Random Green Day News

Hermione

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Didn't he (along with Mike maybe) once trash someone's house and shit in a pot and put it in their oven and turn it on? Trashcan is definitely a step up

So punk🤮

On 1/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, Jane Lannister said:

I wonder why is there an ad at the top of this page asking me if my karma is bad. I'm afraid the baked shit clogged up my chacras.

o shit if your chi is off you might need to phone an expert. 

• Haha 1

21st Century Breakdown gets a mention in this short piece from Rock Sound about albums turning 10 this year:

• Like 4

Rock Sound are mentioning GD almost every day at the moment! Another mention here for 12 times bands from the scene were the musical guest on SNL:

And one here about the 12 songs played the most by the guys:

24 minutes ago, The Insider said:

When it said bet you can't guess the top one I thought it would be She (it's always been weird to me that that's one of their most played) but the actual top one is epic. Also KFAD :D 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It says the number one song will surprise you and then turns out to be Longview? Not a surprise. 

I think it's reasonably surprising that it's not Basket Case, maybe that's what they were getting at

Edit: Yeah Rocksound is British and Longview is less well known here (it was their first big hit in the US but here it wasn't very successful and their first hit was Basket Case) so I think that's it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Insider said:

I love that I basically already knew this because I'm a nerd and found out you can see their statistics on setlist.fm :lol: They were playing Longview in '92, weren't they? And it was the first Dookie single, so I think it makes sense to be number 1. 

In case you're wondering, the rest of the top 20 are: 

13 American Idiot - 538

14 Holiday - 509

15 2000 Light Years Away - 506

16 St. Jimmy - 503

17 Boulevard of Broken Dreams - 489

18 Jesus of Suburbia - 474

19 Are We the Waiting - 423

20 Know Your Enemy - 350

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/green-day-13d68939.html

• Like 1

That list is cool, but I don't think it is that accurate, since there are many shows, specially the old ones, where we don't have a clue about what was played

• Like 2

Cant believe they played 2000 Light Years Away more than King For A Day. Fake News.

Edit: I didnt realize that @DeJennsitized 's list isn't the top 10 and now I cant check to make sure because I dont have any data 😅 apologies 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alf said:

That list is cool, but I don't think it is that accurate, since there are many shows, specially the old ones, where we don't have a clue about what was played

It's based on setlist.fm's user input, so it's about as accurate as it can be, I guess

6 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Cant believe they played 2000 Light Years Away more than King For A Day. Fake News.

Edit: I didnt realize that @DeJennsitized 's list isn't the top 10 and now I cant check to make sure because I dont have any data 😅 apologies 

KFAD is number 8 - 645 times :lol: 139 more times than 2000 LYA, wow

• Like 1

Do our own stats guru's on here think this is accurate, it would suggest to me that they have only played around 1000 shows since 1994, I say only, I know that's a lot but I thought it was more.  They did 117 shows for Revrad so I suppose it maybe is right?

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Do our own stats guru's on here think this is accurate, it would suggest to me that they have only played around 1000 shows since 1994, I say only, I know that's a lot but I thought it was more.  They did 117 shows for Revrad so I suppose it maybe is right?

I know we have most of the shows already listed (specially from 1994 on), but we don't have the setlist for all of them, specially the early shows, and I guess lookout era songs would reach higher positions on the list if we have it 

• Like 2

I'm surprised jaded is on the list, and I'm also really surprised that welcome to paradise isn't higher up! I feel like that song has always been on their set list, and it's one of the oldest ones they still play! It's hard to believe that they played minority more than welcome to paradise

• Like 1

I thought Knowledge would make the list or are they only counting original songs?  Seems they always play that (except for a stretch in the middle years maybe)

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

The number of times they've played 21st CB songs live is TOO DAMN LOW!!!

Seriously how does a Grammy winning album not get more love? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought Knowledge would make the list or are they only counting original songs?  

It's No. 5 in the original article

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It's No. 5 in the original article

Oops. I must have scrolled too fast 🤦‍♀️