Random Green Day News

Hermione

I don't think I'm being over the top when I say that even though I'm not jumping to conclusions and try to not be judgemental, all we've seen looks very much like Jeff's behavior is at least uncalled for and at worst illegal. I don't support online lynches, but I can't say what I've seen made me assume Jeff is flawless. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah I agree that details that only come from one side should be taken with a grain of salt unless there's proof. That Jeff has dragged this in public and harassed/caused others to harass her is clear though, so I think it's fair to say he's behaved in a shitty way and is the one at fault here at this point. Or to say that someone who behaves like that, including trying to use Green Day fans to give this non famous woman half his age shit (bearing in mind the only reason people follow him/give a fuck about him is his GD connection so when he posts that's who he's talking to) probably doesn't belong in a band like Green Day. If all the other stuff is true there should be consequences but I do agree it should be investigated first. Doesn't mean we can't say his behaviour is bad before that based just on what we do know though.

People are saying a lot more than “his behavior is bad”, if you’ve noticed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

20 unsolicited calls in less an a week is harassment.

It’s completely inappropriate and it’s a sign that someone needs mental health help. But it’s not criminal. If you had a brother who did something like this, I’m sure you would urge him to get help. And I doubt you would appreciate him being tried and convicted by an online mob of people who don’t have all the facts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adorkable said:

I don't think anyone is saying Jeff is flawless. Just simply that we are getting part of the story, a very small part. Remember, Kalie and Jeff both shared what they wanted to share. So both of them gave us the part of the story they wanted us to see. I also truly believe that no issue is 100% one persons fault. Both of them have behaved badly by airing the end of their relationship via social media. It isn't our place to judge either of them other than the fact that this never should have gotten to this point on social media.  

Oh absolutely. We don't know the whole story - all we know is that Jeff has harrassed his ex on social media (at least, we can give him the benefit of doubt, when it comes to the screenshots). It would have been for the best if they wouldn't air dirty laundry on social media. Then again, it's Jeff who started it and displayed some very questionable behavior so it's not surprising he's being criticized for it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

It’s completely inappropriate and it’s a sign that someone needs mental health help. But it’s not criminal. If you had a brother who did something like this, I’m sure you would urge him to get help. And I doubt you would appreciate him being tried and convicted by an online mob of people who don’t have all the facts.

I think a family member is different to an ex-boyfriend (who's already encouraged online threats) consistently calling a woman half his age who obviously wants nothing to do with him - and that was clear from both of their posts. If someone doesn't take the hint but continues to try and force contact, that's a problem.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

I think a family member is different to an ex-boyfriend (who's already encouraged online threats) consistently calling a woman half his age who obviously wants nothing to do with him - and that was clear from both of their posts. If someone doesn't take the hint but continues to try and force contact, that's a problem.

Yes, we’ve all agreed and it’s clear it’s a problem. What is not clear is whether all of Kalie’s serious accusations on the video are true. That is not up to us to determine with the information we have now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

The information I've seen is enough for me to determine that Jeff's an annoying asshole who can't take rejection, or any responsibility for his shitty actions. Things like 'where's the evidence' despite her literally showing some is why women are too scared to report harassment or abuse. 

Obviously that’s not the case with Kalie. She has aired her grievances on social media for all to see, and she said she’s filing a police report. If Jeff has truly been threatening her and her family members, then she has witnesses to atest to this and I’m sure saved evidence of his threats. So if she’s being truthful, she needs to bring forth that evidence. Until then, we don’t know exactly what has happened here.

20 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

The information I've seen is enough for me to determine that Jeff's an annoying asshole who can't take rejection, or any responsibility for his shitty actions. Things like 'where's the evidence' despite her literally showing some is why women are too scared to report harassment or abuse. 

Yeah like, obviously some of the stuff should be investigated before it's all assumed true. If it is I hope she reports it and that happens. But the facts we've already seen show he's acted like a dick.

• Like 4

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

Obviously that’s not the case with Kalie. She has aired her grievances on social media for all to see, and she said she’s filing a police report. If Jeff has truly been threatening her and her family members, then she has witnesses to atest to this and I’m sure saved evidence of his threats. So if she’s being truthful, she needs to bring forth that evidence. Until then, we don’t know exactly what has happened here.

I'd say she's being merciful to Jeff if she's saving the evidence for the police instead of posting all of it. She probably could drag him a lot more if she wanted to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Yeah like, obviously some of the stuff should be investigated before it's all assumed true. If it is I hope she reports it and that happens. But the facts we've already seen show he's acted like a dick.

No one has argued that he didn’t act like a dick, not really the point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I couldn't sum it up any better.

• Like 1

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I'd say she's being merciful to Jeff if she's saving the evidence for the police instead of posting all of it. She probably could drag him a lot more if she wanted to.

But we don’t know that for sure because she didn’t present that evidence to us. Sorry guys, I have to keep bringing up that making assumptions without clear evidence is not right.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

But we don’t know that for sure because she didn’t present that evidence to us. Sorry guys, I have to keep bringing up that making assumptions without clear evidence is not right.

I don't think I'm making any assumptions because the only conclusion I'm making - that Jeff's behavior was wrong can be based on his own public actions alone, even if I don't take Kalie's posts into consideration.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oh she could drag him to hell and back :lol: gotta admire her for keeping it to herself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't think I'm making any assumptions because the only conclusion I'm making - that Jeff's behavior was wrong can be based on his own public actions alone, even if I don't take Kalie's posts into consideration.

I know we’re going in circles here, but apparently my point isn’t getting through. Kalie’s accusations are the point right now. There is no argument about Jeff’s public recent actions on social media, which we have evidence of, being wrong. The problem some of us have is in assuming that all of the serious allegations she is making are true. We don’t know that. She could have gotten carried away in anger just as he did. Or everything she said she might have full evidence of and he might be guilty of them. Do we know which is correct at this point? No we do not. But many on here are assuming the latter without evidence.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

She doesn't owe us anything. Why should she fall over herself to show us evidence when it's nothing to do with us? She showed screenshots of the calls, that's enough for me to deduce harassment. I don't see why she'd lie. Her IG story wasn't even open to the general public, and seemed to be aimed at her inner circle, warning them about him. No reason to believe it's not the truth, especially when coupled with Jeff's tweets. He dug this hole all by himself.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Did anyone care this much about the age gap when the relationship seemed “happy?” I know on the forum in the past it’s been a touchy subject to question age gaps, but the whole thing has seemed odd to me from the start, especially all the sexual, “my girlfriend is so hot” posts on Twitter that seemed like the shit you’d do in high school coming from a 40-year-old man.

Obviously we’ll never know, but if you have to keep posting online about how great your relationship is, I just wonder how great it actually is? It’s always seemed cringey and forced to me. :confused:

I don't have a problem with an age gap relationship, just with someone so much older acting so immaturely. I don't think they ever really posted enough about their relationship to judge it. Depending on the couple posts like that could just be a fun silly thing, without knowing them well you can't be sure.

3 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

She doesn't owe us anything. Why should she fall over herself to show us evidence when it's nothing to do with us? She showed screenshots of the calls, that's enough for me to deduce harassment. I don't see why she'd lie. Her IG story wasn't even open to the general public, and seemed to be aimed at her inner circle, warning them about him. No reason to believe it's not the truth, especially when coupled with Jeff's tweets. He dug this hole all by himself.

We do not know that. Believe me, when it comes to situations like this, you never assume anything. I’ve seen it many, many times. 

Yes @AlissaGoesRAWR, his posts about the relationship were extremely immature and I found it hard to believe they were coming from a 47 year-old man. And the age difference was....uncomfortable.

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I know we’re going in circles here, but apparently my point isn’t getting through. Kalie’s accusations are the point right now. There is no argument about Jeff’s public recent actions on social media, which we have evidence of, being wrong. The problem some of us have is in assuming that all of the serious allegations she is making are true. We don’t know that. She could have gotten carried away in anger just as he did. Or everything she said she might have full evidence of and he might be guilty of them. Do we know which is correct at this point? No we do not. But many on here are assuming the latter without evidence.

It seems we're not actually disagreeing. The case needs investigation, that's beyond doubt.

10 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Did anyone care this much about the age gap when the relationship seemed “happy?” I know on the forum in the past it’s been a touchy subject to question age gaps, but the whole thing has seemed odd to me from the start, especially all the sexual, “my girlfriend is so hot” posts on Twitter that seemed like the shit you’d do in high school coming from a 40-year-old man.

Obviously we’ll never know, but if you have to keep posting online about how great your relationship is, I just wonder how great it actually is? It’s always seemed cringey and forced to me. :confused:

I can only speak for myself and personally I find big age gaps suspicious because they go hand in hand with a power imbalance. I wouldn't date a guy 10 years my senior, let alone 25.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I can only speak for myself and personally I find big age gaps suspicious because they go hand in hand with a power imbalance. I wouldn't date a guy 10 years my senior, let alone 25.

Yeah, I personally feel the same way, which does add another layer of weirdness to this whole situation, but I know it’s presumptuous to paint every situation with the same brush.

Regardless how I feel about jumping to conclusions about what’s been posted, I can’t say I’m necessarily surprised it didn’t last past the honeymoon phase. 

• Like 2