Random Green Day News

Hermione

28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Honestly, $15,000 is a lot for a guitar that has been smashed. Although idk how much gd were selling it for.

It was going for 15k originally so the seller looking like he just wanted to get his money back 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:52 AM, WhiteTim said:

It was going for 15k originally so the seller looking like he just wanted to get his money back 

I love GD but fuck I wouldn't pay $15K for a smashed guitar! :lol:

31 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I love GD but fuck I wouldn't pay $15K for a smashed guitar! :lol:

It just depends on the person’s idea of value is

if a person is a collector and they have money then that person may not view 15k as a bad buy or too much money like I collect certain items if I’m looking for something and I really want it then money isn’t an object* 

to a certain extent I won’t overpay if I know an item isn’t worth past the amount being offered

• Like 1

A Hip-Hop Outfit Have Copied Green Day’s Album Artwork

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/a-hip-hop-outfit-have-copied-green-days-album-artwork

Words from a Waldman: Ranking Green Day’s Discography

https://substreammagazine.com/2019/06/words-waldman-green-day/

Friday Top: 30 Greatest Bass Lines of All Time

16. Green Day - Longview

One of the breakthrough songs for Green Day, "Longview" features a well-known bass line by Mike Dirnt. The story goes that he came up with it one night while being high on LSD. But remember - drugs are bad, m'kay?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/friday_top_30_greatest_bass_lines_of_all_time-92322

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

Shakira being a Green Day fan makes my day!

Duet with Billie Joe, or a guest vocal on a Green Day song?  That would be kind of a cool combination.  

That's it, Shakira should join Green Day!  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Duet with Billie Joe, or a guest vocal on a Green Day song?  That would be kind of a cool combination.  

How many members does your Green Day have at this point? :lol: But for real if they did a song together it would be cool, she's quirky like them and it could totally work.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

How many members does your Green Day have at this point? :lol: But for real if they did a song together it would be cool, she's quirky like them and it could totally work.

I tried to find a mashup online, but there's just clips of her dancing while Green Day music plays over it.  But I could see them having a lot of laughs in a video together, and think maybe Green Day could make an interesting Colombian-styled song.   Hmm.

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I tried to find a mashup online, but there's just clips of her dancing while Green Day music plays over it.  But I could see them having a lot of laughs in a video together, and think maybe Green Day could make an interesting Colombian-styled song.   Hmm.

I’m not sure about a Colombian styled song but I think Billie and Shakira could sound pretty good together if she stopped that warbly over-singing thing she does. 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jengd said:

if she stopped that warbly over-singing thing she does. 😂

This is why i would not want their voices together. I can't stand her warbly singing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm stripping back my lineup.  With the addition of Shakira, Billie Joe could exit the band and everyone else could focus on other aspects of making music.  

Shakira - lead vocals and drums

Mike Dirnt on guitar, vocals  

Jason White on bass, vocals 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I'm stripping back my lineup.  With the addition of Shakira, Billie Joe could exit the band and everyone else could focus on other aspects of making music.  

Shakira - lead vocals and drums

Mike Dirnt on guitar, vocals  

Jason White on bass, vocals 

No.

How is this Green Day if Tre and Billie aren't in it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

No.

How is this Green Day if Tre and Billie aren't in it?

Mike and Jason are enough

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Not really a news, but Billie Joe's guitar at Rock n Roll Hall of Fame was shown with other artists artefacts to Simple Plan a week ago by the curator.

It's around 0:30.

15 hours ago, That Dude said:

Hips ain't lying. I want this shit to happen.

• Like 1

65285238_10156778707591785_6943567649125

1-2-3-4 Go! Records

Page Liked · 4 hrs ·

🎵How much is that Dookie in the window? 🎶

$21.99 for the standard edition and $23.99 for the picture disc! We’re open every day noon to 8pm slangin’ vinyl for your listening pleasure! #greenday #dookie #vinyl #recordstore #oakland

• Like 1

Mo‏ @Monique74277702 20 hours ago

Replying to @CyrusMMcQueen

When I used to work in a jewelry store on Haight Street back in the 90's, Billie Joe Armstrong (of Green Day), and Steven Tyler (yes - that Steven Tyler) breezed into the store. They didn't buy anything. lol

Console Pride 99% shipped!‏ @vaspider 20 hours ago

Replying to @TheSarcasmShow

Billie Joe Armstrong from @GreenDay gave me a shirt at a show in Bethlehem PA in 1992 or 1993 after I got kicked in the head by a dickhead who targeting femmes in the pit. I wore that shirt with pride (& Pride, he was one of the first out bi ppl I knew of) until it fell apart.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

http://lab.musixmatch.com/profanity_representative_artists/

Surprised Green Day are on this list to be honest.  Aside from a few songs, I'd consider Green Day to pretty family friendly. 

I guess there's quite a lot of bands who don't swear at all. Also I'm assuming they've only included the most popular mainstream artists. I was more surprised by Aerosmith but then I saw that they counted "lust" as swearing. And also I saw "coon" is one of the top words for the top country artist and was like wtf, but then realised it's obviously not the racial slur in the lyrics but the nickname for a raccoon. So maybe this list doesn't give that good a picture. Still I think Green Day would make the list in any case, they get quite a lot of bad words in.

• Like 2

Billie Joe has lost his voice. 

Not much info, he just appears to be a tad bit sick.  The video was of poparatzi harrassing him as he leaves the hospital.  Not a good article or video. 

EDIT:  looks like TMZ reposted a video from 2012 and google is advertising it as new.   Hard to tell because Billie looks exactly the same but yeah, I think we're good.  

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Billie Joe has lost his voice. 

Not much info, he just appears to be a tad bit sick.  The video was of poparatzi harrassing him as he leaves the hospital.  Not a good article or video. 

Are you talking about the video from literally like 7 years ago?

• Haha 1