Random Green Day News

Hermione

4 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

he's the most important member of green day, is who he is

That was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen if not reality but I’m still laughing.

***I thought this topic was “off limits”. That article is the one I posted in the thread that went out of control.  Jeff looks different but she really is about as nice as they come. I am SURE his apology is real and not to save face and also he had a REALLY bad year.  The GD with politicians post had me in stitches too so thanks for making me laugh GD fans. Just realized this was BH so she won’t even see my appreciation. ;)

• Like 4

Article from Rocksound here which includes "Cigarettes & Valentines" as one of the scrapped albums we'd like to hear:

• Like 3

The next person who picks a fight gets a warning point. Let’s get off our high horses and back on topic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I'm probably not the only one who thinks that the best idea for everyone right now is to put an end to this conversation. While the drama sure is entertaining, the arguments are repeating themselves, people seem to be debating in circles, and I feel like every person who visits the forum at all has already voiced their opinion on the matter. And it's been a while since there have been news about the conflict anyway and perhaps it's for the best to stay out of it from now on and let Kalie and Jeff handle this themselves? :confused:

Put us out of our misery, mods. 

I generally think it's best to let conversations naturally die out rather than imposing restrictions. If you feel this way, maybe others do too and it won't continue anyway.

But these kinds of decisions are often made as a moderating team, so maybe others will feel differently.

22 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I barely come on here anymore so I'll take one as well, this is a pretty frequent occurrence and seems to be consistently overlooked. So condescending and always the victim. Theres nothing wrong with debate or even arguing (imo) but its the attitude of members that ruins the discussion rather than what's said. 

May be something to it then?

This to me is insider info, hence why you're seen as an insider

Hey, knock it off. You've added two comments to that post already since being given a verbal warning point for continuing fights.  

• Sad 1

image.png

image.png

I don't care how long your posts are. If you have  problem with something we're doing, send a PM about it. Hell go post in the GDC feedback thread. Stop hijacking the popular topics to air grievances about each other.

• Confused 1

On 1/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Article from Rocksound here which includes "Cigarettes & Valentines" as one of the scrapped albums we'd like to hear:...

For some reason I feel like Cigarettes and Valentines would just be kinda like Shenanigans and most people would just be disappointed. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

For some reason I feel like Cigarettes and Valentines would just be kinda like Shenanigans and most people would just be disappointed. 

I can agree that it probably would be more disappointing because we have all built it up in our minds to be a lot like AI in quality. (don't get me wrong, I love Shenanigans, but it pales in comparison to the overall quality of AI) and I feel like because we love the boys so much and we've heard so much good stuff from them that we would automatically assumed C&V would be some lost gem that is magically amazing. Of course I would still LOVE to hear it and I think it would be an awesome album, but I don't think it would be nearly as exciting as we all hope it would be!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

Why would C&V be like a compilation?

21 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Why would C&V be like a compilation?

Because we've already heard some songs which appeared as B-sides or on later albums, if not most of them.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Because we've already heard some songs which appeared as B-sides or on later albums, if not most of them.

Ahhh Ok if they released it now it’d feel like a comp 

we know it was 20 songs recorded there’s still about 15 we haven’t heard 

https://www.altpress.com/features/rock-albums-2009-10-years-old-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1DILmTZAQKeRdpI6M85k9hEeWYac9M_Tc6uxb8BVcgS_NvPsSUQ9MQjdg

Green Day – 21st Century Breakdown

RELEASE DATE: May 15, 2009
After American Idiot, Green Day hooked up with famed Nirvana producer Butch Vig to put the gloss on their follow-up rock opera, 21st Century Breakdown. A catchy narrative of alienation in a time of political strife, the three-act blitzkrieg had Billie Joe and company at the arguable zenith of their impressive stretch as rock ’n’ roll’s modern Working Class Heroes.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I like that but "She is a rebel" bothers me more than it should :P 

The capital letters at the start annoy me, and the fact each answer is a different size 😒 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Small piece here from Rock Sound saying a 15th Anniversary American Idiot tour is one we'd give anything to see:

• Like 2

They don't say much but here's Catfish & The Bottlemen talking to Radio X about being on tour with Green Day:

And another Rock Sound short article about bands with alter egos:

Rock Sound are loving GD right now :lol:

• Like 1