Random Green Day News

Hermione

This Is What Green Day’s ‘Basket Case’ Would Sound Like As A Skate Punk Song

Do you have the time to listen to a skate punk take on Green Day's 'Basket Case'?

Awesome. Well, YouTuber and drummer extraordinaire Kye Smith has made that a reality with his new overplayed drum cover.

http://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/this-is-what-green-days-basket-case-would-sound-like-as-a-skate-punk-song?utm_content=buffere1b4f

Tattoo Queen Kat Von D On Inking Lemmy, Green Day & Dave Grohl

“I love Billie. I met him through tattooing so we did almost like a half sleeve on him, and I tattooed Tre [Cool, Green Day drummer] as well. I just saw Billie Joe a few months ago – we’ve both working on this thing called Project Chimps, it’s chimp sanctuary volunteering. So we spent, like, a couple days with him and his wife. He’s just a great guy. Their new album’s gonna kill it.”

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/tattoo-queen-kat-von-d-on-lemmy-green-day-and-1188373#L9m9459IX88pufZt.99

PREVIEW: Access All Areas: Photographs by Paul Harries, Proud Camden

https://lovelondonloveculture.com/2017/02/20/preview-access-all-areas-photographs-by-paul-harries-proud-camden/

green-day.jpg?w=1200

• Like 2

Amy Mahoney

Yesterday

Green day documentary is being shot this week by Spotify. They came to interview my son.. The kid who got buddy! It comes out in a couple of months!

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 11:57 PM, desertrose said:
Amy Mahoney

Yesterday

Green day documentary is being shot this week by Spotify. They came to interview my son.. The kid who got buddy! It comes out in a couple of months!

Is Turn it Around: The Story of East Bay Punk the documentary?

Edited by Hermione
Please remove videos from quotes

16 hours ago, desertrose said:
Amy Mahoney

Yesterday

Is this a new documentary?! It says by Spotify :o

Angst, anthems and teen heartbreak: a super-producer on how to write a pop-punk hit

Green Day and Blink-182 producer and Goldfinger frontman John Feldmann’s pointers for penning a moshpit classic

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/feb/27/pop-punk-how-to-write-john-feldmann-green-day-blink-182?CMP=twt_gu

Has anyone seen this heinous article yet? So many things wrong with this, I hope you don't mind if I go on a tangent about it (mods, feel free to remove if you find it to be too long, cumbersome, or off-topic):

1. Green Day has never written, produced, or worked in the slightest on any songs with John Feldmann. Almost three-quarters of their discography since moving to Reprise has been produced by Rob Cavallo; the only other producers they've worked with have been either themselves or Butch Vig.

2. That picture of Blink they have in the article, they didn't even get the drummer's name right in the caption. That is clearly not a photo with Travis Barker in it; it's an old photo of Blink back when Scott Raynor was their drummer. Also, Blink's "I Miss You" is not in a minor key. The song was written and has always been performed in B major.

3. Nirvana was not a mopey and dopey kind of band like John Feldspar says in the article; it's been well-documented in books, TV, and film that Kurt, Krist, and Dave actually had a pretty fun and goofy sense of humor that not a lot of people saw very often. And apart from Kurt's fierce position on feminism and women's rights, they weren't political at all with their music. Especially not anarchistic or nihilistic; grunge was by-and-large more apathetic than anything.

And most importantly, 4. this whole article treats pop-punk as just a passing or past musical trend or style that you can make millions of dollars on and it's giving you the "secret" formula on how to do that. Pop-punk isn't just some sort of cash cow, and the bands who treat it as such are seen as a sick joke and a disgrace to the genre. And frankly, why you're interviewing John Foldingchair, the man who's been responsible for some of the shittiest music claiming to be pop-punk in recent memory (he name-dropped Good Charlotte like it was a good thing, not to mention he's also produced shameful records from Ashlee Simpson, Plain White T's, All Time Low, and 5 Seconds of Summer), is beyond me.

Pop-punk shouldn't be a formula that you follow in order to sell millions of albums and change from being snotty immature brats to being RICH snotty immature brats. Pop punk is an umbrella term that encompasses a lot more than the shlock that's been coming out lately: it can be something that's accessible but still street-worthy like Blink's Enema Of The State, or more underground and hardcore like Descendents' Milo Goes To College, or dark and brooding like Alkaline Trio's Good Mourning, or anthemic like American Idiot, and many more styles apart from those. But it has to come from a real place and it has to be honest. That's what gets the most attention and (if you're really that concerned about it) the most sales. Speaking the truth and being damn good at it. Some of the worst pop-punk albums are bad because they're not genuine or honest, and they don't try at all to disguise the fact that they're bullshit and just trying to cash in. If bands like Green Day, Blink, Alkaline Trio, Sum 41, AFI, Inward Eye, Against Me!, and so many of my other favorite punk/pop-punk bands have taught me anything, it's to write songs that come from a real and honest place in your life, and just write what comes from the heart. That's what gets people inspired and gets people moving.

Sorry for the long rant, but this one just really got under my skin. And I hate that John Feelsupmen guy so much, I don't care what "famous" band he was in.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

Angst, anthems and teen heartbreak: a super-producer on how to write a pop-punk hit

Green Day and Blink-182 producer and Goldfinger frontman John Feldmann’s pointers for penning a moshpit classic

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/feb/27/pop-punk-how-to-write-john-feldmann-green-day-blink-182?CMP=twt_gu

Has anyone seen this heinous article yet? So many things wrong with this, I hope you don't mind if I go on a tangent about it (mods, feel free to remove if you find it to be too long, cumbersome, or off-topic):

I came across this article too and I was wondering where they got their infos from. So strange! :lol: I really like Goldfinger's music, but this is just utterly weird.

Who didn't know American Idiot was about Bush? They made it clear several times. 

1 minute ago, kaylubd said:

Who didn't know American Idiot was about Bush? They made it clear several times. 

You know that's a fake article, right?  Even if it does address info we all assumed anyway.

21 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

You know that's a fake article, right?  Even if it does address info we all assumed anyway.

Makes sense now. Thanks! :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Oh. It didn't sound like Billie Joe at all to me, but I just hadn't thought it could be fake. Is it definitely fake then?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Oh. It didn't sound like Billie Joe at all to me, but I just hadn't thought it could be fake. Is it definitely fake then?

Clickhole is a satirical/spoof website, so yes. The article would be kinda funny if it wasn't for all the non-fans who will assume it does sound like ~Billy Jo~ :(

• Like 1

Just now, herewegoagain said:

Clickhole is a satirical/spoof website, so yes. The article would be kinda funny if it wasn't for all the non-fans who will assume it does sound like ~Billy Jo~ :(

Yeah I'm reading about that now. Also I'm reading the text more in depth now and it's totally imposible it's Billie Joe! But I saw people share this on Facebook this morning and I don't think they were laughing about it. I don't think it's even funny? I guess it does work as an "online social experience filled with the most clickable, irresistibly shareable content".

23 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't realize it was fake :lol:

Break it Down Show‏ @BreakItDownshow  13 Jan 2015

Today @jonleonguerrero and @PeteATurner sit with @scottpelky backstage manager for Rock n' Roll HoF bands @TheEaglesBand and @GreenDay

scroll down to episode 53 (part 1) and 54 (part 2) for Scott Pelkley

http://www.breakitdownshow.com/episodes---page-3.html

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News