Random Green Day News

Hermione

11 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

If anyone still cares, she has taken down the screen shot, and the vidoe, and only left up that she has connection to Jeff 

Stories only appear for 24 hours and IG takes them down 

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Stories only appear for 24 hours and IG takes them down 

Ye, however, she posted it less than 24 hours ago, however she started the post about not being connected to Jeff, and that is just about still up

27 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

I don't want to judge either Jeff or Kaylie, like @Second favourite son said, I just want to share my experience, my thoughts and my impressions.

I was in the same situation as Kaylie with my ex, who didn't harass me a week... but a year and a half, with many texts every day the first weeks, until it got up to a text every few days; all undesired, and which I never replied to, not one. Because I knew he was too heartbroken, I knew there was nothing to do about it. I had just broken up with him, didn't cheat on him. I filled a police report after the first few weeks because "I couldn't take it anymore", like Kaylie. I was angry against him. I felt compassion though, I knew he was hurt and I didn't mean to (and I didn't expect that extreme reaction) but I didn't feel like he had compassion towards me on the other hand, he kept harassing me.

Luckily none of us were very social media, it was our private relationship from beginning to end, no reason to share it anywhere on internet. I ended up blocking his number and leave him to deal with his feelings, like I dealt with mine. Now, about police reports, it's true (at least in France it is) that you won't get any court for that kind of thing. And with the hindsight, that's a good thing. Jeff is not a criminal. He was probably very hurt, even more after he had shared all their romance on social media, which was not smart. But now that he stopped, it's Kaylie who shares this stuff on social media. Even private stuff like texts. Maybe it’s an overreaction after the GD fans threatened her (and these are the only really bad people in this, to stupidly threaten her because they’re GD fans and don’t understand that you are simply very hurt after being left behind).

I remember that even I was feeling threatened physically, with only my ex's texts, so... I understand that, and I think she is doing this to at least feel protected. But it's also using the same way Jeff used to accuse her in the first place... and giving too much importance to all this. It doesn’t help either of them to move on. Disabling followers on her Instagram, it’s all social media war, it’s dumb. Everybody's saying Jeff is immature, maybe he is, he is most of all heart broken because he's the one who's been left, and he deserves compassion as well for that alone. Both deserve compassion. She is not acting very adult herself to continue giving a life to this on her social media.

If she decides (like I did with my ex) not to respond to him, but if she does it only to post his monologue to her on social media to prove him wrong, she may want to reverse the power relation, (because supposedly he’ll get all the support for being famous… which I think is wrong given what I could read only here, she probably gets the most support overall now, among GD and non-GD fans) while the best thing to do would be to stop the social media spreading and not to give us to know anything to prove anyone right or wrong. Once again he was the one who brought it up but also the one who was initially hurt, and being a celebrity doesn't seem to play in his favor even among us GD fans, because she gets sympathy as a young non-famous woman, which is good, but not when it's made a point against him just because he is famous, and was supposedly using fame to get to her... he apologized, and the fact he deleted his apologies doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't sincere, it may also be a way of saying that he recognizes this whole affair should never had been brought up publicly, and wants to end it privately. But she's only blowing on the embers.

I don't know her and perhaps all she gives us to show is real, but even then it only seems to me like a desperate, sad man (age isn’t meaningful in relationship feelings, I don’t think so) who's been left alone and feels terrible about it. Once again, maybe she does it because she still feels threatened not by Jeff himself, but by the people who directly threatened her, but if he ever sees what she's been posting, I don't think it will help him stop to text her.

It took my ex one year and a half to stop while nothing happened from my part. Yeah, he contacted my friends too and I was very angry, even more since my friends seemed to pity him. But I think overall, I had the good role, I wasn’t suffering like he was. Okay, guys can be very childish when being left behind... but no, he's not a criminal, and for me, there's no way he deserves to be kicked out of Green Day for that. It's not up to us to decide that anyways. 

Well said, @The Bellie!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

This offends me 

this better be sarcasm, if not this is what gives Trump ammo. 

Idk everything screams to believe her, I always believe someone when they come forward. He was creepy from the beginning and has always been an asshole, not that that's evidence but it certainly doesn't put him in my list of favorite people. One thing is for sure, he is very immature and his behavior alone that we do know of I would not want associated with MY band personally. I'm just saying... I would not be upset if Jeff were to get kicked out 🙂

• Like 4

6 hours ago, o_O said:

this better be sarcasm, if not this is what gives Trump ammo. 

635542243858437657-2083975958_tumblr_inl

• Like 3

Wow! This is still going on? I've been gone for like five days! :confused:

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Wow! This is still going on? I've been gone for like five days! :confused:

There's been no Random Green Day news since :lol: 

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

There's been no Random Green Day news since :lol: 

Actually this has now taken over as the top Green Day news story

17 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

i love green day, they're my favorite band

Spoiler

tumblr_pkro8leoD11w9swdvo1_250.jpgMV5BMzhhNTJhYmEtMjk5Yy00OTc0LTlmMTgtZTU5220px-Ted_Cruz,_official_portrait,_113th

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whoa I just found out how much of a creepy and abusive dude Jeff is, I think there should be a thread for this whole situation (i didn't find one but saw it's being discussed here). I found out by accident and other fans should know about this too. He should face the concequences.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

All I'm gonna say is that I never liked Jeff. Not for any legit reason, he just gave me really bad vibes and his contribution to GD is meh at best. Him showing what a piece of shit he really is just confirms my bad feeling about him. Forever wishing GD would get rid of him, now more than ever. 

50 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

All I'm gonna say is that I never liked Jeff. Not for any legit reason, he just gave me really bad vibes and his contribution to GD is meh at best. Him showing what a piece of shit he really is just confirms my bad feeling about him. Forever wishing GD would get rid of him, now more than ever. 

Kinda has represented the band and himself in an icky way a few times that made me feel weird about him. Glad it’s boiled to the surface.

I could be wrong because it was a while ago and it’s not like i really want to bother watching the Jeff Matika Show again (was that show for attention?) anyway: did he interview Dog Party (two teenage girls) and ask them if who they’d rather marry, kill or fuck out of Green Day? Teenage girls need to be asked which 40-something year old men they look up to which they’d rather marry, kill or fuck? Gross. Anyway it was awkward and they sort of answered the question. I think they said: Marry Billie, kill Tre and they didn’t answer the fuck question so Matika answered if for them “LUCKY MIKE!” Why would they want this guy in the band acting like that with teenage girls? 

I could be totally wrong and misremember this interview. 

Either way, I won’t miss Jeff one bit. Good riddance.

Edited by Virginia Lot Lizzard
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Jeff is the zodiac killer 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4ddK5tVJO1aVV_06KEW-

My two biggest interests are Green Day and serial killers. How the fuck haven't I made this connection lol 

5 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Can some nice person summarise the Jeff situation please ?

Thank you.

Jeff had a non-famous girlfriend half his age, they broke up, he went on a tweet rage about how she was messaging other guys, told GD fans to 'keep hate coming' on instagram, and then his girlfriend made posts on her private instagram about how he is harassing her and provided screenshots of 20 missed calls and a bunch of unanswered texts, as well as saying GD fans were making death threats to her. Jeff had initially apologised but deleted it, and then deleted his twitter and instagram. I think that's the gist?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightlife said:

My two biggest interests are Green Day and serial killers. How the fuck haven't I made this connection lol 

I wouldn never expect these interests to overlap!

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I wouldn never expect these interests to overlap!

Of course they do, we have established that Tre is the Zodiac Killer

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Of course they do, we have established that Tre is the Zodiac Killer

oh noooo now i can't envision that! Tre would be a precious Zodiac Killer over Ted Cruz. :P 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nightlife said:

You know, I've always felt that way about him too. Like you, I couldn't really put my finger on a concrete reason why. It was just an "I don't know about this guy" kind of feeling. Glad someone else here feels the same.

Jason White will be playing in Oakland on Sunday night. Wasn't sure where to put this as it didn't relate directly to GD so am leaving it here:

• Like 1