Random Green Day News

Hermione

10 hours ago, The Insider said:

is that a pancake or gillet/crepe.  

Pancake toppings are pure maple syrup & berries😍

I guess it's technically a crepe then.

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wtf?!

Pancakes, butter, real maple syrup. Done.

Life gets boring if you only eat them sweet.

8 hours ago, Montclare said:

.And olives should never be allowed near any type of food, ever.

This is insulting.

6 hours ago, The Insider said:

that would make a yummy pizza☺️

I will try that out 

• Haha 1

A Chevrolet van previously owned by Billie (and accidentally bought by a NZ guy LOL) is up for sale, in case you don’t know how to spend $39,995 :D 

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/you-can-buy-a-1961-chevrolet-van-that-was-once-owned-by-green-days-billie-joe-armstrong/ 

Not sure how someone can accidentally bid on something like that :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, desertrose said:

Here is the link to bid if anyone interested!  LOL

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chevrolet/auction-2272876700.htm

Hubby wants this van! Told him no he can drool over the pictures.

I don't blame him - Billie Joe association aside, that is a beautiful '61 Greenbrier! How awesome would it be living the van life in a piece of Green Day memorabilia like that??

• Like 3

Ah yeah I noticed that on Trade me for awhile, forgot to post about it.  I would buy it if I had the money.

52 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

2012-08-20
Twelve years ago today.
Green Day are launching a special edition of 10 levels from the Angry Birds game, with group members in the form of green pigs. If you reach the 10th level you can hear a new song from Uno! (Troublemaker).

Troublemaker magically appeared in my Green Day radio on Apple Music today, and I was about to write something about that fucking game :S 

At the time I was so hungry for new songs that I almost liked it, but today I’m so glad they changed management :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

2012-08-20
Twelve years ago today.
Green Day are launching a special edition of 10 levels from the Angry Birds game, with group members in the form of green pigs. If you reach the 10th level you can hear a new song from Uno! (Troublemaker).

I always forget that this was a real thing. I considered playing Angry Birds for a hot minute just for this.

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Here it is so no one else has to scroll through the long article:

Cantiello: There was a stream of people coming down to do press after it, and I remember the All-American Rejects [singer] Tyson Ritter, and he was like, "Kanye's a jackass" or something -- like, "What the hell's he doing?" I remember Billie Joe from Green Day had strong words like, "What the hell was that? Let the girl have her moment!"

(and it says at the bottom that they reached out to him for comment)

Thanks my phone for some reason wasn’t letting me cut and paste that section 

@washedupemo

20h

The members of @greenday walked by me at work. They're still more punk than any of us.

• Like 1

@guyppendleton

·Aug 26

I met Mike Dirnt, the bassist in Green Day. My manager laid into him about not being an authorized user on the account. Once I told her who he was, she still didn’t care. Livid, he called “Bill” (The lead singer) who then authorized him on the account. Haha they hated us.

@AndrewBaggyT

·Jan 8

Spotted in #Manchester. The 14 year old me would appreciate this! #GreenDay

69137349_10220068581724250_7187959388575

6 minutes ago, desertrose said:

@guyppendleton

·Aug 26

I met Mike Dirnt, the bassist in Green Day. My manager laid into him about not being an authorized user on the account. Once I told her who he was, she still didn’t care. Livid, he called “Bill” (The lead singer) who then authorized him on the account. Haha they hated us.

What account this talking about? Hahaha this sounds like Mike tried to use Billie's card and then got all Karen about it

• Haha 4

Hot Milk’s Han Mee On The First Album She Fell In Love With: Green Day’s ‘Dookie’

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/hot-milks-han-mee-on-the-first-album-she-fell-in-love-with-green-days-dooki

Introducing Green Day-esque pop-punk act Television Supervision, watch music video for “Gimme A Girl”

https://dyingscene.com/news/introducing-green-day-esque-pop-punk-act-television-supervision-watch-music-video-for-gimme-a-girl/

The Amity Affliction’s Ahren Stringer: The 10 Songs That Changed My Life

Green Day – Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) (1997)

“Jeez, this horrible Green Day song was played at assembly every year when the seniors graduated from my school. I was actually a fan of Green Day before that. Dookie was an incredible record, but I’d moved on to heavier stuff by the time this came out. This song makes me cringe, even now.”

https://www.kerrang.com/features/the-amity-afflictions-ahren-stringer-the-10-songs-that-changed-my-life/