Random Green Day News

Hermione

40 minutes ago, scottnz6789 said:

I’ve course not but the anecdotal evidence we have at the moment appears he is doing well 😀 

Again, there's no evidence. You can't tell how someone is doing from photos. He's looked fine most of the time when he wasn't. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Again, there's no evidence. You can't tell how someone is doing from photos. He's looked fine most of the time when he wasn't. 

He didn’t look or act fine leading up to Trilogy and before he went to rehab. Dark circles around glassy-looking eyes, underweight, a very different personality than typical Billie. He did not look or seem physically or mentally healthy. 

56 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

He didn’t look or act fine leading up to Trilogy and before he went to rehab. Dark circles around glassy-looking eyes, underweight, a very different personality than typical Billie. He did not look or seem physically or mentally healthy. 

Nobody noticed anything wrong at the time though, no one was saying this. Only with hindsight. There's been many times he's had addiction and health problems since the beginning of Green Day's career, not only during the trilogy time. There's simply no point in speculating about his health at any given time.

The point is you can't judge someone's health one way or the other just by what you think you can tell by observing them. That's for him and his doctor to do. We don't need to try and do it here.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I still don't think anyone can be blamed for worrying but even if going further wasn't invasive, there's no point because unless he tells us, we won't know what's going on.

Agreed. I also don't think people can be blamed for worrying, you can't help how you feel, but it also has to be said that doesn't mean it's ok to have a big discussion speculating about Billie's past, present and future health. It's up to him whether to decide to share information relating to his health or addiction issues with us or not, not for us to try and figure out (which we wouldn't be able to do accurately anyway).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

That's true, but one doesn't get into that state overnight.

What I'm saying is, we know nothing so why pretend otherwise.

Wow, we're still talking about this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Wow, we're still talking about this?

We'll still talk about this 20 years after he dies of the old age. It seems to be everyone's favorite topic.

• Haha 3

I can't give two reactions to a comment, so I'll also leave this as well: :cry:

• Love 1

On 6/8/2013 at 5:21 AM, Hermione said:

We've closed the old Random Green Day News thread and here's a shiny new one. This time, please only use this thread to post the most teeny tiny, insignificant, truly "random" news, stuff that wouldn't get more than a couple of posts in response. Unless it fits that description, always make a thread for it! There's always room for new threads and we'd like to see lots of them being made so that more people hear about new articles, interviews, cool things etc and there's more space to discuss them.

To recap, if in doubt don't post here, make a thread. Thank you :D

Also please note: When posting an article don't just post a link with no description of what it is. Make sure to always include a few words to describe what the article is about and why Green Day is mentioned in it. 

Last but not least credit to @crock6000 for inventing and creating the original Random Green Day News thread :ga:

Saw a picture of Tre at my local record store, I'll see if I can nab a pic with it next time I'm there. It was from Rev Rad, I know that though.

Since there's a thread about the Dookie pedal I moved the video of Billie talking about it there. Nice find and definitely worth going and watching it:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thing is I think Brendon Urie has his own controversial views and issues. I remember them sparking off a while back when he announced his pansexuality. (Not as bad as Morrissey for sure, though!)

• Like 1

Yeah I think people would still have something to say about a Brendon Urie collab. I won't be surprised if it happens though. Seems like a Crush thing with them being introduced on New Year's Eve. I do like P!ATD's new stuff but I have no idea how this would sound. Could be amazing or awful.

• Like 1

They are managed by the same group (also appears to be the same overseer, Scott Nagelberg, based on insta follows from band & spouses and some of Scotts posts in late 2017). I'm not a Panic fan, but Brenden has a great voice and I think him and Billie Joe would mesh well together.

His collab with T Swift wasn't bad. Not my taste, but their voices sounded good together.

19 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Once he has collected all problematic collabs he will finally wipe out all the sjws in the universe 

He will melt the snowflakes with his laser eyes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

He will melt the snowflakes with his laser eyes 

He will finally have enough power to become Mecha-Armstrong, powerful enough to wipe out the universe with his bare laser eyes.

• Like 1