Random Green Day News

Hermione

Sirius XM are going to be airing some GD archival concert recordings and playing from Dookie the whole weekend:

Link to listen here: https://player.siriusxm.com/welcome

Another tweet here from Rock Hall:

One from Amazon too:

I don't remember seeing this photo before.

Piece from Rock Sound here "With Dookie turning 25 this week we're looking back at some hidden gems from Green Day's early days":

• Like 3

Article from NME - "Green Day blamed someone surprising for Kurt Cobain's Death":

http://www.alternativenation.net/green-day-blamed-someone-surprising-for-kurt-cobain-death/

And from Kerrang - Dookie vs American Idiot: which is the best Green Day Album?:

https://www.kerrang.com/features/dookie-vs-american-idiot-which-is-the-best-green-day-album/

• Like 1

For the Spanish speakers on the forum, the following was a great summary of the inspiration behind "She".  It compiles all of Billie Joe's quotes regarding the song - and Amanda, the woman who inspired it - into one article. I wasn't aware of the VH1 interview from the year 2000, so reading Billie Joe's take on the songs dedicated to Amanda, as well as Adrienne's thoughts on them, was quite interesting.

http://culto.latercera.com/2019/02/01/green-day-she/

10 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Article from NME - "Green Day blamed someone surprising for Kurt Cobain's Death":

http://www.alternativenation.net/green-day-blamed-someone-surprising-for-kurt-cobain-death/

Was he "blaming" Maximum Rock n Roll/Tim Yohannon? I think that might've been some projecting going on :P 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Was he "blaming" Maximum Rock n Roll/Tim Yohannon? I think that might've been some projecting going on :P 

I agree. The article kind of felt like a conspiracy to me. :P

1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I agree. The article kind of felt like a conspiracy to me. :P

Yeah the article is clutching at straws to have a new reason for/person blamed for Cobain's death when Billie's comments were a non story really. But Billie being like "it's the person and magazine I happen to personally hate's fault" was kind of silly :P 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

I don't think he was blaming Maximum Rock and Roll rather using it as an example he could relate to.  He probably meant more celebrity culture, the media and the record labels?

But yes, a non-issue. It shouldn't be news.

Another article from Ultimate Classic Rock here: talks about Dookie and ranks Green Day's albums (probably  nothing new here):

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/green-day-dookie/

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't think he was blaming Maximum Rock and Roll rather using it as an example he could relate to.  He probably meant more celebrity culture, the media and the record labels?

But yes, a non-issue. It shouldn't be news.

He said "that magazine" in the Cobain part and Maximum Rock n Roll was the only magazine mentioned so I think he kind of was. I think the original conversation was about Maximum Rock n Roll in general and they just made the article out of the Cobain part haha.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Another article from Alt Press here claiming Billie said that Green Day abandoned plans for a huge Dookie 25th anniversary tour. Really? That isn't what he said is it?

https://www.alternativenation.net/green-day-abandoned-plans-huge-dookie-25th-anniversary-shows/

Well that takes journalism to a whole new level!  Write a wild ass headline, reprint the text from the post, print the post.  Hope they went home happy with their days work, jeez!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just found a cool easter egg on spotify. I’m playing God’s Favorite Band on shuffle and you know how normally it shows you the album cover with the player controls below it for each song? Well it does, but each time it plays a song off Dookie, it changes to a full screen animation that runs for the length of the song. Fun. 

I checked Dookie and saw it does it for that album too but it’s not full screen. Try it with GFB it’s worth it 🙂

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just found a cool easter egg on spotify. I’m playing God’s Favorite Band on shuffle and you know how normally it shows you the album cover with the player controls below it for each song? Well it does, but each time it plays a song off Dookie, it changes to a full screen animation that runs for the length of the song. Fun. 

I checked Dookie and saw it does it for that album too but it’s not full screen. Try it with GFB it’s worth it 🙂

Do you have premium? It's not doing that for me... (free version)

16 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Do you have premium? It's not doing that for me... (free version)

Yeah sorry. It must just be premium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is really random - an article saying Green Day headline the Rocksmith 90s song pack VI (something to do with Xbox):

http://www.thexboxhub.com/green-day-headline-the-rocksmith-90s-mix-song-pack-vi/

It says:

They don’t wanna be American idiots and they don’t want to find a nation under new media – all Green Day ever wanted was to come around to Rocksmith. And today they are found headlining the latest DLC pack!

Rocksmith axe grinders of a certain age will no doubt love the look of the latest DLC pack to hit Rocksmith 2014 Edition and Rocksmith Remastered as once more we get whisked back a couple of decades to the alternative and punk filled years of the 1990s. The Rocksmith 90s Mix Song Pack VI is a bit of a stunner too, with three tunes that will no doubt hold a massive place in the heart of many a 40-something year old. Yep, that’s me!

Priced up at £6.39, the 90s Mix Song Pack VI contains:

Green Day – When I Come Around

Stone Temple Pilots – Trippin’ On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Joan Osborne – One Of Us

As is quite usually the case, each of the tunes listed above can also be picked up as individual purchases, with a £2.39 price tag attached to each. That means should you like the melodic riffs of ‘When I Come Around’, but aren’t particularly a fan of anything that Joan Osborne has created, or think that STP are just a bit too rough and ready, then the opportunity to jump in with just the one tune is there to embrace.

To get hold of these tunes a digital store near you will need to be visited. Us Xbox One and Xbox 360 players should rock on over to the Xbox Store, whilst wannabe guitarists preferring the fame and fortune of PS3 and PS4 should head to their store.

However and wherever you decide to play Rocksmith matters little though and as the self-proclaimed ‘fastest way to learn guitar’, anyone with an inkling of an idea about strumming some strings should most definitely check it out. If you want to know more about how the whole tutoring system works then make sure you hit up our full review.

Let us know if you decide to pick up the Rocksmith 90s Mix Song Pack VI or not by posting in the comments below. You don’t have to be an American Idiot to realise that is is a hugely tempting week for Rocksmith gamers.

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Nice they're getting acknowledged. Billie Joe alone is probably the most overdressed rock musician of all time. There's always a ten guys in washed-out unironed t-shirts and then there's Billie Joe in a ruffled shirt and a red tux jacket like he's just time travelled from the 70's. It's a fine kind of swag.

I love his award show look. Gotta thank their stylist for that. The ruffled shirt and tux at the HoF was the kind of thing only he could pull off and his cheetah print shirt at the AMAs was insane 😍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love his award show look. Gotta thank their stylist for that. The ruffled shirt and tux at the HoF was the kind of thing only he could pull off and his cheetah print shirt at the AMAs was insane 😍

Confession- I hated the cheetah print shirt.  Everything for the red carpet, hair, makeup, looked off to me.  He looked a million times better at the performance. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Confession- I hated the cheetah print shirt.  Everything for the red carpet, hair, makeup, looked off to me.  He looked a million times better at the performance. 

Exact opposite impression for me. I was sorry he changed out of it for the performance. I’m tired of him in solid red and black, it’s why I’m not a fan of the RevRad tour wardrobe. I want to see him in prints again, stripes, different colors, etc. He looks good in so much. 

• Like 3

Tweet here from 107.7 - someone who wishes they could buy all @greendays gear:

and another here about the new indie amnesty: music fans share the embarrassing ways they incorporated bands into their schoolwork:

They should have mentioned @solongfromthestars project ;) 

Lastly Kerrang! have done a throwback Thursday on this old Green Day cover:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

and another here about the new indie amnesty: music fans share the embarrassing ways they incorporated bands into their schoolwork:

I totally am guilty of the fact that I made a Nirvana smiley stamp out of a linoleum block in art class and stamped it for my mom :lol: She still has it hanging in the house!

• Like 1