the Bay Area, where the group got its start as part of the fertile Gilman Street scene during the late 80s and early 90s. The Raiders are scheduled to move to Las Vegas for the 2019 or 2020 season; The team had previously relocated to Los Angeles from 1982-1995. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7743379/green-day-oakland-raiders-relocating-las-vegas-reaction-detroit-show

2 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I am sorry but what GD got do with Football?..what they fan of games?

and JOE Louis Arena..;)

They are all huge football fans, of the team the Oakland Raiders.  It was just announced this week that the Oakland Raiders are going to move to Las Vegas.  So, the band is not happy.

• Like 1

10 Best Hard Rock Albums of 1997

2. Green Day, 'Nimrod'

Green Day were bursting at the seams with new material after the monster success of their 'Dookie' album. But with a rather gigantic track listing, there's some hits and some misses. Luckily, the hits were plenty as the Rob Cavallo-produced effort yielded such radio favorites as "Hitchin' a Ride," "Redundant," "Nice Guys Finish Last" and the inescapable ballad "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)." The double-platinum 'Nimrod' also included such stellar deep cuts as "The Grouch," "King for a Day" and the instrumental "Last Ride In."

http://loudwire.com/best-hard-rock-albums-1997/

• Like 1

Wake Me Up when September Ends; BOBD is Boulevard of Broken Dreams; AAF is Aweome As Fuck; BIAB is Bullet In A Bible, there are loads more, you'll get them the more you get familiar with the band and songs, I say that as I think you are quite new here, sorry if that's wrong! And welcome if right :)

• Like 1

Which rockers went to Pinole Valley High? Five…

Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt of Grammy-winning punk rock band Green Day attended the school in the late 1980s and early 1990s. You can find a YouTube video here of the two playing at the school in 1990. The band was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2015.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/03/03/five-things-you-may-not-know-about-pinole-valley-high-school-including-which-legendary-rockers-went-there/

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 3:31 PM, Caroline Truong said:

what is WMUWSE?

how about Nice guys finish last?..i love the video.

You're new here aren't ya- Oh yeah, GDCers love their acronyms :lol:

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News