Random Green Day News

Hermione

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

New interview with Ryan Baxley on the album art and videos:

https://www.wired.cz/clanky/the-american-dream-is-killing-me-interview-with-director-ryan-baxley?fbclid=PAAaaTPBVigUomYaGnMnSl3Oxajn5A-LuZ6LqYSK21szkrsf2AYQjjT1Dtg30_aem_AWU3QjkvwEyMOjEtUo3t1uak_QO209GobwS30tTPCAgZp1HzQAWE0NpBxnV6KjCymjI

Good read and I particularly liked this insight:

“Each video also serves as a way to represent different aspects of the band. “American Dream” is their more artistic, conceptual side. “Look Ma!” shows them as performers and proper rock stars. On the other side, “Dilemma” is their personal, honest side, and “Bobby Sox” finally shows their love for playing music and their love for their fans. So as a whole, you get a broad picture of who the band is at this time in their lives.”

Coma City video please and Father To a Son Suzie Chapsticks would make an interesting concept too

• Like 3

I skipped to the end to see what was Billie's position. C? I wonder if it's because of the stage antics? Or maybe not. IDFK.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:40 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

New interview with Ryan Baxley on the album art and videos:

https://www.wired.cz/clanky/the-american-dream-is-killing-me-interview-with-director-ryan-baxley?fbclid=PAAaaTPBVigUomYaGnMnSl3Oxajn5A-LuZ6LqYSK21szkrsf2AYQjjT1Dtg30_aem_AWU3QjkvwEyMOjEtUo3t1uak_QO209GobwS30tTPCAgZp1HzQAWE0NpBxnV6KjCymjI

Good read and I particularly liked this insight:

“Each video also serves as a way to represent different aspects of the band. “American Dream” is their more artistic, conceptual side. “Look Ma!” shows them as performers and proper rock stars. On the other side, “Dilemma” is their personal, honest side, and “Bobby Sox” finally shows their love for playing music and their love for their fans. So as a whole, you get a broad picture of who the band is at this time in their lives.”

If we got a proper video for One Eyed Bastard, it would be about how Billie Joe is a monster and will beat you to death in an alleyway if you owe him 2 dollars.  Haha  I'm still processing that I heard Finn Mckenty say Billie Joe isn't a great person to be around and that he doesn't want him at his BBQ.    And he used the iHeart freakout as evidence.   obviously nobody wants 2012 iHeart Billie at their party.  But everyday Billie, sure.    I'd grill for Bill.  

#grillforbill2024

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If we got a proper video for One Eyed Bastard, it would be about how Billie Joe is a monster and will beat you to death in an alleyway if you owe him 2 dollars.  Haha  I'm still processing that I heard Finn Mckenty say Billie Joe isn't a great person to be around and that he doesn't want him at his BBQ.    And he used the iHeart freakout as evidence.   obviously nobody wants 2012 iHeart Billie at their party.  But everyday Billie, sure.    I'd grill for Bill.  

#grillforbill2024

Finn said that? I wonder why. I know we don't know Billie personally but from what I've seen and heard from fan interactions he seems nice. Also, what context? When? I imagine if it was during the party years, then I can see how things can be different. 

17 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Finn said that? I wonder why. I know we don't know Billie personally but from what I've seen and heard from fan interactions he seems nice. Also, what context? When? I imagine if it was during the party years, then I can see how things can be different. 

He did a tier list of the worst and best frontpeople, it's pretty funny and he does praise Green Day quite a bit.  He just thinks that Billie isn't very nice, which is weird.   RIvers Cuomo and Trent Reznor get in, Avril doesn't because she could cause problems.  Haha

40 minutes ago, That Dude said:

#grillforbill2024

2012 was a different era for him. Any other year he is very nice. Finn needs more evidence than that one year 🙄. He is very caring for his fans from what I've seen.

• Like 2

I think a suzie chapstick video based around teen suicide could work let's say the beginning you have a teen sitting in their room at a desk texting out a suicide letter to a friend shadow of a gun appears loud bang phone zooms in on the cracked screen with the word sent cue a black and white Clip of Billie strumming the opening riff and the rest of the video could show the aftermath of what  happens when a person commits suicide how it affects the family,  friends, community, etc towards the end show a high school year book rapidly turning until the final page paused on a  silhouette of a picture profile with In loving memory of ? Sending a universal message this could be anybody no matter the race religion gender 

• Confused 1