Random Green Day News

Hermione

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

Sure, Billie and Mike have been making music together since 86'.  That's awesome.  But the band did not become "Green Day" until 1989, and we are quickly coming on what I believe to be the day that the name was changed!  

May 28th, 2019 will mark 30 YEARS OF GREEN DAY!!!! 

WOW! 

I wonder if they'll mark the date with something special.... Maybe an announcement 🤔😜🤣

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I wonder if Corbett is making a new GD documentary? I noticed that on one of the #billiejoescampfire videos posted on IG Corbett asked where they got the footage and asked them to send it to greendayearlydaysdocumentary@.gmail.com

This is exciting if he is. I would love something a little more comprehensive than the Spotify documentary which had great footage and band interviews but also some really random interviews and kind of a klunky ending.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Was that not how Turn It Around started off before it changed course?

It was meant to be a documentary on Green Day's beginnings then it turned out to be more about the scene as a whole...it might be they're still doing the one about themselves.

• Like 4

@Beerjeezus i saw this earlier (there's even more recent one about his PVHS concert post). Talk about click-baiting and SLOW news...

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Damn the headline was funny though :lol:

Edited by Hermione
Please remove images from quotes
  • Like 2

I split the 21st CB anniversary posts into their own thread:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Why Green Day's 'American Idiot' Is the Best Album of the 21st Century So Far

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/ugs_battle_royale_why_green_days_american_idiot_is_the_best_album_of_the_21st_century_so_far-91116

How Green Day Perfectly Captured The Feeling Of Surviving Modern Life On ‘21st Century Breakdown’

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/how-green-day-perfectly-captured-the-feeling-of-surviving-modern-life-on-21

R.I.P. Apple’s iTunes: Remembering the Best, Worst and Wackiest Moments

A failed Green Day anti-piracy ad and a forced U2 album are among most iconic events in the history of the now-retired iTunes

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/apple-itunes-boldest-wackiest-moments-844112/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=post+apple+itunes+boldest+wackiest+moments&utm_content=later-2456869

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

giphy.gif 

Well not quite, though it's still a lot for a battered guitar, smashed by Billie at a pop festival :lol:

• Haha 3

Stumbled across this on FB. In one of the paragraphs GD gets a small mention:

"I don’t know of any other bands that made it as big as Libido Boyz did, though several were very formative in the scene which revolved around basement shows, garage shows, Marti’s, YWCA, there was that empty storefront in the downtown mall that had a bunch of shows, there was even an epic show out at a farm where Green Day came to town and played on farm spools and a pick-up bed."

If anyone would like to read the full article you can find it here:

http://www.southernminnscene.com/punkato-how-mankato-became-a-paradise-for-punk-in-the-90s/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

ok so why is Mike doing a photo shoot with Malcolm McDowell??? As cool as that is, why?

The caption is “something brewing” so something for Oakland Coffee maybe or another business venture?

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, Beerjeezus said:

According to this post, Smash is for sale again

Well at least they didn’t mark it up same price as when GD was selling it 

I’m glad I didn’t see that was being resold until it was too late lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Well at least they didn’t mark it up same price as when GD was selling it 

I’m glad I didn’t see that was being resold until it was too late lol 

Honestly, $15,000 is a lot for a guitar that has been smashed. Although idk how much gd were selling it for.