Random Green Day News

Hermione

30 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

A relationship breaks down, for whatever reason, and whoever is at fault isn't known. 

Person 1 publicly has a go at person 2, then later apologises 

Person 2 is either sad at the end of the relationship, or mad at the previous incident and wants revenge, or some other unknown reason, so goes public to plead their case. Maybe this doesn't go to plan, so they create evidence believable to social media... Rename a number in their phone as person 1 and engineer a load of missed calls using said number. Send a load of messages to own phone. Screen shot and share. 

should let the professionals deal with it. 

Yes, I bloody hate false claims, and understand the importance to be aware of it.  

But I do hope the fans attacking her stops, and Jeff moves on or something, maybe even consider seeing a therapist to talk about his anger 

Then again im just a guy on the internet, false claims can hurt people and so can online social justice, I recommend ” so you been publicly shamed ” by Ron Johnson. 

Let's hope everything goes back to normal for both 

Edited by luketrebilliemike
Unneeded comment
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I think this is reaching a bit. I highly doubt anyone at a Green Day show or in the general public is at risk because Jeff is acting unstable because his girlfriend (supposedly) cheated on him. It’s a very personal issue and I wish it could have just been left as that.   

I don’t get why grown adults have to air their issues on social media like this. Do either of them actually think this will make things better? :confused:

Hit right on the money. We may not agree with either one of their actions, we may not agree with Jeff's neurotic behavior and obsessive tendencies, but that in no way means he is a danger to Green Day fans. However, his position should be considered if these things did happen because in that case justice does need to happen. 

• Like 2

There is documented proof that he started the bullying and harassment and acted like a nut. I very much believe Kalie. The “there’s two sides to every story” theory is so basic. Although it is true but there is usually a right and a wrong. I only saw the one side and it was frightening. You have to have been empathetic and care about victims and victim blaming or victim bashing or have been like a situation this yourself to really feel how wrong it was for Jeff to do all that in the first place. I hope the best for Kalie and I hope he is held accountable for his actions and that this doesn’t get swept under the rug. Obsessive, irrational and encouraging Green Day fans to hate on a young hairdresser and mother is so gross no matter what she does to “retaliate” or try to protect herself and her family.

The “two-sides-to-every-story” works on the kindergarten playground when someone won’t let you share their toy. This is a girl who is scared and feels threatened for the safety of herself and her son and maybe her friends and family. People get killed over shit like this. I’m not saying it’s that extreme because I don’t know but I understand her fear and it’s a legitimate concern even if in some far fetched universe she’s photoshopping screen shots or her phone or whatever theories there are out there. 

His behavior over the holidays and encouraging Green Day fans to hate on her was abhorrent. That’s it. That’s the end. I will never feel comfortable going to a Green Day or Longshot show if he’s in the band and the members of Green Day think he’s ok. This is not ok. I can’t support it and I don’t want to support a band that ignores a problem where a member acts like this and uses their fans as a way to intimidate someone. I don’t think this is a band that stands for that type of behavior and I would be very surprised and disappointed if there are no consequences in that regard. I believe and will support victims.

Edited by Virginia Lot Lizzard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

it amazes me that anyone would feel personally at risk from it. 

Who said they’d feel personally at risk? I’m talking about ethics and doing the right thing and what I said was “I will never feel comfortable going to a Green Day or Longshot show if he’s in the band and the members of Green Day think he’s ok.”

When he encouraged Green Day fans to hate on her that was it for me. 

Edited by Virginia Lot Lizzard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I think this is reaching a bit. I highly doubt anyone at a Green Day show or in the general public is at risk because Jeff is acting unstable because his girlfriend (supposedly) cheated on him. It’s a very personal issue and I wish it could have just been left as that.   

I don’t get why grown adults have to air their issues on social media like this. Do either of them actually think this will make things better? :confused:

Nah, it's not. He is an asshole and of course it should be said. He stepped over the line.

Does that mean he is a danger to me? You? Green Day fans in general? Of course not, we don't know him or will hardly ever meet him, hopefully, but - that's not the issue. But when it comes to image in general... this bullshit behaviour doesn't fly anymore.  Kick him out. 

And please, HE aired it. She responded. HE is responsible. C'mon. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Signe said:

Nah, it's not. He is an asshole and of course it should be said. He stepped over the line.

Does that mean he is a danger to me? You? Green Day fans in general? Of course not, we don't know him or will hardly ever meet him, hopefully, but - that's not the issue. But when it comes to image in general... this bullshit behaviour doesn't fly anymore.  Kick him out. 

And please, HE aired it. She responded. HE is responsible. C'mon. 

This is mob mentality, no better than what happened to Kalie. 

• Like 2

I don't think he poses a threat for Green Day fans at a show and I don't think anybody intended to paint him personally as a murderer, but I have to say I understand where the thought is coming from.

Do I think he would kill Kalie? No.

Am I hearing stories every other day about emotional, jealous men who kill women because they have been rejected or broken up with after showing stalkerish behavior and terrorizing them online or on the phone, and trying to sabotage their relationships, as Kalie said he does? Yeah. I'm not surprised this has been brought up.

And as I said, she hasn't given me, personally, a reason to mistrust her, while my trust in him is deminishingly little.

The idea itself is not as crazy or unheard of at it may sound. Its a dangerous world for women out there. It's very late so idk if I'm getting my point across, so let me phrase it like this. Jeff is not a killer, I do not think he will kill Kalie, I'm not expecting it to happen, but IF it did happen, I can't say I would be surprised. I probably sound crazy but yeah. Men be killing.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I don't think he poses a threat for Green Day fans at a show and I don't think anybody intended to paint him personally as a murderer, but I have to say I understand where the thought is coming from.

Do I think he would kill Kalie? No.

Am I hearing stories every other day about emotional, jealous men who kill women because they have been rejected or broken up with after showing stalkerish behavior and terrorizing them online or on the phone, and trying to sabotage their relationships, as Kalie said he does? Yeah. I'm not surprised this has been brought up.

And as I said, she hasn't given me, personally, a reason to mistrust her, while my trust in him is deminishingly little.

The idea itself is not as crazy or unheard of at it may sound. Its a dangerous world for women out there. It's very late so idk if I'm getting my point across, so let me phrase it like this. Jeff is not a killer, I do not think he will kill Kalie, I'm not expecting it to happen, but IF it did happen, I can't say I would be surprised. I probably sound crazy but yeah. Men be killing.

THIS. This is a wonderfully thought out opinion. And I can see this, too. I can see where the concern is, and the importance of needing the facts AND believing Kalie. Well said. 

*Random* can I also say how awesome it is that even if not all of us agree we can have adult, intelligent conversations?? God I love this community. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Jeff seems to have deactivated his twitter & Instagram profiles

That’s a good thing maybe the time away from the net wakes him up 

• Like 2

While I’ve never really been a fan of Jeff I mean he does his job well he has always struck me as kind of pretentious (perhaps there’s a better word Im looking for but can’t think of any will replace when I remember a more suitable word) douchey type from the few videos I’ve seen of him off stage and on Twitter but I don’t know him could be the nicest guy in real life who knows but hopefully this was a one time situation and he takes this break away from social media and goes and talk to a professional to handle breaking up a whole lot better or at worse if this is a repeated occurrence (which for all intent isn’t Kalie can’t been the only relationship he has had since social media been around the last 10 years this is the first I think we are seeing of this so hopefully this isn’t a repeat thing) but if it is a repeated thing then as stated hope he takes this break and goes and talk to a professional and get the help he may need 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Of course I’m familiar with false equivalency. And I’m sure you’ve heard of social media mob justice. Did you read Signe’s post? She is assuming that everything Kalie said on that video, including that he has threatened her and her family, is true. There is no evidence of this. There is evidence that he acted like an idiot and inappropriately dragged her on social media, and recklessly called others to do the same.  But assuming that he has actually stalked and threatened her based on 7 unanswered calls and a string of texts begging her to contact him, and then calling for not only his dismissal from GD but also that everyone should be “warned” about how “dangerous” he is, is ridiculous at this point. Kalie’s accusations should be taken seriously, Jeff should be banned from contacting her & face the consequences if he does, and an investigation should happen. But it is not up to us to decide if the very serious allegations she makes in that video are true. We do NOT have evidence of stalking, contacting friends and family, and threats. Yet. If the evidence emerges, then it’s a completely different situation. There is a world of difference between being an asshole (inappropriate social media posts that puts your ex at risk), and actual criminal behavior. Y’all need to get a grip until all the facts come out, if they do.

Yeah I agree that details that only come from one side should be taken with a grain of salt unless there's proof. That Jeff has dragged this in public and harassed/caused others to harass her is clear though, so I think it's fair to say he's behaved in a shitty way and is the one at fault here at this point. Or to say that someone who behaves like that, including trying to use Green Day fans to give this non famous woman half his age shit (bearing in mind the only reason people follow him/give a fuck about him is his GD connection so when he posts that's who he's talking to) probably doesn't belong in a band like Green Day. If all the other stuff is true there should be consequences but I do agree it should be investigated first. Doesn't mean we can't say his behaviour is bad before that based just on what we do know though.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

7 unanswered calls

A day? That's a lot. Like, obsessive. Try 20 unanswered calls in 6 days. What do you think the numbers behind the name stand for? And those were only the ones that fit into the screenshot...

• Like 1