Random Green Day News

Hermione

10 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Billboard have posted this Music Video Evolution for Green Day:

Funny all of the trilogy videos that weren't really music videos that have in there yet they forget Geek Stink Breath.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2019 at 3:44 PM, Billie Hoe said:

The number of times they've played 21st CB songs live is TOO DAMN LOW!!!

and trilogy songs too

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Don't Green Day hold the record for longest song ever performed on TOTP (Jesus of Suburbia)? *checks wiki* yep they do :D 

Oh wow I didn't know that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

And If memory serves, were one of the bands who made a stand against their horrible lip-synching.  They used to never let bands perform live, it was all dubbed although maybe, as so many bands on were rubbish, that maybe what killed the programme 😂😂

I remember one time on that show Billie had a shirt with a sign "Who am I fooling?"  and wasn't really trying to fool anyone. :P Also I think it was Muse who completely trolled this programme and just goofed the entire time instead of playing their instruments.

• Like 3

Good lord, that video :lol: I never knew about this, I somehow didn't expect something like that from muse :P This is objectively hilarious 

what I don't understand about playback though is, while they can pretend to sing or unplug a guitar, how do you silence the drums? Is it simply so loud in that studio that the people cant hear it? It didnt look like he was pretending to play, especially not with the cymbals... how do you do it?

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I remember one time on that show Billie had a shirt with a sign "Who am I fooling?"  and wasn't really trying to fool anyone. :P Also I think it was Muse who completely trolled this programme and just goofed the entire time instead of playing their instruments.

Please tell me there's video or image proof of that :D

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Good lord, that video :lol: I never knew about this, I somehow didn't expect something like that from muse :P This is objectively hilarious 

what I don't understand about playback though is, while they can pretend to sing or unplug a guitar, how do you silence the drums? Is it simply so loud in that studio that the people cant hear it? It didnt look like he was pretending to play, especially not with the cymbals... how do you do it?

Please tell me there's video or image proof of that :D

I wonder how it's done too.

It might be this performance 

Not really news but Rock Sound have done a piece on Billie's IG post about the "microphone voice speak thingy"!

Another (I think radio station) using the same IG post to report the nonsensical lyrics!:

4 hours ago, jengd said:

And If memory serves, were one of the bands who made a stand against their horrible lip-synching.  They used to never let bands perform live, it was all dubbed although maybe, as so many bands on were rubbish, that maybe what killed the programme 😂😂

That's right! They did

Consequence of Sound here ranking every GD album from worst to best:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/01/ranking-every-green-day-album-from-worst-to-best/

And another Consequence of sound article here - "In Defence of Green Day - Green Day doesn't suck - You Suck!":

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/01/in-defense-of-green-day/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

Muse are the kings of lip sync trolling, they used to do it all the time when there were loads of shows that asked for it. While Green Day would say no to performing if they couldn't play live Muse would happily say yes and then make it as obvious as possible they were miming and have a laugh with it. Matt even did it a bit when they performed the official song of the London Olympics at the closing ceremony. Peak trolling moment was when they switched members round so Dom was miming the singing and Matt was miming the drums on live TV. If you search Muse miming on youtube there's many hilarious results. Shame Green Day didn't have the same idea really, could've been funny. Imagine this with Tre and Billie :P 

I always loved that she talked to Dom as if he were Matt.  Also, if I remember correctly, they were on once before, and she talked to them then.  So you'd think she'd realize she was talking to the wrong person.  :lol:

I always loved the one where Matt did the somersault into the audience in the middle of Hysteria.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I always loved that she talked to Dom as if he were Matt.  Also, if I remember correctly, they were on once before, and she talked to them then.  So you'd think she'd realize she was talking to the wrong person.  :lol:

I always loved the one where Matt did the somersault into the audience in the middle of Hysteria.

And how he keeps saying "our drummer Matt" :lol:The Hysteria somersault is my favourite! I had resisted posting it before so glad you did :D. I also particularly like this because of playing the guitar with his sleeves over his hands and the epic keyboard solo. And this where they made them mime their instruments but let Matt sing, big mistake :lol:. OK I'll stop now :P, I could watch Muse miming videos all day.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hermione said:

And how he keeps saying "our drummer Matt" :lol:The Hysteria somersault is my favourite! I had resisted posting it before so glad you did :D. I also particularly like this because of playing the guitar with his sleeves over his hands and the epic keyboard solo. And this where they made them mime their instruments but let Matt sing, big mistake :lol:. OK I'll stop now :P, I could watch Muse miming videos all day.

Yeah, this one has a bunch, including two of my other favorites, the Newborn opening at 1:17 and Chris taking the mic in his mouth at 4:45.  :lol:

• Haha 1

This article mentions the Green Day Tribute in Berkeley this week:

https://hoodline.com/2019/01/green-day-tribute-taiko-drumming-and-more-the-best-live-music-events-in-berkeley-this-week

This one gives a brief mention of Dookie being 25 years old and has a cover of "Oh Love":

http://activate.metroactive.com/2019/01/green-day-tribute-at-art-boutiki/

And Green Day get a mention in an article about Busted!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46389081

And there's a cover of Good Riddance here (it's pretty bad in my opinion) with the words changed (relating to school closures!)

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/polar-vortex-school-closings/

And we've got 22 hours left to get Green Day to the top of this Rock Sound poll/list:

• Like 1