Random Green Day News

Hermione

usually the person to induct someone into the hall of fame is someone inspired by that person/band. Usually a younger band. I could see maybe blink-182 or all time low.

No, not Blink-182.

• Like 1

Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp are good friends though. :)

What makes you think Depp or Springsteen wouldn't be willing to do it?

But yeah I think Alice Cooper would be a good choice. Or Metallica!

I already knew Johnny and Alice were friends :P Doesn't mean they see eye-to-eye on taste... Johnny Depp *played* with Mumford & Sons and we all just saw how Alice feels about them :lol:

usually the person to induct someone into the hall of fame is someone inspired by that person/band. Usually a younger band. I could see maybe blink-182 or all time low.

It's often someone younger but I hate the idea of any of the bands that were allegedly influenced by Green Day (of which there are many) inducting them. I guess Blink or MCR would be cool at least because they actually *know* the guys. But it doesn't necessarily have to be a inspiree who does it... like I don't think Green Day was particularly influenced by Guns N Roses but they did that. Springsteen inducted U2 and I feel like they're more contemporaries than inspirations to each other. The Rock Hall pulls a lot of random shit too with regards to this. I suppose you could say Blink is more a contemporary to Green Day than an inspiree, because even though they were newer and Dookie fans, they had their own sound. As long as I don't have to see Sum 41 or Good Charlotte up there I'm OK :lol:

I do wonder if they ask the inductee band or artist "Who would you like to see induct you/would be willing to do it/would do a good job?" It's not like the Hall knows who Green Day's friends are necessarily :lol: I wonder how Iggy felt about Billie Joe up there. I'm sure they're friendly but there would be in Iggy's mind, a ton of musicians that he was closer with and more inspirational to him (not to mention better public speakers :P ) So I guess that's just karma... for all the shitty inductions Billie has put people through, maybe Green Day will get someone mute up there to talk about them :lol: (Naw, they did OK for GNR)

Two years away.

In the mean time I want to see who gets to induct Nirvana next year.

• Like 3

I already knew Johnny and Alice were friends :P Doesn't mean they see eye-to-eye on taste... Johnny Depp *played* with Mumford & Sons and we all just saw how Alice feels about them :lol:

It's often someone younger but I hate the idea of any of the bands that were allegedly influenced by Green Day (of which there are many) inducting them. I guess Blink or MCR would be cool at least because they actually *know* the guys. But it doesn't necessarily have to be a inspiree who does it... like I don't think Green Day was particularly influenced by Guns N Roses but they did that. Springsteen inducted U2 and I feel like they're more contemporaries than inspirations to each other. The Rock Hall pulls a lot of random shit too with regards to this. I suppose you could say Blink is more a contemporary to Green Day than an inspiree, because even though they were newer and Dookie fans, they had their own sound. As long as I don't have to see Sum 41 or Good Charlotte up there I'm OK :lol:

I do wonder if they ask the inductee band or artist "Who would you like to see induct you/would be willing to do it/would do a good job?" It's not like the Hall knows who Green Day's friends are necessarily :lol: I wonder how Iggy felt about Billie Joe up there. I'm sure they're friendly but there would be in Iggy's mind, a ton of musicians that he was closer with and more inspirational to him (not to mention better public speakers :P ) So I guess that's just karma... for all the shitty inductions Billie has put people through, maybe Green Day will get someone mute up there to talk about them :lol: (Naw, they did OK for GNR)

Two years away.

I think Pearl Jam would be cool for Nirvana :)

But yeah I agree with your earlier post, if Dave Grohl would be the presenter I would be unbelievably happy! It makes more sense for them to have a contemporary introduce them, but I really don't want to see some early-2000s punk band introduce them :P

• Like 1

holy crap! I didn't know Nirvana was getting inducted next year :shok::happy:

As long as it's not friggen Courtney Love, I'm good with whoever gets to induct them :) (Though I would love it if Eddie Vedder would be able to do it since they were friends as far as I know, and I'm a Pearl Jam fan as well- so two birds, one stone! :wub:)

• Like 1

Johnny also played with Marilyn Manson and they're best friends...I dunno...I can see him inducting Green Day, especially if his kids like them :P

As long as it's not friggen Courtney Love, I'm good with whoever gets to induct them :) (Though I would love it if Eddie Vedder would be able to do it since they were friends as far as I know, and I'm a Pearl Jam fan as well- so two birds, one stone! :wub:)

Nirvana is ELIGIBLE next year, no guarantees yet. (But probably. And I think Pearl Jam makes sense.)

Johnny also played with Marilyn Manson and they're best friends...I dunno...I can see him inducting Green Day, especially if his kids like them :P

Johnny Depp is an old soul and probably a punk snob to boot, he's a big Sex Pistols/Clash/Ramones/Iggy fan and probably thinks Green Day are too poppy.

But anyway, he doesn't know them so it would be random as fuck.

Nirvana is ELIGIBLE next year, no guarantees yet. (But probably. And I think Pearl Jam makes sense.)

Johnny Depp is an old soul and probably a punk snob to boot, he's a big Sex Pistols/Clash/Ramones/Iggy fan and probably thinks Green Day are too poppy.

But anyway, he doesn't know them so it would be random as fuck.

Hmmm good point...maybe I'm just hoping he would do it because hey it's Depp :shifty:

And Nirvana inducted please!! Also, The Cure. It's BS they got overlooked last year :dry:

Nirvana will be inducted without a doubt.

About who will induct Green Day, maybe All Time Low

• Like 1

I know people will hate it but I think it would be cool if Blink-182 inducted them. They're never shy about how much Green Day has inspired them, so I think it would be cool :)

• Like 3

I know people will hate it but I think it would be cool if Blink-182 inducted them. They're never shy about how much Green Day has inspired them, so I think it would be cool :)

It would be cool except Tom Delonge would make it all about himself.

I wouldn't mind if Mark Hoppus did it himself.

Actually Kurt slagged Pearl Jam as much as he could

He did dance with Eddie at the mtv awards and told Eddie he didnt hate him but hated his band but a few months later when they did Live and Loud he was making shots at Eddie again after Eddie was a no show (the Mtv show had Nirvana and Pearl Jam performing but Eddie claimed he had the flu and couldnt talk even tho he had performed the day before AND did a show the night after)

• Like 1

In that case, somebody should do a merge...

at least for the sake of us who don't believe in HoF..:P

So Green Day will be inducted next year then ?

If so then I would like Mark Hoppus to do it :)

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-

• Like 4

So Green Day will be inducted next year then ?

If so then I would like Mark Hoppus to do it :)

They'll be inducted for the 2014 but the ceremony wont be 2015

They'll be inducted for the 2014 but the ceremony wont be 2015

So we would find out like.... middle of 2014?

Will Ferrell could do it. If Billie Joe performs at his Mark Twain thing, Will could do their induction :lol: (Chris Rock inducted the Beastie Boys for crying out loud)

• Like 2

i didnt want to say it but you never know. its just people associate all time low with green day too much. maybe ill induct green day...

yeah i'll induct green day

• Like 1

Looks like Alice Cooper likes Green Day and Foo Fighters a lot! :lol: I like him too, not only because he likes GD, and I admit I haven't heard much of his music =/ but I saw him several times talking in rocks shows on vh1+ and he seems a nice guy! And also he played golf with Tré :happy:

I don't really know who could induct the boys, but he could do it.

If anyone says one more thing about inducting Green Day, I will activate my emergency mod powers and ban you for 3 weeks

If anyone says one more thing about inducting Green Day, I will activate my emergency mod powers and ban you for 3 weeks

Watch out everybody! :P

but why is that? does it bothers you?

I don't even know where that came from anyway, I haven't seen anything related to that after the NME article! :lol:

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News